FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Natural Image galleries

imagefree
Hi Friends!!!
Since i have joined the FriHosting Service and Forums, i worked hard to make my first website. And now i am able to launch it at its full.

the site is at

www.imagefree.frih.net

please give me remarks about my site and service.

Thanks in advance Razz Razz Razz
Sphaerenkern
Woah! The style is quite simple and I dislike the yellow picture boxes, but the photos are nice Smile
imagefree
SO what should be the color instead of yellow? (give Hexadecimal code if you can)
sambhav
Hey ! I think you have copied the images from my site http://exquisitegallery.uni.cc.

Just a thought. I dont have any copyrights so enjoy.
imagefree
sambhav wrote:
Hey ! I think you have copied the images from my site http://exquisitegallery.uni.cc.

Just a thought. I dont have any copyrights so enjoy.

No friend i have not copied any image at all from your site.

Any ways, i made this topic to comment on my site and about the ads.

Thanks
salman_500
the design is very simple indeed.... you barely used 3-4 colors.....

by the way i see that your main aim is to show off pictures and stuff... but the navigation menu is full of....everything with only 1 link to galaries...

well you know you can really make it good and stuff... and make it completely devoted to pictures...

well still its a good start.... good luck in the future !
imagefree
Sphaerenkern wrote:
Woah! The style is quite simple and I dislike the yellow picture boxes, but the photos are nice Smile

you said that yellow boxes are not good.

Have a look again
http://www.imagefree.frih.net/wallpaper2_1600x1200/index.htm
imagefree
salman_500 wrote:
the design is very simple indeed.... you barely used 3-4 colors.....

by the way i see that your main aim is to show off pictures and stuff... but the navigation menu is full of....everything with only 1 link to galaries...

well you know you can really make it good and stuff... and make it completely devoted to pictures...

well still its a good start.... good luck in the future !

HI friend!!!! First of all thanks for your nice suggestion.
Yes i also felt it so i change the look again (not actually the look but the contents appearance) so i have devoted my site more to images and removed 2 tabs from nevigation bar.

Check again and reply here in this thread.
pashmina
hey you cannot put 3 linked unit ads of google in one page. its against the TOS of google. you can place max of 1 linked unit ads, 3 ads unit and upto 2 referral product on one page.
imagefree
But google Doesnt , be defalt, allow placing more than 3 Link Units and more than (i think) 2 Ads units!!!!!!!!! m i rite???
(I think there is no logic to keep the by defalt limit higher than the allowed limit)

Can you explain which referal products you mean?? Google (Adsense, Firefox with google toolbar, Picasa, Adsense) or from others (like Linkshare, CJ)

Please provide me some details.

Thanks
pashmina
Quote:
Ad Placement

AdSense offers a number of ad formats and advertising products. Publishers are encouraged to experiment with a variety of placements, provided the following policies are respected:

* Up to three ad units may be displayed on each page.
* A maximum of two Google AdSense for search boxes may be placed on a page.
* A single link unit may also be placed on each page.
* Up to two referral units from each referral product or offering may be displayed on a page, in addition to the ad units, search boxes, and link units specified above.
* AdSense for search results pages may show only a single ad link unit in addition to the ads Google serves with the search results. No other ads may be displayed on your search results page.
* No Google ad or Google search box may be displayed in a pop-up, pop-under, or in an email.
* Elements on a page must not obscure any portion of the ads.
* No Google ad may be placed on any non-content-based pages.
* No Google ad may be placed on pages published specifically for the purpose of showing ads, whether or not the page content is relevant.

according to google's program policy at https://www.google.com/adsense/support/bin/answer.py?answer=48182&sourceid=aso&subid=ww-ww-et-asui&medium=link&hl=en_US
{name here}
One thing you shouldn't do is advertise a browser on your page. I prefer a small colour scheme - many sites use a small colour scheme including wikipedia, so don't spend time on adding color if you don't need to. It's content that matters more than the presentation of it. However, you might want to consider moving to a div-based design, because it will be easier to manage, among various other reasons. You don't really have anything on your site that warrants you must use tables for most of the design - you have a horizontal menu and such.
WallBase
Watch the wallpapers, DONT/NEVER use other walls, who is on other webs!!!

it can be BIG payment for you if they find out!!!! or if u have permission to use them its ok!!!...

but nice site !!! Wink Wink
imagefree
I have used just few colors Confused
Black, Grey, Pink, red and blue.

