FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Annoying Habits!

Zombie
Do you have any annoying habits?
Or do you know someone who does?
Describe those irritating habits here.
Vrythramax
To be honest, if I do have any annoying habits I certainly wouldn't admit them here. Smile

One habit that does annoy me to no end is when people put off things until the last moment and then complain that nothing seems to work out for them.

Gets me mad everytime.
KHO
See, I always put things off till the last minute. But they always come together perfectly for me =] Ya, it's cause I'm awesome btw Cool
lethaltriad
Don't really think I have any annoying habits.. I always put off stuff till last minute though but thats not annoying cuz I work better under pressure =). Biting nails though and always having to clear my throat can get annoying as well as cracking my knuckles.
Tatsumaru
Cracking my joints seems to annoy people very much. Not only my fingers and knuckles, I also crack my back, neck and wrists. Sometimes my knee or elbows pops haha.

Oh, and when I am nervous (like, standing in front of a class) I tend to hyperextend my elbow in a very paranoid way. People don't really notice, but people that know me well do haha Laughing

Other then that, I also put off stuff till the last minute.
Utsav
Sometimes, when in shopping mall or something, some people break lines and get in the lines, just in front of me. But, I don't like fighting, so I don't say anything to them.

Just this thing, till now Wink
Hogwarts
I put things off until the last minute.. However, I am severely trying to stop that.

Things generally seem to work out for me, though. E.g. I got a maths assignment back today - Of which I did the morning it was due (Before school) - and I ended up getting full marks for it. Some things are just too easy that I can't be stuffed doing them Sad

I just keep pushing them back and back until there's practically no time left to do them... Any suggestions? Sad
ncwdavid
People eating with their mouth open just drives me crazy. I think its definatly one of the most annoying things when you are sitting next to someone that is eating with their mouth open and making loads of noise. Id love to just hit that personin the face and tell them to shup up!
Davidgr1200
One thing that annoys me immensely is when waiting on the station for a train the platform is full of people, most of whom are non-smokers. There are perhaps just four or five smokers but they place themselves strategically about 10-15 metres apart and manage to make the whole station smell of smoke. I can't understand why they won't stand near each other, or perhaps they have the same aversion to other people's smoke that I (and most non-smokers) do?
Daire
ncwdavid wrote:
People eating with their mouth open just drives me crazy. I think its definatly one of the most annoying things when you are sitting next to someone that is eating with their mouth open and making loads of noise. Id love to just hit that personin the face and tell them to shup up!

Drives me insane that does!

But in my family, they all eat with their mouths closed, but still make a crap load of noise! Evil or Very Mad

I'd say picking my nose is my most annoying habit, but I only do that when I'm on my own.
j_f_k
The following habits really annoy the hell out of me

Loud snoring (although I don't know if that can be classed as a habit)

people talking to you while talking on their mobile phones trying to have 2 conversations at once

people on the street deliberately walking across your path as you're walking

repeating the same thing over and over and over .... and over ...
woodenbrick
I don't know if would be considered a habit as such, but people who insist on driving with their windows down and music blaring really annoys me.

As for my own bad habits, at the moment I have hayfever and am sniffing and sneezing a lot - driving my girlfriend crazy! Twisted Evil
ashish2005
I am not sure whether I have very annoying habits or not. Only the people who find it annoying knows. But I think that the most annoying habit of mine is to tease people a lot until they are totally mad at me.

Some of my friends got annoying habits. Like one of them who always keeps on talking and never stops. He cannot stop talking at all and it is because of him our class is noisy at all times and teachers hate to even enter our class.
Loghete
I have this habit, if I've got something of more importance than a tissue in one of my pockets, like my mobile or my iPod, I keep checking it it's there all the time. All the time.
a.Bird
Yeah I can't stand when people eat like it's their last meal, breathing heavily and cramming as much food in their mouths per second as possible. Personally, I think food should be savored. I have many of my own bad habits, like the nail biting, procrastination, mood swings, etc. No one's perfect.
[FuN]goku
people who cut people off when they are trying to talk
Vrythramax
I do have one bad habit (I don't know if it would be considered annoying), but I spend far to much on my car...somehined even my monthly bill get out aside Smile
Helios
Tatsumaru wrote:
Cracking my joints seems to annoy people very much. Not only my fingers and knuckles, I also crack my back, neck and wrists.

