FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

anybody using dsl?

pretentious
i recently installed to hd (not frugal) damnsmalllinux (couldn't get the frugal install to finsih, kept messing up, even from the boot option text installer. so i made my partitions and installed the way they tell you it'll be harder to update things. and well, i thought they were talking about major updates. and while it's nice that i can run on os that's so fast even on an ancient compaq presario 1610, i wanted to use it as a base and build it up a little. i did the gnu-utils thing.. enabled apt-get and updated a few things. commented out the flux that came with it and put icewm, but i didn't like that very much. there's just not a lot it will do but run fast.

i haven't given it a whole lot of time i know, but i've spent so much time on irc and goolge and the dsl forums and wiki looking for support and i'm just not getting what i was looking for... like adding/removing the desktop icons... creating some of my own... and maybe i just didn't read deep enough, but i was worried of breaking it buy changing any of the repositories to get what i wanted..

oh and no matter how hard i try, comletely delete and start over, i can't get adobe flash player to install correctly... so no youtube or adult swim. i guess other than that, it's nice... and fast... and it never really crashed on me... so... yeah anybody else going with damnsmalllinux?