FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

DVD Drive problems..

Limitgfx
Hello, Just yesterday i bought need for speed underground 2 ( cds ) not dvd form

and when i put it in my main drive ( the dvd drive ) It didnt read it... so i opened my computer and i double clicked drive D whitch is my dvd drive... nothing happend... so i right clicked it and clicked eject and it came out...

So.. i put the disc in my other drive (cdrw) and it worked flawlessly...

What is wrong with my dvd drive ???
Deji
depending on the age of the drive i think some dvd drives just dont read CDs or have a lot of difficulty with them ( i know certain modded xbox's cant read CD-R / CD-RWs but are find with DVDs)
hrtorrent
Limitgfx wrote:
Hello, Just yesterday i bought need for speed underground 2 ( cds ) not dvd form

and when i put it in my main drive ( the dvd drive ) It didnt read it... so i opened my computer and i double clicked drive D whitch is my dvd drive... nothing happend... so i right clicked it and clicked eject and it came out...

So.. i put the disc in my other drive (cdrw) and it worked flawlessly...

What is wrong with my dvd drive ???

Try clean DVD drive. Use a computer cleaning sprey like Soffio (CO2 commpressed air). You can also use a cleaning CD or DVD.

Try other CDs or DVDs put in this drive.
If DVD drive still dont work good, buy new, it's not so expencive....
izcool
You might need to get a DVD player on your computer, such as CyberLink's PowerDVD.

- Mike.
dule
izcool wrote:
You might need to get a DVD player on your computer, such as CyberLink's PowerDVD.

- Mike.

i don't think so, u must do that if u plan to watch dvd videos on your comp.

as mentioed above, try cleanong your lens with lens cleaning kit or bring it to pc service so they clean it.