Hehe, same here. I'm cracking fingers right now lol!
I sometimes talk alot too. Mostly on internet chats (i.e frihsot channel, msn)... However, in real life I'm rather silent (the strong silent type, if you wish Razz ).
Hunterseaker
I crack my fingers to, not may people like the sound of it.....
I also tap on the table with my fingers very often, or I play and throw with a pen. disassemble a pen, put it back together, disassemble it again. I can spend many hours with my annoying habits.
justnewbie
Guess I won't list out my bad habits here, hehe. Anyway, some of those bad habits of other people that annoys me are;

Picking their nose
Snoring
Biting fingernails
Clicking ball pen sounds
Constantly touching spectacles when chatting
Drinking soup with huge noise
Relaxing sighs in toilets
mstreet
Well I use to bite my nails and smoke but I've cut both those habits out. My real bad habit is procastination. I also have the habit of putting my foot in my mouth saying the wrong things at the wrong time and not thinking it through.
My husband has a bad habit of snoring. I can't stand it and I end up on the couch sometimes because of it. I'm not even sure though if that's a real habit or not.
BugBear
Hah! looks like the most popular bad habit is procrastination. I manage to get things done but i do wish i'd stop procrastinating. It also annoys me when people crack their nuckles or back or neck or (anything else that guy posted above Smile).
karysky
I always bite my nails, and I hate it, because I think long nails are so beautiful for a girl.

I also do everything at the last minute.. sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Other than that I eat my nose buggies.

That's just a joke.
R2.DETARD
My Girlfriend is loud.
I don't mind (or maybe I just don't notice anymore)
but it annoys other people sometimes...
noobcola
An annoying habit that I have would be:

1. Always put things off last minute

2. I get really pissed if I lose

3. I forget some really important things to do
Aless
When people drive with cell phones.

Not just annoying, but very hazardous!!!
Jaan
An annoying habit on forums is to start chain topics... Rolling Eyes
Post whoring is also annoying.
jabronie25
Well whenever i drink milk, i always leave about an inch of milk left in the glass

I want to stop it, but i cant lol
Nameless
One habit I have that's probably bad on the basis it annoys everybody else is making obscure references in everyday conversation to things that the person I'm talking to has probably never heard of it - For example, using internet memes in real life.

(Them: How many mints are there in that packet anyway?
Me: It looks there might be over nine thousand.
Them: Uh, what?)
theem
yep i've got one....
and i hate my self for doing that .. i bite my nails ...
i have tried to control it but !!! Crying or Very sad

Very Happy
mjohnson
Longly is an annoying habit of mine,I think so.and for wasting time I must smoking,I know smoking is harmful to the health,but sometimes I like it.
missdixy
I do this thing with my nail and my teeth and then I like, rub it by my lip...I don't know. It's weird, you'd have to see it. People have said it's cute but i hate it
RShea87
mjohnson wrote:
Longly is an annoying habit of mine,I think so.and for wasting time I must smoking,I know smoking is harmful to the health,but sometimes I like it.

That is one of my annoying habits, especially when I am not comfortable with my surroundings or just uptight about something.
kevin briggs
annoying habbits i have would be farting and burping.
i just seem to be full of wind,all the time even if i have'nt eaten or drunk anything in hours,i just seem to be one of those people who could fart and burp at will.
what a lovelly post at lunch time when everyone is eaten.
krazy
quite a bad habit for me is biting my nails...
sometimes i bite them and they go down so far it really hurts my finger.
i try stop doing it, i have done it for ever such a long time it sometimes gets hard to stop
sometimes i don't know i am doing it, just nibbling away at my nails hehe
PatTheGreat42
I absolutely hate it when people laugh at their own jokes. My theory is that if you tell a joke, it will either be funny or not funny. If it's not funny, and you don't laugh, you don't seem like too much of a fool. If it is funny, and you don't laugh, you can seem aloof and cool and calm about the situation.

Point is, don't laugh at your own jokes. If you do, and no one else is, you're just that weird annoying guy. And that's weird and annoying.
Jack_Hammer
As I am learning to drive, I get a little nervous and when I do an action (Change gear, indicate etc, I stroke my chin). I also click my knucles which quite a lot of people find very annoying, but I don't realise I am doing it.
Vrythramax
missdixy wrote:
I do this thing with my nail and my teeth and then I like, rub it by my lip...I don't know. It's weird, you'd have to see it. People have said it's cute but i hate it

Now I know I love you! Very Happy
SpellcasterDX
Well, I used to bite my nails, and I sort of still do, but not as much. I'm really trying to stop. I know it's bad for my teeth (and nails) but it's just an annoying habit of mine I've had for a while. But I'm slowly getting rid of it.

