FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

10,000 Joost accounts available for free

jylan
Hey, I was reading Techcrunch and came across this link for 10,000 Joost Invites. Try it, you'll be pleasantly surprised!
prole
Very Happy Thanks for the link I just registered right now and ran the programme. It worked not bad. Ooh yeah that's innovative. Razz
filet
thanks for the information...looking forward to it
OutlawSpirit
thanks.. going to have to check this out!
Srs2388
Thanks, it's downloading as I type this... can't wait to test it out.
alkutob
I visited the site and found it useful
thank you for the link
m-productions
what is joost, i dont have time to check it out and see what it is.
Zaini711
Downloading the program. Look interesting. I think everyone should test it out. From what I've read, it is a promosing new things that might be the next big things... Well if enough people interested in it anyway
jylan
m-productions wrote:

Hi m-productions, Joost is a program that will let you watch TV on your PC or Mac, without any antennas. The program is completely free. Unfortuneately I can't say what it's like, As I couldn't download (slow connection). Embarassed

BTW, glad everyone found it useful.
Master Yoda
Hmm.. I'm just checking this out.. started downloading a min ago... let's see how it turns out.. thanks for the link though.. Very Happy
m-productions
I see, sounds pretty cool, id use this for sure, sadly i have satellite internet, and have a bandwidth limit per day, and I have a good feeling this would kill it for sure... I think ill give it a try anyway, I mean it cant hurt to try it can it? well thanks for the link!
Master Yoda
Is there any specific feature we require to use this? Like, we can use this only at a particular bandwidth.. is that right? Mine is 256 kbps, wondering if that's enough... and does this have any similarity to TVU Player??
Chelissamow
This looks really interesting. Thanks for the link~
lethaltriad
Looks good, I know a friend of mine that would love this link. Thanks.
Qube
Ooh, much thanks for the link.
Ever since my bro moved out and took his TV, I've been missing out.
Sure I have a TV downstairs, but I'm lazy, haha.

Once I get this thing up and running, I'll let you know how it is.
It really does look promising.
Reminds me of Pandora internet radio.
coolclay
I got it up and running and it seems really cool, it does report back to them what you are watching so if you are a fanatic about spyware and such you may have reason for concern, but read the fine print and they tell you everything. I watched several really cool programs and the quality is absolutely amazing!
Zaini711
I've install the program and it's run like a charm. I use 1MB connection and the video was smooth. The quality is very good. Programming is okay for a Beta and frees ervice. I can catch up with old TV show. Some are original programming.

I really recommended it everyone with good broadband connection but not for one with package that charge as per data size as the amount of data transmit per hour is huge.

Good beta...
prole
coolclay wrote:
I got it up and running and it seems really cool, it does report back to them what you are watching so if you are a fanatic about spyware and such you may have reason for concern, but read the fine print and they tell you everything. I watched several really cool programs and the quality is absolutely amazing!

Yeah no choking or whatever happened, pretty good for my 'net speed. Quality is no doubt, I definitely can discern each pore on people's face. [Yuck.]

Yesterday I watched one episode of old Earth: Final Conflict. One thing I feel annoyed: height of the control panel [width is no problem], of my own concern, even though it's transparent, I still hope they can make it smaller.

Maybe I should write them some time...
Aless
Ooo, very cool, thanks a lot!
Master Yoda
Sad thing is.. It says that I need a minimum.. a "minimum" of 512 MB of RAM.. and I've got only 256.. Crying or Very sad besides.. I'm still not sure that a 256 kbps connection is enough.. oh well...
krazy
o.O i like it
yeah i like this of what i have read it is supposed to be really good
i'm downloading it as i type right now.
just test it out and see what it is like, i hope it is good.
thanks for the link anyway
ashish2005
According to the replies in this post joost is a program for watching online tv, I guess. But I do not think that my internet connection is fast enough to watch online tv and my computer is not good enough for the program. I will download this program when I will be able to upgrade my computer and my internet connection.
[FuN]goku
hmmm i think ill have a look at this and see what its about
Kadmium
I like the concept behind Joost. I got an invite recently, «surprised» to find out there is no client for Linux.
Apparently, the Joost developers are working on a Linux-client at the moment. Can't wait!
erlendhg
What sort of TV channels does Joost cover?
(I'm Norwegian, you see Razz)

Is it American, British ...or both?
Any other nationalities?
Kadmium
Joost covers a lot of TV channels. Depending on where you live, you can access different stations.
Some are only available in USA, while most of them is available worldwide.

Full info here: http://www.joost.com/whatson/channels.html

(I'm Norwegian too, by the way.)
skygaia
Thanks for good infomation. I didn't download the program yet. but it looks interesting..
bulek
Thank you very much for the provided link. I'm just downloading the program , it really doesn't look bad. I have to try it.
tribe
There is a site I use called FreeTube. It's a site which requires no downloads and has tons of channels which open up in a flash player. It works very well and has tons of channels added every week.

And judging by Joosts channel's; I'd say FreeTube is by far better than this site. Thanks anyways!
filet
i've tried the program...the program required 512mb of ram but got only 256mb of ram...still go ahead with installation ...works fine till now...but 2 cons: if you got slow connection and one menu of the interactive program makes me confused and have to figured out how to get out from that menu
reddishblue
Damn, I had to wait four months to be approved and you guys get it instantly, but Joost is a really good ap, hope you have fun with it! Wink
exarkun
Thanks for sharing the link, it is interesting and I have already signed. How funny to it is to invite myself. =p

By the way, if there is any chinese around here, there is a similar free internet tv by the name of ppstream, except that it is in chinese. Good luck all. =)
TruPain
jylan wrote:
m-productions wrote:

Hi m-productions, Joost is a program that will let you watch TV on your PC or Mac, without any antennas. The program is completely free. Unfortuneately I can't say what it's like, As I couldn't download (slow connection). Embarassed

BTW, glad everyone found it useful.

Hmmmm... sounds interesting... I suppose I will take a look at it...
driftingfe3s
Sounds interesting. I think I'll try it out a bit, the channel selection looks kind of dissapointing though.

Can anyone that has used it post a review of it?
spykE
Thank you Wink. I've already heard about this app, gonna try it out.
Chris24
Just downloaded this, it is a really cool concept/idea. I am using a cable connection with 13000 down and over 2000 up speed. It is a little choppy and the video is not all the greatest ( it could be my monitor though, it's not the most up to date thing in the world). I will give this time just because of the wide variety of shows that they offer.

Checked out the sports and games channel, really cool it had some things dedicated to certain sports that I like, such as soccer.

I really can't wait to see how this thing pans out and if it catches on.
missdixy
i like it Very Happy thanks !!
toughtrio
Thanks man.. I was waiting for a TV service on my PC for soo long.. Got a few scams on the internet, did'nt just look at it..

Warm Regards,
Jurado
Thank you very much.