FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Printer DB25 adapter to USB question.

Xeniczone
http://sewelldirect.com/USB-to-DB25-Adapter.asp

Has anybody used one of these or knows how they work, I have 2 questions about it.

Do they require drivers?

Can I use more then 1 on 1 PC? So if I want to hook up 4 printers to on computer can I do it using this adapter.
myrevolt
The purpose of this adapter is to use an old printer that only has a parallel port with a new computer that does not have a parallel port. Most new printers have usb ports and I suppose (but have not noticed) that newer computers lack a parallel port. It shouldn't require a driver because its just a hardware adapter, the computer should not know the difference. Sure so long as you have enough USB ports (or a hub) you can connect multiple printers. It does seem expensive to buy several of these cables (though one will do if you are not printing from all of them at the same time) without double-checking that the printers do not have native USB ports.
fadirocks
Here is another option instead of USBing your printer, you can put your printer on server and be shared on network
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833315059
SyncM
Yes they reciuer drivers and yes. But some computers/ writters dont like this adapters so they do not always work