FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Apache and PHP configuration

marixworld
i got some problem with my apache installation, the thing is that, after installing both apache web server and php, all my php scripts are displayed in the browser, but once i restart the computer, it no longer displays. i really dont know what is wrong with the setup. i tried the same process three times but it didn't work. Need help please.....
ammonkc
do you use the old style php tags ?
Code:
<? ... ?>

or the new style?
Code:
<?php ... ?>

if you are using the first one, then the problem might be that you have to turn that on in your php.ini file or change the way you are writing these tags.

But before that you should check to make sure that you have added the php module to the apache configuration file (/etc/httpd.conf). just because you've installed php, it doesn't necessarily mean that apache knows that it is there.

It could really be any number of things. but my first guess would be one of the above two. But you would really need to leave more information about your setup before anyone could pinpoint what that problem is. for example, what OS are you running, Linux/Mac/Windows, what version of apache and php are you running.
tmorrell1
how do you test to see if ifs loaded properly?
freelanceCMS
My Anti-Virus software use to block mine. What Anti-Virus are you running and does it have program permissions
BlueVD
Windows or Linux/Unix?
What versions are you trying to run? Is it a compiled install? (apache triad, etc).
We need more details in order to get your problem solved.