FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

need plugin (Tlen) for Pidgin (Gaim)

oleszka
I found this plugin here http://nic.com.pl/~alek/gaim-tlen/ but it doesn't work with me. I did all like it was written in ReadMe:
Quote:

To install pidgin tlen plugin you have to copy

tlen.png into c:\Program\ Files\Pidgin\pixmaps\pidgin\status\default\tlen.png

and

libtlen.dll into c:Program\ Files\Pidgin\plugins\

may be someone can help me?
mehulved
DId you download the zip file for win32? Am asking since you havent' mentioned about it. I guess you need that too. And also do you have pidgin 2 or some beta version of gaim?
oleszka
mehulved wrote:
DId you download the zip file for win32? Am asking since you havent' mentioned about it. I guess you need that too. And also do you have pidgin 2 or some beta version of gaim?

yes I downloaded file for win32. I use the latest version of pidgin 2.0.1.
as I see there are so many files win32, i think i should download what was modified not so long time before (for example this is the latest http://nic.com.pl/~alek/gaim-tlen/gaim-tlen-20061114-win32.zip 14-Nov-2006 23:52 216k ) but anyway nothing works
mehulved
I guess the latest binary available for win32 doesn't work with pidgin. As you can see the date of the gaim-tlen file precedes the release of pidgin. You can either use older version of gaim, i think, <beta6 is supported. Or compile it from source manually.
I am not sure of this will work or not but there's a Makefile.migw file in the latest tar.gz file. You can download it and compile using a C compiler, maybe something like Blodshed's Dev-C++. Give it a go and see if it works.