FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Xenosaga

ddukki
I've recently bought the first and second installment in the trilogy, but have yet to play them (only for about $16 [US]). I was just wondering if they're at all the games the reviews say they are (stunning plot and strategic gameplay)?
kerryworkman
ddukki wrote:
I've recently bought the first and second installment in the trilogy, but have yet to play them (only for about $16 [US]). I was just wondering if they're at all the games the reviews say they are (stunning plot and strategic gameplay)?

I don't know about that, especailly since the games are a little older now. I will say that, if you like old school r.p.g.'s you will love these games. I owned them both, got them when they first came out and loved them, but as with alot of older games I go to play them now, and they have a much harder time keeping my interest. To be honest I have never been a big fan of r.p.g.'s stunning plots, so I am probably not the best to judge that aspect of the game, but I did like the strategy and game play. You might also look into the breath of fire series (good old school rpg)or the chronocross games (rpg with a realtime twist). If you are just looking for pure strategy you also might want to look into the x-com or front mission series, or one of my favorites final fantasy tactics. This may not answer your questions but hopefully it helps.
stan
If you ever did play the original Xenogears, then this would be a good game for you. Else if you are interested in deep plot story, Xenosaga is the game for you. It is deeply story driven. I find XS I and III are most enjoyable to play. XSII was a little bit dull b/c the original XS I's team was replace. It is nonetheless very story driven and the story is very cool if you ask me Very Happy
Kelcey
I didn't mind the battle system so much in 1 or 3... but I couldn't stand it in 2. The only thing that kept me in was the story and well directed cut scenes. The battle system in 1 and 3 weren't great by any means either. If the story wasn't as good as it was, I wouldn't have gotten near them. Xenogears is also my favorite game ever... so that says a lot.
blk3
I played the original Xenogears way back in the first Playstation. I cant say that its really that great but it managed to kep me up till I finished it. Then I never played tha game again. Xenosaga although I havent played it before but some say its based or a continuity of the Xenogears maybe you should give it a shot. People have diff. taste when it comes to RPGs anyway.