FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

(resolved)Help! I messed up my .htaccess(please close)

saratdear
In terms of SEO, I decided that having good URLs for blog posts in the place of the ugly ones that Wordpress gives were better. So I updated the permalink structures in the Wordpress admin panel, and it told me that I need to update my .htaccess

As I didn't have any idea on how to do it, I referred to the Wordpress codex, and it said somewhere that the .htaccess should be in the directory where the main index.php resides. So, I moved it, edited it with the text the admin panel gave me.

Now, when I open my site, what I get is this :

Quote:

Warning: main(./wp-blog-header.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/saratdea/domains/saratsweb.frih.net/public_html/index.php on line 4

Warning: main(./wp-blog-header.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/saratdea/domains/saratsweb.frih.net/public_html/index.php on line 4

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required './wp-blog-header.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/saratdea/domains/saratsweb.frih.net/public_html/index.php on line 4

Any idea what I did wrong, and how this can be corrected?

My blog is at - http://www.saratsweb.frih.net

Thanks,

saratdear
mathiaus
Your index.php was not in your wordpress folder and was not changed to reflect this fact.
Your .htaccess was also empty and again not in your wordpress folder.

What are you wanting to do? Where do want to access your blog from? / or /qordpress/ ?
saratdear
The index.php was not in the Wordpress folder, because I wanted people to see my site at saratsweb.frih.net, and yet not clutter up the public_html folder with the Wordpress files. I installed Wordpress as per furtasacra instructions here - http://www.frihost.com/forums/vp-542176.html#542176

I didn't know you had to change index.php when you edit .htaccess Confused

I don't know much about .htaccess, never needed it, so never even touched it. It was in some folder called cgi-bin in the public_html

I want my blog back. Crying or Very sad Is this info enough?

EDIT : Sorry for the trouble, the problem is solved now. I had to edit the index.php to include something else for it to work.

This thread can be closed now.
Animal
saratdear wrote:
This thread can be closed now.

-close-