FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Help me with MySQL Account Maintenance and phpBB 2.0.15 :((

NghiaSuper
I know some kinds of this question have been posted here. I read them. But i still can't do it by myself successfully!

My subdomain is: matrantinhyeu.frihost.net
My user name is: nghia

Frist, I created one database: matrantinhyeu, it became: nghia_matrantinhyeu. After that i created user: ilovenghia, it became nghia_ilovenghia.

Then I fill out the details requested for phpBB 2.0.15

I press "Star Install" button and had some errors

What was wrong? Can you help me? Crying or Very sad
mOrpheuS
try setting the field
"Database server hostname/DSN" = localhost. (instead of the ip address)

also, put in the domain name as "matrantinhyeu.frihost.net" instead of "www.matrantinhyeu.frihost.net"

Also the db username should not be very long or it gets truncated (I'm not sure of the length), you might want to try a shorter username if nothing else works.

all the best & let us know how it goes.
Wink
homer09001
why dont you just install it via Fantastico it does all the database crap for you and in a fraction of the time it take you to fill out the installation page
NghiaSuper
homer09001 wrote:
why dont you just install it via Fantastico it does all the database crap for you and in a fraction of the time it take you to fill out the installation page

Version of phpBB in Fantastico is 2.0.13. I want to try version 2.0.15 ^_^.

But now I can do it successfully. Thx mOrpheuS so much !!!! Wink

But now, my friend say he can't Register at my Forum because it's say Confirm_code_wrong but my Forum doesn't have Confirm_code.... In the Register Page I didn't see Confirm_code. Don't know why. Sad( Any idea for my problem? Question
mOrpheuS
NghiaSuper wrote:
it's say Confirm_code_wrong but my Forum doesn't have Confirm_code.... In the Register Page I didn't see Confirm_code

"Confirm_code" is the element name of the textbox on the phpbb registration page (the one where you enter the number from the picture).
but I seriously doubt something going wrong with that.

this could be happening because your friend might have entered the code wrong.
try registering yourself for a new account at your forum and see if it works.

most probably it won't be a problem.
Wink
NghiaSuper
Me too. I didn't see "Confirm_code" in the Register Page. You can enter here: http://www.matrantinhyeu.frihost.net/profile.php?mode=register&agreed=true&sid=c6a411722ff9718f249c70a5c17d35c2. As you see, don't have any Confirm_code there !!!

After submit register I received this error

Sad
Bondings
Code:
<input type="hidden" name="confirm_id" value="55b4437c01fa1cdfb1970c889c224d5f" />

I found this in the source code of your register page. Maybe that's the problem?
BumYeu
Bondings wrote:
Code:
<input type="hidden" name="confirm_id" value="55b4437c01fa1cdfb1970c889c224d5f" />

I found this in the source code of your register page. Maybe that's the problem?

Hi Steve, if that's a prolem, how can we fix it? NghiaSuper uses phpBB version 2.0.15. I'm using phpBB 2.0.13 in our Fantastico. In Administration Panel, I don't see the tool that can fix that problem. Can you show me how to fix it?
NghiaSuper
Friends, I knew why I couldn't see the Confirm_Code. Because my "FI Apple - Pink Template" doesn't up to date. It deosn't support for phpBB 2.0.15.

That's why I can't see Confirm Code. Hix, I have to use subSilver Template now. Hix hix hix. Anything for me to design my Forum? to make it looks lovely..... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Bockman
NghiaSuper now that the problem seems solved (or at least detected) I need to warn you about something:

Although the theme is good (and i do like that theme), those colours are a bit strong to have in a forum you will have open severall hours a day. my suggestion would be for you to use softer colours not to hurt users eyes.

But if you want to keep that theme, you can try and check with the creators to see if an update is available.

Be Well Cool
NghiaSuper
Hi hi, thx for your opinion. I will think about it ^_^

I just think if my site looks lovely it'll be more attractive. Hihihi