FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

sarbaraj101
Anyone who like harry potter here?

The film is about to release.
Anyone planning to watch/get a DVD?
stevethedog
Yeah I'm looking forward to the film, the book for this one was pretty exciting so it should be good. Voldemort!
scottycrip
Yea I love this series. I just hate how long we have to wait between films. Too bad they couldn't just film the whole thing and then release a new one each year. Also it's kind of weird that the kids (actors) are aging so much, inconsistent to the storyline. But that really take away from the movie, at least to me.
hlavco
I've read all the books so far. I've only seen the first movie. I'll have to see the rest sometime. (And also re-read a few books. Memory's getting fuzzy...)
macxthegamer
nvr really liked harry potter...srry
scottycrip
You never really liked using vowels in certain words either?
xanarulz
scottycrip wrote:
You never really liked using vowels in certain words either?

lol, meh I want to see it, but most likely would have to wait until it comes on DVD
mjohnson
There are a lot of people in China like these films harry potter, and I am one of them.I will watch it when it is play in our city.
imera
Since my now ex best friend (still friends) introduced me for the books I became hooked, and that were four years ago Razz wow, time really fly away.

I have things I think is good and bad with bot the books and movies, but I think it's okay enough, love the action and exitement, both the bad and good things. Can't wait to see the fifth movie, the book is my favourite so far (darkest) Can't wait till the new book comes out either, then I will be waiting to see the last movie Razz
Chelissamow
Ooh I can't wait for that movie to come out. I wonder if any trailers are out already...
imera
Chelissamow wrote:
Ooh I can't wait for that movie to come out. I wonder if any trailers are out already...

For the fith one? It has been out for a long time.
tkGER
I hope it doesn't disappoint me like the previous one... the book has a lot of potencial and they could do something really cool, wonder if they do it... even the fourth was made like a kids' film and i didn't like that. I mean, it's WB, not Disney. The audience grew up with the boy, as the readers did, so it ought to be less childly I say...
GProject
Well I thought that this fifth movie was pretty good - best performances of the series so far, and maintaining the dark theme brought in by Goblet of Fire. The main problem it has is that so little really happens, over the 138 minute running time. If you look at the position the characters are in at the start of the movie, and at the end, very little has changed.

I certainly prefer these later installments to the earlier ones. The first two movies seem so childish and inconsequential now.
Alowyn
I saw it on monday with my bf, really good movie, alot more darker and scarier then the others though Shocked
Obake
GProject wrote:
If you look at the position the characters are in at the start of the movie, and at the end, very little has changed.

That was a factor in the book, though. JK sometimes seems to struggle between maintaining the overall arc of the series and keeping each book relatively self-contained: Order of the Phoenix, as I recall, was so self-contained that it pretty much didn't matter anymore by the third chapter of Halfblood Prince. >>;
dzign
I do love Harry Potter, more over the fifth one. Luckily, I had a chance to watch it in the cinema. Probably I was expecting too much, but I want to see more different types of spells and some sort of RPG type movie (Level Up) even though it implicitly said about level up as harry learned new spell. Overall, I like harry Potter - can't wait to see the next movie
pdra05
I thought that the movie was a little too short.. And a lot of the important scenes have been cut.. But if they were shoot every single scene from the book the movie would probably last over 6 hours.. Laughing
Bockman
There is already a topic about that movie.

http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-76283.html

-close-