FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Frih$ poll (read before voting)

should Frih$ prices go up? (read before posting)
Yes
62%
 62%  [ 15 ]
No
37%
 37%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 24

TimsJugling
Do you think frih is priced to low? I think its starting to get to easy to get it, People are charging way to less for things with way higher valu's. It takes all the fun out of it, dont you think? if things were priced higher then it would be like in real life, (you have to make wise dessitions)
Vote now and you could be part of the future dessition.
Bondings says that if frih$ prices go up then he might make is so you can spend your frih$ on things like the following...
- Submitting to the directory
- Submitting to the website contest
- Changing subdomain or resetting account
- One-month doubling of bandwidth!
- Possible to bid for first place in the directory
And maybe a limited-quantity free domain for a lot of frih$.
you could start bidding on things but only if you start voting for higher pricing and making alot of revenue!! so please vote now to start a better community!!!
please, all I ask of you is to make a differance in the frihost community!!!

Please post your comments Smile
Monkeydog
I would love if bondings alowed us to spent our Frih$ to upgrade our sites and junk like that so yes to whatever...
TimsJugling
come on people? does no one really care? He will only do this if you all make alot of revenue! so start posting about it! and making big fits about how frihost should do this!
OutlawSpirit
well... i dont know what to think, let people price things at what they want if there happy to sell at them prices...

or perhaps another way of gaining FRIH$'s ?! Cool
althalus
I don't use the fri$ so it doesn't bother me. Sure, it might be low and sure people can earn that in a few posts, but so what? As long as the posts are good posts, would it matter? Smile

EDIT: I re-read your post (I thought it was similar to the other ones..) and noticed this:

Quote:
Bondings says that if frih$ prices go up then he might make is so you can spend your frih$ on things like the following...

This I can agree with. It'd be interesting being able to use the fri$ for something that involved your site, such as more bandwidth or space.. But then, I don't use that much space or bw... But for those who do, it'd be a good idea.

Isn't there a rule somewhere that you shouldn't suggest this? (ie they are pondering it already) Wink
TimsJugling
althalus wrote:
I don't use the fri$ so it doesn't bother me. Sure, it might be low and sure people can earn that in a few posts, but so what? As long as the posts are good posts, would it matter? Smile

what im saying is people make one post and get 2.5 frih right? then they get other peole to spend and hour on making a sig and buying it from them for 2 frih! you could make that in less then one post! what im saying is that there should be a minimum limit to sell things. example:

- Text Sig: 10 Frih
- Picture Sig: 20 Frih
- PHPBB Install: make a price for that
- PHPBB: make a price for that too.

get my point?
anime
TimsJugling

yeah i had get ur point its nice idea !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Idea
coolclay
If Bondings was to start selling things (site upgrades, or whatever) I think he should not sell them at a set price but use an auction type format. For example, he could post that he has 10 upgrades to sell or whatever, and list a deadline (day, min., secs.) , and that he has the final say to who wins and then people will bid and out bid each other, then at the final second he closes the topic and the highest 10 people get whatever the item is for however much there last bid was. It could work just like any auction. That is my opinion, but in regards to other people doing things for frih$ they can charge whatever they feel like, you shouldn't artificially increase what someone is willing to sell something for. But if he starts the auction format thing I mentioned frih$ would increase in value. Right now they are worth next to nothing, because everyone has some and they really aren't worth anything but Sigs, and icons and stuff.
TimsJugling
Cool clay wrote: If Bondings was to start selling things (site upgrades, or whatever) I think he should not sell them at a set price but use an auction type format. For example, he could post that he has 10 upgrades to sell or whatever, and list a deadline (day, min., secs.) , and that he has the final say to who wins and then people will bid and out bid each other, then at the final second he closes the topic and the highest 10 people get whatever the item is for however much there last bid was. It could work just like any auction. That is my opinion, but in regards to other people doing things for frih$ they can charge whatever they feel like, you shouldn't artificially increase what someone is willing to sell something for. But if he starts the auction format thing I mentioned frih$ would increase in value. Right now they are worth next to nothing, because everyone has some and they really aren't worth anything but Sigs, and icons and stuff.

