FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

why can not delete the waste files via FTP

mjohnson
hello admin:
There are some old waste files in my hosting,I tried to delete them via FTP and the DirectAdmin button,however, I failed.
I don't know the true reasons why I can not delete them,but I know their mutual characteristics,they are uploaded as attachments in a forum that I built before. I have deleted the other forum program files exclude these attachments.Ftp prompted permission denied.

Can you dear admins help me delete these waste files,or any other methods may I try to deal with them?
My url is mjohnson.frih.net,they are located in the "trash" folder under the public_html.If you can,please help me delete the trash folder thoroughly.
Thank you very much. Exclamation
Animal
It's likely that the files are "owned" by Apache, and not your username - for security reasons, you're not allowed to delete or change properties of files you have not created. There is a workaround for this posted here that should help you modify the files to give you write-permission, and hence allow you to delete them.

Hope this helps.
mjohnson
Yes.it worked well. I have deleted all the waste files.Thank you sir.