FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

pc vs. mac?

Tembe
what people think about that.
I think that, couse im in music bisnes, i like mac better, but there is few, but's: Mac softwares are more expensive, but mac is more powrfull for editing when u complie with pc.
What u think??
psycosquirrel
How is Mac more powerful than PC in audio compiling? You can't even get the highest-end quad in a Mac. And compiling all comes down to your RAM and memory, unless your OS is completely bloated.

I work in IT, and I can say that Macs never work in mainstream business. If you want to be compatible with the majority (more than 90% of the population), you have to be running a compatible operating system. You can't develop software easily on a Mac that will be running on a PC. It just doesn't work that way. Business is about efficiency, and while Macs are cute, fun, and great for people who have trouble with PCs, they become no more than toys. On the other hand, PCs are highly customizable, easily upgradeable by anyone with an ounce of common sense, and have all the apps and productivity software a business could ever need to be successful.
ForceRun
We have had this discussion before, just do a search on it. The one main thing that sells me on PCs is games. Mac don't have Counter-Strike Source, I play CSS, there for I use a PC.
Animal
Wrong forum. We also have an Official Operating System Discussion Thread - please read it for more comments on the PC vs. Mac issue.

-close-