FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

New Folder from nowhere

sonam
Hi,
I have one strange problem. Every day on my Desktop is comming up one empty new folder. Shocked
I dont't know what is going wrong. I am delete this folder (many times) and shut down Win but next day he is comming back from nowhere.

Any sugestion is welcome.
Sonam
jackill
Maybe it's some kind of a virus or worm? See description of one of those: http://antivirus.about.com/od/virusdescriptions/a/rontokbro.htm

Scan your computer to be sure.
mystzero
It might or might not be rontokbro.

Anyway, do the following:

Download Deckard's System Scanner (DSS) to your Desktop. Note: You must be logged onto an account with administrator privileges.

1. Close all applications and windows.
  2. Double-click on dss.exe to run it, and follow the prompts.
  3. When the scan is complete, two text files will open - main.txt <- this one will be maximized and extra.txt <-this one will be minimized
  4. Copy (Ctrl+A then Ctrl+C) and paste (Ctrl+V) the contents of main.txt here
  5. Please upload extra.txt and post the url here.

What DSS will do:

• create a new System Restore point in Windows XP and Vista.
  • clean your Temporary Files, Downloaded Program Files, and Internet Cache Files, and also empty the Recycle Bin on all drives.
  • check some important areas of your system and produce a report for your analyst to review. DSS automatically runs HijackThis for you, but it will also install and place a shortcut to HijackThis on your desktop if you do not already have HijackThis installed.
aningbo
mystzero seems to know what he's doing. try his tutorial first.

if nothing works out, its time u get yourself windows defender and check on your start up programs.

or go to start\run and type "msconfig" and disable all the "startup" (from startup tab) programs and select only the ones you are sure of. make sure u disable all the non-microsoft "services" (from services tab) too.

have fun.
sonam
Thanks to all sugestion. I find where is problem. It is not virus. Day before I am instaling one program for testing. When I chose unistall it is not delete one folder where is few JS and other files. I am instal this program from "New folder" and some file is always looking for "New folder" from where are instaled, and becase folder not exist it is create new one. Strange. Confused

But now is everything OK. Very Happy

Sonam