FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

phpbb RC1 is released!

silverdown
Just wanted to tell everyone PHPBB RC1 has been released!
LukeakaDanish
Wow...thanks for the heads up mate Smile

* goes off to make a uber nice style *
yazi_reloaded
Its got a lot of way to go, before it can get better than 2.0
LukeakaDanish
yazi_reloaded wrote:

HM i dont get how you can say that...it has all the features of 2.0 PLUS a load of new cool stuff PLUS a much nicer admin panel which really does make everything easier...

Clarify?
shoes22
LukeakaDanish wrote:
yazi_reloaded wrote:

HM i dont get how you can say that...it has all the features of 2.0 PLUS a load of new cool stuff PLUS a much nicer admin panel which really does make everything easier...

Clarify?

I don't understand what he's saying either...you can make it look AND function just like a 2.0 forum just by disabling all of the extra features...

and if he's talking about security issues, version 3 is already much more secure than 2.0 was.
Petee
I've been very happy with version 2 in my limited use of it so far, and version 3 is looking pretty good so far from what I've seen so far. I'm looking forward to the final 3 version being released.
fadirocks
I finally converted back to a clean phpBB
I was using http://ptifo.clanmckeen.com mod CH2.16 which is an awesome mod by itself but with phpBB3 I don't need it anymore
Conversion wasn't that easy or hard there are only few things I had to cleanup afterward

but phpBB3 RC1 really kicks butt I totally agree with the change of interface of topics
also having all mods by default like for attachment, sub-categories, and more

also permissions are very extensive too but I'm still used how CH2 works! also I like the report type if SPAM, off topic, ..etc

the only thing I need is a CMS that looks cool with my forums! I think I'll play with xoops soon

EDIT:
let me add this which is BBcode for youtube and google that i created
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=539003&hilit=#p2993897
YellowShadow
I'm gonna use this when it is out of its BETA/RC phase.
and.hunt
I must say I love phpbb3, one of the worst things about phpbb2 was the admin panel, the ucp wasn't too good either, phpBB3 has corrected al this, as soon as it goes gold it will be my forum of choice (up till now I preferred SMF).
fadirocks
I love the idea they de-attached admin panel from any template which is great because i forgot to switch subsilver back on my forums and had trouble moving my site Razz but now you don't have to worry much
this is just strong pre-start for phpbb3 we'll see how many improvements will come up as soon RC1 becomes final!
YellowShadow
If you want to see phpBB3 running check out my forums. http://www.aluonstudios.uni.cc/forum
_AVG_
Excellent Forums you've got there. No doubt the new version of PHPBB has many templates or just the one? Is it easy to make templates?
YellowShadow
I don't think there are templates for it yet, but there will be soon. Its an RC1 so they are still working on it.