FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

warnings

oleszka
i use catalog script and before it worked ok. today i went to admin panel and saw these warnings:

Quote:
Warning: parse_ini_file() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/oleszka/domains/oblom-off.net/public_html/_shell/functions/admin_functions.php on line 119

and

Quote:
Warning: parse_ini_file() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/oleszka/domains/oblom-off.net/public_html/_shell/functions/admin_functions.php on line 148

what to do? Rolling Eyes
Hogwarts
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-73011.html#617584

Bondings wrote:
For some reason, a lot of hackers/scripts are/were targetting server 2 the last few days. And as there are a lot of vulnerable scripts, a lot of them succeeded. I have implemented some harsh mod_security rules which should prevent most common bot attacks, so most of those should be prevented. However, this doesn't fix the actual vulnerable scripts.

I think that's the cause of your problem.
oleszka
so if i can enable parse_ini_file()? may be by .htaccess?

plz Help Me!
Blaster
Hmmm what shopping cart are you using?
oleszka
Blaster wrote:
Hmmm what shopping cart are you using?

it's not shopping cart. it's just catalog of sites. my site is www.oblom-off.net

site of this script: http://www.fairground.ru/ (just in russian)
swizzy
man these errors are seriously screwing me up

Quote:
The following PHP functions (which may be necessary to run Textpattern) are disabled on your server: exec,system,passthru,shell_exec,escapeshellarg,escapeshellcmd,proc_close,proc_open,ini_alter,popen,parse_ini_file,show_source,proc_nice, proc_terminate, proc_get_status, proc_close, pfsockopen, leak, apache_child_terminate, posix_kill, posix_mkfifo, posix_setpgid, posix_setsid, posix_setuid,dl,symlink

I get these errors in the Textpattern disgnostics tab

can somebody suggest ANY remedy.. any at all.. at least for the parse_ini thingy...

I cant blog properly.. a article when processed uses the txp library file, which cannot be loaded due to this error
friuser
can any admin respond to this? dokuwiki needs this enabled so it can't run currently.
mathiaus
The following functions are currently disabled
phpinfo wrote:
exec, system, passthru, shell_exec, escapeshellarg, escapeshellcmd,proc_close,proc_open, ini_alter, popen,parse_ini_file, show_source,proc_nice, proc_terminate, proc_get_status, proc_close, pfsockopen, leak, apache_child_terminate, posix_kill, posix_mkfifo, posix_setpgid, posix_setsid, posix_setuid, dl, symlink

I obviously can't say whether Bondings will re-enable any of these for you to use your scripts though I can say that for portability you may be better choosing scripts which work off different functions as other hosts are also blocking these functions.
Bondings
I reenabled the parse_ini_file() function. Could you please check if it's working again now?
friuser
I can confirm it is working on box2. thank you bondings.
loserk
Bondings wrote:
I reenabled the parse_ini_file() function. Could you please check if it's working again now?

still disabled in server 1.. Sad
Bondings
I've now disabled it on server 1 too. Please check if it is working again.
loserk
Bondings wrote:
I've now disabled it on server 1 too. Please check if it is working again.

ok,everything is fine now.. thank you.. Wink