FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

FORUM CREATION

yazi_reloaded
I wanted to create a forum using phpbb and MySQL. I know how to install phpbb, but how to install MySQL? And that too on this frihost server?

Thanks Smile
ninjakannon
yazi_reloaded wrote:
I wanted to create a forum using phpbb and MySQL. I know how to install phpbb, but how to install MySQL? And that too on this frihost server?

You do not need to install either MySQL or php as they are already installed on both of the FriHost servers.

If you know how to install phpbb then you can just get going immediately! If you run into any trouble just ask on FriHost and there's bound to be someone out there who will be able to answer your problems. Very Happy
Star Wars Fanatic
There's even a tutorial on how to install phpbb on FriHost, you can find it here.
Diablosblizz
Quote:
There's even a tutorial on how to install phpbb on FriHost, you can find it here.

The download section is outdated. Ill PM mathiaus and tell him that.
bri4n5
IMO you should try PunBB is smaller and faster than phpBB. Wink
salman_500
i dunno why people have trouble installing phpbb... every copy of phpbb now comes with an install file...

upload all files on your server and use a browser to open the install.php or something file... and it will do the work for you... just follo the instructions it gives... and your done !
ninjakannon
salman_500 wrote:
i dunno why people have trouble installing phpbb... every copy of phpbb now comes with an install file...

yazi_reloaded said that they knew how to install phpbb, so this isn't exactly relevant here, remember to always read the post carefully before replying! Wink

What many people don't do is read the installation instructions; they may have a go, but just find it confusing (although it's not difficult at all) or they may just think that someone else could do it better for them. There are a few other instances I can think of, but mostly I think people could install phpbb if they put their mind to it. On the other hand, you must remember that some people are not as technically proficient or used to the internet as others.
coeus
I say code your own forum then you don't have to worry about installing issues.
kv
coeus wrote:
I say code your own forum then you don't have to worry about installing issues.

True. But you will have to worry about hell lot of other issues coding the forum Smile