FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Criss Angel: Mindfreak?

shoes22
Has anybody seen this show on the A&E channel? Or heard of the man himself? Essentially, he's a magician/illusionist (among the likes of David Blaine), who mixes regular tricks with mind boggling illusions to dangerous stunts, a well rounded magician. His show is entering its third season, and his tricks generally cause a lot of contreversy, wondering which parts of his act are actually real, or just an illusion. What are your opinions on him?
Tembe
He is a creat illusionist but i think those are too awious what he do!
Scaramanga
shoes22 wrote:
His show is entering its third season, and his tricks generally cause a lot of contreversy, wondering which parts of his act are actually real, or just an illusion.

Well anyone with half a braincell knows that they are ALL illusions. Also, Criss Angel uses a patsy in a lot of his street tricks (as did Blaine, IIRC.)

shoes22 wrote:
What are your opinions on him?

Well he's a passable magician, certainly more entertaining than Blaine, IMNSHO. But like I mentioned above, the fact that he uses patsies in some of tricks really diminishes my appreciation of him.
clydejaw
This guy's pretty buzzy. Have any of you guys seen the illusionist?

Imagine David Blaine V.S Criss Angel... it'll be soo wicked! hehehehe
gtherockgod
Criss Angel is in a band.

Its a pretty crappy band haha

But he's one hell of an entertainer.
mac_ad
Seriously, I dont care how he does it (even though I do get slightly curious) But I sure love the value of entertainment he gives me!

My cousin is an escape artist (has escaped work for 18 years lol) and so I dont ask anymore, it makes the show worth watching, and its easier to watch without all the questions I use to have watching shows like this.

Blaine on the otherhand is too fake.. hes convincing, but it doesnt come across like blaines does.
tkGER
I don't know if it's a fake or what, but you've gotta admit the show is just great. And he has some carisma that other magicians lack. I personally prefer te "small tricks" than the stunts, because there is a "fatter chance" of it being real... sorry lad, don't believe in your psychic powers Wink
and yeah, his band is really crappy Razz
Scaramanga
tkGER wrote:
I don't know if it's a fake or what, but you've gotta admit the show is just great. And he has some carisma that other magicians lack. I personally prefer te "small tricks" than the stunts, because there is a "fatter chance" of it being real... sorry lad, don't believe in your psychic powers Wink
and yeah, his band is really crappy Razz

I'm not really sure what you're saying here. David Blaine and Criss Angel do the same kind of magic tricks: street illusions. They're not real, they're tricks. That being said, that doesn't make them any less interesting or fun to watch.