As for annoying habits other people have, I hate it when people chew with their mouth open making all this noise and you can see the food, and it can also start falling out and onto the table. That's disgusting.

Another annoying habit is when people talk on their cell phones when driving or (for women) put on make-up while driving. That's not only irritating, but also dangerous. Not to mention they go a lot slower than the speed limit and just back up traffic and they're distracted and anything could go wrong.
antmillz
when ever some talks to me i touch my face .

realy aynoying now
ReubenWilliams
pregnant mother smoking. Mothers pushing prams smoking! We know exactly how bad it is so why do it? Why damage your children before they are even beggining to develop, as though life was not hard.

People who think that if they say things are brilliant it will make it true.

My own jealousy and insecurities annoy me no end. I try not to tell a lot of people about them as I simply want to overcome them and enjoy my life and I believe that the more credit you give them the bigger they become but when I can't help but feel inferior to somebody for no good reason, I get very cross with myself.
shwetanshu
always put things for the last minute

bite my nails

i alwayz think negative for myself... whereas for others i pursuade them to hink positivie for themselves!!
windrei
i can't think of any now... i think i do not have any....

actually what are strange or annoying habits ? any examples ???
Zombie
windrei wrote:
i can't think of any now... i think i do not have any....

LOL, if you can't think of any habits, then you don't have any habits, and that's a bad habit.

windrei wrote:
actually what are strange or annoying habits ? any examples ???

Examples.... Shocked.... Look up there!
secondeye
Well once i made five to six pranks call to my neighbor, i Play a whole game On phone , I that was really big fun when i told them that it the caller was me LOlz Laughing
Seiorai
Hmm...that'd be my little cousin always nagging me to play with him when he's at my place xP

Oh well, for myself, kinda of a procrastinator lol.
babumuchhala
I wont comment on other peoples habits and stuff, but I will surely tell my flaws, and they are
  1. I have a very laid back and carefree attitude towards life.
  2. I am very careless

Those are the two things I have heard all 20 years of my life from everyone and I don't know if I will ever get over them Razz
KatanaSky
Something that my friends had pointed out to me is... I tend to say "OK" when my friends tell me something even though I don't follow what they're saying all the time. Like... they'll be talking to me and I'd be distracted but I'd go ahead and say ok, they the would ask "Did you even get what I said?" and I'd say no and laugh.

oh yeah, and I let me room become unbearable before making any effort to cleaning it up. That to me is very annoying - but it's a habit I can't seem to break! Sad
Kaisonic
I pick the skin off of my fingers habitually, and they've become like little shells that shed from time to time - especially when I'm cold, they get really hard, and eventually they flake and pick off. I can't tell if it's a nervous habit or if I actually enjoy doing it, but I do know that I can't stop once I start.
Tatsumaru
Cracking my knuckles, fingers, back and neck. Also, I have this annoying habbit of locking my elbow out for no apperent reason: I do it way too often and I don't know why. It happens when I'm nervous most of the time.

Hm, then what other people might find annoying: I drink a lot of water, and I'm almost constantly thirsty for it. I always need a bottle of water near me. I also have to pee all the damn time! Cleansing the system ftw!

Haha Laughing
Nameless
Another annoying habit a brother of mine has recently adopted: Whenever he sneezes, he follows it up by quickly shaking his head from side to side (yes, pretty much like a dog) and making an extremely annoying noise of his cheeks slapping against his teeth, or something like that. Seriously, WTF. It's extraordinarily slap-worthy.
Zug Zug
ncwdavid wrote:

Well there's that and when people smack when they eat, just drives me freaking nuts.

Oh and when people talk on their cell phones while driving, eating while driving, drinking while driving.

When people can't control their kids inside a store or a restaurant.

When my little sister does stuff for attention-she's 18 and still has random outbursts of singing/ dancing and other immature things that just gets on my nerves.

When the hubby leaves the toilet seat up and my two year old sits down and gets stuck.

When other peoples pets piss/crap in my yard.

Little yippy yapper dogs-they're just annoying.

Snooty people-I mean c'mon it's not like you're better than anyone, we're all the same.

People who smoke/and or do drugs. Addiction is an excuse not a disease.

Oh speaking of smokers- when they smoke in public areas, or when they smoke while driving. go pollute your own lungs, not mine ty.

