FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Battlefield 2/BF2142

Jaan
I'm starting to get into it again, so does anyone want to play a few matches?

My user is Professional_Hippo... I'm in Sydney so if you're in Aus track me down from 4pm-10pm...

Oh yeah I've also got bf2142 forgot my user though so post your location and maybe we can have a few rounds.

Any of you guys play?
Vinas
Mmm, I play. BF2142 more than BF2.
VinasErgoth on both of them.
I'm in the UK though, so chances are we've a 9 hour time difference. Probably won't be shooting each other anytime soon. XD
Sergiy
I play only BF2 because BF2142 is bad Razz
Vinas
Sergiy wrote:

I demand a valid reason why BF2142 is bad. It uses the exact engine that BF2 does and is very similar in game play (aside from the added Titan mode), the only real difference being the technological advancements the "future warzone" brings. BF2 gameplay is too close to actual events to keep me playing.
Osmodius
Sergiy wrote:

This man speaks the truth.

Titan mode is fun, but overall BF2142 felt rushed, and not just because it had tons of bugs like BF2. BF2 was a good game, 2142 needed to improve upon its gameplay, which it didn't.

I'm not sure 2142 is a bad game, it IS fun, for a while at least--but BF2 is just better.
Jaan
Yeah I agree - but maybe it's because I'm worse at BF2142? I don't really think so. BF2142 online is in my opinion alot more levelled/even so alot harder as well.

Both are fun/bf2142 wins the graphics game, but it's also harder.
Ducksteina
I like Battlefield 2 more than Battlefield 2142.
The whole gameplay in Battlefield 2142 seems slower, easier and made for noobs in general. For example, compare the "choppers". In BF2, it's quiet hard to master them and to hit with their primary missles. In BF2142, you can't really crash them and the primary missles auto-lock-on enemy targets.

-> no thanks! Battlefield 2 is the more challeging game...
rocrfella
i just bought bf2142. maybe we can kick some butt together. what is your addy? do you have xfire or any other kind of instant messenger?
Mathew Elric
I was going to get B2142 but I heard that it has a STEAM-ish type of function in it, considering I have quite the disliking for STEAM I moved on.
mattchun
Make sure your computer can run it at the first place!
Osmodius
Mathew Elric wrote:
I was going to get B2142 but I heard that it has a STEAM-ish type of function in it, considering I have quite the disliking for STEAM I moved on.

What kind of Steam-ish function? I'm pretty sure the server browser and other menus are functionally identical to BF2.
Jaan
My nick is Professional_Hippo...

And BF2142 aside from gameplay (all menus,etc) are pretty much identical to BF2.
Urban
I have both, I mostly play BattleField 2, not because it's better but because I want to own my .. no not my friend, a ****** on my class at bf2 Razz

My nickname on Bf2 is Xaftw

Bf2Stats page

Mathew Elric wrote:

Hmm no. There is no Steam system for EA games. But you need to register (very easy) to play because each kill is recorded on your account and make you level up.. That's all
zyferneo
This games sucks on the single player mode but rocks on the multiplayer!
I hope they release something cool out of this problem, It such a shame to see a good game such as the battlefield series to lack such an essential part of solo gaming...damn
dhdsystem
ur right this sucks at sp but at multiplayer it is a great fun, especially when ur playing wth your friends in the same fireteam,besides one minus tat it loads so slowly