FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

AVG wont catch adobeR.exe virus!

yo.hassan
at the begaining AVG used to catch those adobeR.exe and folder's name.exe viruses. but yesterday i noticed AVG isn't noticing one adobeR.exe in my flash drive so i clicked it but still it wont see the virus. so i reinstalled AVG and still its unable to catch those. now my computer has become so so so slow. what can i do now? why its not noticing those folder's name.exe and adobeR.exe viruses!
ezekiel_rage
yo.hassan wrote:
at the begaining AVG used to catch those adobeR.exe and folder's name.exe viruses. but yesterday i noticed AVG isn't noticing one adobeR.exe in my flash drive so i clicked it but still it wont see the virus. so i reinstalled AVG and still its unable to catch those. now my computer has become so so so slow. what can i do now? why its not noticing those folder's name.exe and adobeR.exe viruses!

What is the version of your AVG installation?

Grisoft has dropped support for versions prior to 7.5.

Those older versions doesn't even have the Resident Shield activated anymore.

Yes it may still do the daily update but unless you do a manula scan, it is not of any help.

Try to update your AVG install along with the newest virus defenitions and see what happens when you a complete system scan.

Regards
yo.hassan
im running with xp sp2. avg version is 7.5 with 3 days ago update. still avg cant catch adober.exe at all. now installed kaspersky v6.2. it catched those nasty files and heals. but the problem is its so slow, even in safe mode it takes more than 2 hours just to scan the c drive. i wanted AVG because its free so if anyone knows how to fix this and advice me would ad really great. thanks