Can you tell I have a lot of things that annoy me?

The one and only thing that I do that annoys people is: My laugh. I have a horrid laugh it's loud and annoying and I'm working on it.

Oh and when pregnant women quit their jobs/don't work just because they're pregnant. (I'm currently seven months pregnant and I am still working. Pregnancy isn't an excuse!)

I can think of more things but I think I've ranted enough.

Later!
Donutey
I can't stand people that chew with their mouth open, but I almost never comment on it... as for myself I used to chew on my nails, but for some reason I stopped, not sure why.
jenice
I'm not admitting to any annoying habits.

I will say that there are a few with others that simply drive me nuts. My sister is a prime example of someone who drives me nuts. She's an anal retentive obsessive compulsive organizer. It drives me nuts. There's one thing she does that I don't think she can help but it still drives me up the wall, is that when she eats her jaw pops. She also chews with her mouth open so the popping jaw is just that much louder.

I suppose I could say my ex-husband has many habits that drive me nuts. Like, leaving a pile of dirty clothes right next to the hamper. Or not cleaning up after himself, leaving a path of destruction behind him as he goes through my freshly cleaned house, only to stop and comment about how dirty the house is...

Generally speaking, people who don't really listen to you. They ask how you're doing, offer to help with problems, and then just end up telling you how horrible their life is as a means of offering advice. Gum chewers and poppers don't really bother me much, unless they're doing it incessantly. If they just keep on doing it for way too long and you just start to get the feeling they're doing it just to annoy you and you just want to bop them over the head because they won't quit.

...yeah. I'll quit while I'm ahead.
The_Gamer294
I can't seem to post on frihost...

<< take not of the points (-106 at time of post)
Sad
jenice
It must have been down for a few. When I tried to link to a post to reply, it just didn't show up at all.
BvG_Loyalty
Well, my aunt likes to burp ... even around people ... Takes me off my mood to eat stuff ...

And I'm quite a cleanliness freak, it is kinda rude for me to say 'no' to someone who gives me, for example ... a piece of plate or spoon ... only to get one myself later after goes ... I'm just paranoid about diseases and what not ...
guissmo
My habit is getting annoyed at someone who gives me a slightly harder time.
erlendhg
ncwdavid wrote:

Yeah, that's true.
So disgusting ;/

My parents also have an annoying habit.
While they are taking in their mobile phone, none of them are able to talk calm and quietly.
They seem to think that the person in the other end can't hear them, unless they scream everything out loudly Razz

And I really get angry (inside) when I notice people not picking up after their dogs, but pretending they didn't see that the dog did it's stuff ;(
biljap
Sometime I put things off until the last minute and then I hardly have time to sleep. Most of the times I manage to finish the work somehow but I know it’s not good for me and I’m trying to stop it.
LeatherRose
i have this thing where i twich my nose like a bunny..i don't mean it or realize it when i do it. but it drives my fiance insane.

but he has a gross habbit. he likes to smell things..like if he has little eye booger stuff he will pick it off and sniff it...
it is icky...but he is a man what can i say.
i love him anyways Very Happy Wink
Zombie
That nose twitching thing sounds sexy...
But anyways, I don't think I ever posted my annoying habits, I just asked other people about theirs. Okay, here goes...

1.) I play Runescape way too much
2.) I fantasize about leatherose twitching her nose 24/7
3.) I like to think I'm a good FPS gamer
4.) I'm at a loss to recognize my habits
LeatherRose
Zombie wrote:
That nose twitching thing sounds sexy...
But anyways, I don't think I ever posted my annoying habits, I just asked other people about theirs. Okay, here goes...

1.) I play Runescape way too much
2.) I fantasize about leatherose twitching her nose 24/7
3.) I like to think I'm a good FPS gamer
4.) I'm at a loss to recognize my habits

haha i feel complimented yet...weird. Razz

but as for #4..i think it is why they are habits..we are so used to doing them..that we don't realize that we are..

Edit->ADD:: (this post made me a juniour frihoster YAY!!)
Zombie
Lol, then my post served its pupose.

Jk, seriously though, I didn't mean to make you feel weird. Was it something i said? =P
Btw, twitching your nose like a bunny totally owns. Keep it up, I think far too few girls actually do it these days.

Grats on the Junior Poster sheild thingy!

Edit->ADD::

(\ (\
( τ_τ)
( (.....)

