FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

USB bug

Samerron
There's a bug or virus that has been spread lately, where it infect the USB flash disk device and then when you try to open it from My Computer, it promotes to be opened by something else, as if it's a file with unknown file extension. It can crawl from one device to another easy and it's annoying, though it doesn't cause any damage.

Anyone had this trouble? Anyone knows how to solve it?
internetjobs
i think some autorun file in your usb drive..

go to view and click folder option and click to show hidden files and system files and delete the autorun.ini
then your problem will be over...
Samerron
I'm glad you replied. Thanks for the solution is worked. Is a bug or virus? It's pretty widespread between computers.
gnubug
Another way would be to disable autorun from your drives, which then willl ignore any autorun command..

In Windows Click Start, then Click Run
Type regedit
Click OK
Click >HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>SYSTEM>CurrentControlSet>Services>Cdrom>

Double click "Autorun" the value is set to 1 by default, change it to zero.
Click OK
Now restart, that's it!
IceCreamTruck
Stopping the autorun feature is cool, but it will also stop legitimate software from loading when you put the CD in the drive.

To each his own...

I would grab a couple different antivirus software packages and really grid the virus out of your system and also scan the USB flash drive and see what gets picked up.

AVG antivirus is cool (get the free version!! google: AVG free 7.5), kaperski is also cool. Spysweeper with Antivirus is also cool.

Kill it until it dies!!! lol I hate viruses just as much as poodles!! The world would be a better place without both.
billgertz
IceCreamTruck wrote:
Stopping the autorun feature is cool, but it will also stop legitimate software from loading when you put the CD in the drive.

To each his own...

I would grab a couple different antivirus software packages and really grid the virus out of your system and also scan the USB flash drive and see what gets picked up.

AVG antivirus is cool (get the free version!! google: AVG free 7.5), kaperski is also cool. Spysweeper with Antivirus is also cool.

Kill it until it dies!!! lol I hate viruses just as much as poodles!! The world would be a better place without both.

yeah I agree. i'll stick with internetjobs's solution. it also worked for me. I got fooled with that stupid code. most of my officemates were amazed. hahaha.