FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

check this out!

dalewazhere
http://hollywood.xlayoutsx.com

Check it out and let me know what you think. Thanks Laughing
HDirtwater
Can't hardly read the links and most of the text on the dark background. Why would you have a dark blue background with blue text? Aside from that, I think it's pretty nice.
darrenpaul
Yeah, the blue is really hard to read from
sambhav
Change the background to some light color.
salman_500
same as the above people ....
classical_c
Yeah it's good apart from changing the colour of the font. It's got some style, is there any content on the site though I tried some of your links and they wen't working properly.
JayBee
It is good, just make text and background with more different colors.
the6thfactor
Nice clean layout, but needs better color choices! Pic a lighter color to offset your blues and it will be very nice Smile
Diablosblizz
I really like the logo, but as others said, change the background colours, its really hard to read and that will not attract visitors.

Its all about look.
Hobbit
The hover link color in the post titles is almost the same color as the background so it's hard to read. I like the header. Cool

By the way this is Sergio from MSP. Hi. Wink
freelanceCMS
Nice job buddy
mathiaus
I don't trust your site. A colour chart is helpful to n00bs however teaching them BAD things deserves capital punishment!! What code did you give them
Code:
<font color="COLORGOESHERE!">Words go here</font color>

(a) Font tag??? Use a nice span
Code:
<span style="color:#COLORGOESHERE">TEXT</span>

(b) I have never seen in my entire life a closing </font color> tag. </font> yea, why color is added there, I don't know Rolling Eyes

light text - dark background
dark text - light background
DON'T use both dark like you have done. Its difficult to read for someone with normal eyesight, what do you think people with eye problems would do? Leave probably.
WallBase
yeah i agree about that, but its allso a good website!!^^,)

look at this:
he has a great color choise: > http://ecc.xlayoutsx.com/

just change the background to some light!^^,)

mathiaus: removed wrong url tags
mathiaus
WallBase wrote:
look at this:
he has a great color choise: > http://ecc.xlayoutsx.com/

That is 100x better! The red actually looks quite good Smile

Another question .... Why is it called Hollywood?
regards
HDirtwater wrote:
Can't hardly read the links and most of the text on the dark background. Why would you have a dark blue background with blue text? Aside from that, I think it's pretty nice.

Agree! How can people read your webpage if you choose similar colors for words and background? Honestly, I can't even see your words.

Wink Regards (looking for better improvement)
{name here}
It looks just about as bad as any given MySpace profile - there isn't enough contrast between anything but the Menu headers. You've changed the cursor into a crosshair in the menu section, which is a no no. The footer isn't very well defined. You use deprecated font tags and irregular markup in the strict syntax needed for XHTML.

I must applaud you for your use of div based design, however.
Digital Thoth
I dunno. Personally, I really like the site. True, I didn't go through each and every link, but I think that it looks very nice. Content on the home page is a little weak, but I'm sure that after enough updates it'll be looking alot better.

Just remember not to neglect the updating. It'll come back to bite you.
theem
i liked it !!! is this all your work... if yes .. you rock man.. keep it up Arrow
SamiTheBerber
The head banners are great on both sites. First site has too big pics and it takes to load them. Texts are also hard to read. On the second site the layout loads faster and is much more better to read.
demonpt
Good design but the background color should be softer, try to get an light-red or something similar, or get a darker background but with light font color, good luck