Edit-->ADD::Im not a guy who goes around posting bunnies on threads. That's not how I roll.... It just seemed appropriate in this situation.
8ballcrazy
KHO wrote:
See, I always put things off till the last minute. But they always come together perfectly for me =] Ya, it's cause I'm awesome btw Cool

thats called procrastination btw
taytay
j_f_k wrote:
people on the street deliberately walking across your path as you're walking

Oh my goodness I hate this! Like when the punks in the mall don't move because They Own that path or something and want to see you dance out of their way then give that smug grin like they're saying rude things in their head about how ridiculous you look. No sir. That's when I get kicked out of the mall for shoving people... It bugs me... just a lil'... No worries though... They'll get over it! Wink
phillyfan
I snap my fingers alot and thats anoying..although its not the regular snap (cant reeely describe it)
furtasacra
My worst habit:

I smoke. It's disgusting. It's bad for me. I hate it. I was a complete basket case when I tried to quit.

Habits I dislike in other people:

soup slurping
men leaving the toilet seat up
leaving dirty dishes in the sink for somebody else to wash
Zombie
Heh, I think slurping is also one of my habits... And I think I got it from my sister, the queen of slurp. She also snores, but I evaded the genes for that.... Err it's not considered a habit if its genetic?
Guelila
Zombie wrote:
Do you have any annoying habits?
Or do you know someone who does?
Describe those irritating habits here.

I have this habit of saying " You just got OWNED!!" after almost everything.
I mean, when someone trips over something, I say haha u just got owned!
it works in most every situations Very Happy
Zombie
Hahaha, I do the same thing. I never thought of it as a bad habit though, maybe a funny one. Anyway, I usually say the name of the object that tripped/hit the person, ( eg. You got owned by the corner of that cabinet.) I also just use the term "ownage" interchangably.
however, it does get old Crying or Very sad
skygaia
Well... I'm not sure it's a kind of what you mentioned. I don't like that people speak loudly. if someone spoke loudly during talking with me, my face would have changed...
cpebatch2007_CIT
sleep after eating.. Laughing
Seiorai
Hahaha, well, don't we all Razz

First of all, guess procrastination is the worst lol, and failure to schedule or follow a set schedule would be mine ^^
tony
i have no annoying habits that i can think of at the moment.

oh wait - i have this annoying habit that someone will ask about annoying habits on a forum - hahaha!

just kidding; its a nice topic for us Smile
PIbrothers
My worst has to be biting my nails, I haven't actually used a nail clipper on them in forever!
Zombie
tony wrote:
oh wait - i have this annoying habit that someone will ask about annoying habits on a forum - hahaha!

Gee thanks, do you have a habit of sticking it to the thread starter? Or do you just fancy me?

tony wrote:
just kidding; its a nice topic for us Very Happy

Jkz, always open for complments, ty Razz
apple
I roll my eyes....ALllllllllllllll the time Rolling Eyes
LeatherRose
i hate two things
tony wrote:
i have no annoying habits that i can think of at the moment.

when people post in topic subjects and say that they have no comment on it
tony wrote:

and two, when people can't type in complete sentances.

Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz
Chelissamow
I find it annoying when people are late to class / work. There's this girl in my class who is basically late for 10+ minutes every single day. It drives me nuts. >_>

I also find it annoying when people don't hold open the door for you when you're RIGHT behind them. It's common courtesy!
apple
Also annoying to me is when I'm asleep and someone is sneaking about in my room (for whatever reason) and they are making a lotta noise!! ARGH!!!!
raine dragon
when people pick at their feet and leave foot-bits on the furniture >.<;

Also, when people ruin my kitchen supplies. I live in a dorm suite, so I share a kitchen with 3 other girls. one girl and her boyfriend keep burning out the insides of my pots (AKA, they catch the food on FIRE and let it burn) and melting my utensils. They have ruined 3 pots so far, and it has only been 1 month.
WebKitten
Vrythramax wrote:
To be honest, if I do have any annoying habits I certainly wouldn't admit them here. Smile

One habit that does annoy me to no end is when people put off things until the last moment and then complain that nothing seems to work out for them.

Gets me mad everytime.

sometimes I do this. putting things off until the last minute.
Honestly, it gets me mad also, but so far can't help being afraid of failing lol.
Actually I am not sure of a reason, but sure would appreciate if you could tell me how is it that YOU do NOT do it?
Insanity
I snore a lot. I'm not sure if this counts as a habit, since I'm not actually conscious when I do it. It still annoys the hell out of my roommate though. Poor guy.