FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Site offline page

Psycho_X52
Nobody is perfect and no serious, hard-working ( Very Happy ) server hasn't got a 100% uptime
Since server 2 has some problems, it would be nice to have an offline page ('Sorry, server is down, please come back soon" , or even better "a redirection to a second site...)
There are two options in my view regarding this issue (redirection to another page):

1. each user from server #1 to have a custom page (single html page) on server #2 and vice versa.
  2. to redirect to a custom link set previously by the user...

btw at this moment server #2 is down
m-productions
this has to be one of the best ideas i have read lol!! however, im not so sure about the hosting the file on server 1 for server 2 and such, I dont think that will happen, however, to have some way of linking to a backup page of ourchoice would be an amazing idea because server 2 does go down a lot....
mathiaus
This can't be done as already stated in topics in the support forums. If apache is down, then it can't show ANY page or forward a user to another page.
There's also the crazy idea that account creators are going to create 2 accounts for each user Confused

-close-