Blue is the defalt color of hyperlinks, red is to prominent something.
Pink is the header row of each table and black is defalt color of all the text.
I have no idea how to more somplify the site colors. Can u tell me?
theem
yeah i downloaded some pics from ur gallery ...

kool work man...
but why oxado ads ?
imagefree
Quote:
yeah i downloaded some pics from ur gallery ...

kool work man...
but why oxado ads ?

actually this is my first work! i am still learning and also i am trying different companies like CJ, Google, Oxado, Linkshare, and few more.

You all might be thinking that i am a greedy one because i have placed a lot of ads on just one page, but its not the case. I dont care money at this time, but i m getting experience with as more companies as i can. Then i will start working on a site that i actually want (after learning PHP MySQL).
You will see that in my next update i will remove almost 40% of current ads.

Friends you will experience a lot of non professional work on y site. Yes there is, because i have not yet used any template or ready made images graphics etc.

One more thing that i have a very huge collection 4 times more than currently available on my site but i cant share it with you because i have already used 249.+ MB disk space and also the Bandwidth is limited.

Thanks
WallBase
mhm make an account on http://www.xdrive.com

5 GB Free storage
imagefree
thanks Applause

God bless you.
Hobbit
You can't use Oxado and Google on the same page. You can't use any other contextual ad with Google at the same time. Remove it as soon as possible before they catch you.

Nice pictures, did you take them?
WallBase
Or use Fileden.com.. its 1 GB but u have have many wallpapers in 1 GB
insolent1
So good pictures but these couldnt be clicked and these are small pictures.
imagefree
insolent1 wrote:
So good pictures but these couldnt be clicked and these are small pictures.

No! you cant click on the pictures because these are just the thumbnails.
In the www.imagefree.frih.net/galleries.html page, there is jusst a list of galleries, select the gallery by clicking the title pink bar name and goto the gallery itself. THere you will find a lot of HIGH RESOLUTION images, click and image will open in new page.
unmixable
Wow, loads of images! In my own opinion maybe make everything centered? It'd look alot more intact if it was. But other than that, good work!
imagefree
WallBase wrote:
mhm make an account on http://www.xdrive.com

5 GB Free storage

Its not working. Almost useless Confused
einstein
well, first of all, use a border for each image...it makes the wallpaper more presentable...

also, change the link colour to green. you have alink as green, but use link as green. alink can be any other colour...

but the pictures, i must say, are really fantastic... Very Happy

overall, i would rate your site as 6/10

try to improve...there is always room... Wink

------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://science-core.info/
imagefree
Guys look again to my site, here is a totally changed structured.

http://www.imagefree.frih.net/

I think now i have to do nothing more, what do you all say.
demonpt
Nice man but try to get or make a soft background image or a banner on the top
benjad
The site's layout is simple, and all the "make money now" items around it is disturbing, but that is the way things are today.

One thing I will say is, the images you have on your site are not free. Just because there is no visible copyright mark does not mean an image is not copyright. It is only released to the public domain when you release it (if it is your original work). If you want to release these so that others may do so, you should put that information in the image files.

For more information, visit the Creative Commons. http://creativecommons.org/
imagefree
benjad wrote:
The site's layout is simple, and all the "make money now" items around it is disturbing, but that is the way things are today.

One thing I will say is, the images you have on your site are not free. Just because there is no visible copyright mark does not mean an image is not copyright. It is only released to the public domain when you release it (if it is your original work). If you want to release these so that others may do so, you should put that information in the image files.

For more information, visit the Creative Commons. http://creativecommons.org/

Yes i know both of the points. I am using such keywords because i was working on keywords ( its part of my personal research about working of Adsense, and i succeded), and i will remove such keywords after my exam (on 7 march or onwards). So far as the images are concerned, i will replace them too and i am aware of the copyright issue. If i get the time of 10-20 days, i will make all the things right.

Thank for your suggestions guys.

Yes site layout is really simple because i can work with beautifully designed css/image based sites but it was my first project with php and i wanted to keep it as simple at possible.
If you can give your remarks about my programming (php) work, i will really appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks again.
irishmark
Bad design overly dominated by Google ads which makes it loose all credibility.
phpc0d3r
irishmark wrote:
Bad design overly dominated by Google ads which makes it loose all credibility.

My sentiments exactly.

You should get rid of or move all of your google ads.
The photos are nice, but their very usefull.
Great as a background for your desktop at most.
nivinjoy
The site looks so simple...But its contents are outstanding ones....Especially i liked the paper art section the most.... Laughing Cool Laughing