its a good idea but he already thought of that, Smile sorry though.
coolclay
He should try implementing it sometime then, I really can't find any flaws in the auction format, it would allow him to sell only a certain amount of items, and it would raise the value of Frih$ drastically. At least thats my opinion.
Jack_Hammer
I can't really comment only having been here for a couple of days I don't know how much things cost and how relative they are or whether there level and stable, but if they are too cheap then yes I think things should be more exspensive and hard to get, plus I think that price and the Fri$ should be able to upgrade your site that would be awsome, would also weed out some of the people that just want to abuse the fact that they just want a free site no strings attached.
Jack_Hammer
Quote:
http://timsjuggling.frihost.com

Click the link above to go to my site!

BTW Tim, it's .NET not .COm because I just tried it, you should really get that fixed...

Razz
gonzo
I don't like this plan.

TimsJugling wrote:

don't care. learn how to use free submission.
Quote:

not for me

Quote:

Is there a legit reason for this?

Quote:

if you're exceeding "free" bandwidth it's time for you to move on.

Quote:

That's not likely to gain you much.

Quote:
And maybe a limited-quantity free domain for a lot of frih$.

what's your time worth?
TimsJugling
Jack_Hammer wrote:
Quote:
http://timsjuggling.frihost.com

Click the link above to go to my site!

BTW Tim, it's .NET not .COm because I just tried it, you should really get that fixed...

Razz

sorry, I messed up. I'll change it. Thanks jack-hammer and welcome to the forums!
TimsJugling
bump

Need more Votes
waiteck
I think this request have been made before. As i have seen it by people, asking if the fri$ could be used to upgrade accounts or increase bandwith.
dionet
good idea, if we need more space or bandwith... we can use it.
It better than use points...
Guelila
If we could get free domains with frih$, I would so try my best to earn it. Very Happy
babumuchhala
For all those thinking to buy domains by using their FRI$'s then think again.

Bonding says he will charge a huge sum of FRI$'s to issue it. So it wont be anything less Than FRI$ 750/- (my opinion)

So the time u did spend on reaching that level, u did btter buy one right out.
TimsJugling
Bump: again Smile
otaku
It's a cool idea to use FRI$ to upgrade stuff.

BTW, if you want a pic sig, MAKE IT YOURSELF
GiLaD
Actually, this sounds very good. Like a mini-work at the forums.
But now we can't do anything with the FRIH$. Can we?
EtherealDesert
Ha ha. Yeah. Well. The price should go up. No question really. And related to that, I'm also thinking about the system as a whole. Why not also lower the points gained by writing posts? That would actually make people (oh yeah, my own lazy self included) give more to the forum. And yes, I'm well aware of the fact that more words doesn't automaticly equal more content, but a double in words converting to points should be tried at least (and yes, maybe I should be in another thread - sigh).
krazeek
am I missing something here? i didnt know we could buy a domain name with are Fri$. Can someone give me a link to were we could? sorry i've been busy with school lately.
Dimaod
I think its a good idea....
we are all time earn FRIH$ for posting....
And if we earn it we must spend it Wink
krazeek
I got a quick question, and it's not worth a thread.

I had negative points and didnt no about it because i havent had time on here because of school, but i have been getting a forbidden error when i try to access my site and now i have positive points. how long will it take for the site to get up and working again? Sad
SNES350
A domain in exchange for Fri$ would be really nice, even if it is really expensive. Though you don't want people to start posting more (at bad quality) just for that.
Bondings
Please, I won't give away domains for a fixed rate of frih$. Maybe on a special occasion a few domains in either a contest or to the most active posters.
gonzo
What part did sycophantry play in the dominant yes vote? Shocked
ekstroom
If we could get free domains with frih$, I would so try my best to earn it. Wink
thadnation
TimsJugling doesn't know ANYTHING about economics. The marketplace is a FREE AND OPEN MARKETPLACE which means THE PEOPLE decide the prices. If you don't want to create a signature for 2 bucks, then don't. someone else would be perfectly happy to do so. and if no body will do it for the price offered, then the poster will just have to raise it. it's that simple.