FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

PHP error

Talk2Tom11
I am having a weird problem...

I have a script that i am running on my machine with my own internal server and it works fine...

however when i run it on my website that i have with hostmonster it gives me this error...

Warning: mysql_numrows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /root/dir/dir/prevguests.php on line 17

line 17 is as such...

Code:
$num=mysql_numrows($result);

I am calling the number of rows the result had. I have this line on other pages and it works fine... I have no idea why this is giving me an error...

Any Ideas????
Ranfaroth
There was a problem connecting to the database...
PatTheGreat42
Are you sure you have the database set up on the server? If you forgot to do that, then it would cause a problem.
vinx_18
Talk2Tom11 wrote:
I am having a weird problem...

I have a script that i am running on my machine with my own internal server and it works fine...

however when i run it on my website that i have with hostmonster it gives me this error...

Warning: mysql_numrows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /root/dir/dir/prevguests.php on line 17

line 17 is as such...

Code:
$num=mysql_numrows($result);

I am calling the number of rows the result had. I have this line on other pages and it works fine... I have no idea why this is giving me an error...

Any Ideas????

try using this:
Code:
  mysql_num_rows($result);