FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Windows Vista Home Premium 32-Bit

whitedragon551
I just bought a brand new HP Pavilion DV6000 laptop with Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit OS on it. If I install a few programs at one time it usually ends in the computer crashing with a memory management screen. Ive heard that sometimes it can be caused by a bug in Vista or that I can actually have a faulty RAM. Does anyone have any ideas on this?
aningbo
may be a little info on your system would be gr8. wats ur RAM capacity?

best would be to take it to the store again since u have the necessary licence and papers. sorry not much of help from my side.
yjwong
Are you talking about a Blue Screen Of Death? This might be caused by a hardware problem. Identifying the faulty driver is the first step to solving these kind of problems.
daviosoftware
I have some problems with vista also. Finaly i found out that the network adapter was broken. I change-it and it works fine.
mystzero
Maybe you should try doing a memory diagnostic test.

1. Go to "Start" and type in mdsched at the search box. Press <Enter>.
  2. When UAC prompts, click "Continue".
  3. Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool will launch. Select "Restart now and check for problems (Recommended)".
OS Master
Don't install your programs at one time. Install one after the other, and restart in between. Try doing Memory Diagnostic Tests. You can follow mystzero's suggestion as well as getting other free memory diagnostic programs.
asianwannabe999
This brings up a question I wanted to ask. In xp, you could not use the windows installation wizard in more than one instance at a time and even popped up a message that said you need to complete one installation in order to start another. Is this the same case with vista? Or have they added a queueing system or simultaneous installation or some sort?