FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

A software you need?

varun_dodla
Hi All,
I'm a software engineer (in J2EE) and always wanted to make something useful with the knowledge I have, but always fell short of ideas....out of this passion I recently developed a small rtf to pdf writer application over a vacation......this is what has compelled me to start this thread...
I want you to share your ideas of a new software application that could be helpful to you (and/or everyone). It might be a big one with lots of features or a small utility preferably a stand alone one.
I plan to gather your ideas and then plan and try to design one which I feel is feasible and useful.

Thanks in advance.
missdixy
Umm..maybe some sort of software that lets you edit your contacts online and then sends them to your phone?
Ranfaroth
missdixy wrote:
Umm..maybe some sort of software that lets you edit your contacts online and then sends them to your phone?
Like FMA or Gammu ?
desertwind
A mind mapping software. Excellent and unlimited possibilities.
sush
If you pick standard "good old" projects, you're bound to have less audience. You should try to integrate some current trends into your project.

- Internet access
- Data sharing over a central server
- User accounts
- Improved interaction, e.g. speech synthesis
- Integration with mobile devices, e.g. display of info in WML so that mobile browsers can read it
- Good searching and tagging features for data

and similar features. Try to keep them in mind and I'm sure you'll have fine ideas.
Ranfaroth
sush wrote:
- Integration with mobile devices, e.g. display of info in WML so that mobile browsers can read it
WML is deprecated nowdays : the futur for mobiles is XHTML, and especially XHTML Basic...
welshsteve
A tool I would love to have, which I don't believe is available at the moment, is a tool which you can submit a HTML file into and it outputs a WAP friendly version. That woulod enable people to release a WAP copy of their website with ease.
Arnie
Make me a multiuser network calendar program and get all my Frih$.
otiscom
How about a very fast internet browser?

Most browsers I find are slow to start up and quite bulky.

A nice slim browser with pop-up blockers etc., would be usefull.
Arnie
How does Opera work for you?
welshsteve
I think Opera is a very good browser. Very clean and tidy. My preferred choice is Firefox due to customization, but Opera is pretty good.