FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Dexter ( This is a tv series and not the cartoon )

Crosser
The first season has already aired. Great show.
It's about a psycho who is in forensics. He has this sick need of killing people.
But he has learned to investigate criminals and fulfill his killing desires by killing them. Cool guy, though never seen him before.
Do watch the show and comment.
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
deemon
Hmm. I have seen the first season. Dexter is one of my favourite tv series. I hope it continues and the second season is aired soon.
The theme of the series is great. I have seen a few similar seires for example Criminal Minds, CSI, Las Vegas, The X Files, but the problem with those series is that they don't have a main story, every episode ends with a complete story. That is not the case with Dexter. Dexter has all the episodes connected to each other that is why I like it so much.
By the way I enjoy movies and series that are about homicides.
Very Happy
Scaramanga
We had a discussion about this series waaaay back in the day (which was a Wednesday, by the way.) Yeah it's pretty good.

Also, for those interested, the show is actually based on a series of novels by Jeff Lindsay. There are currently three books out, and the first season covers the book Darkly Dreaming Dexter. So while Showtime has renewed the series for another season, I certainly hope there'll be at least three (or more.)

EDIT: My apologies, the third book, Dexter in the Dark, isn't due out until September of this year.
scottycrip
I saw snippets of it recently and I think it looks rad. Looking forward to actually sit down and watch it all the way through
Blu_Spykz
I've seen the guy before...though his name eludes me, for now.

HAven't watched an episode, yet... saw it advertised on F/X channel on Sky and looks like something I'd enjoy, so I will be tuning in, or, at worst, buying the DVD upon release to watch this psychotic guy / forensic detective.
Octaeder
Despite the first series sticking (reasonably) closely to the first book, the makers have announced that the second series will be a completely original story.

I thought it was a great series... Tongue-in-cheek enough to retain a sense of humour and yet still with a good dramatic plot.

Really looking forward to seeing this return to TV
Indyan
Dexter S2 Promo : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL4SZ6cv1y0
I also heard that the first two episodes have been leaked on the internet.
Ducksteina
I totally loved the first season!
Maybe even one of my favourite TV programmes of all time...
The story was just awesome, the acting from Michael C. Hall as well and it was a pure joy to watch it.

Can't wait for the second season! Smile
bluefossil
When is the second series suppose to air?
I don't have Showtime so i don't get to watch it. But I have it on good authority that the first two episodes were available somewhere.
I did get to see the First season, and I thought it was a great show.

Oh nevermind, I see that it comes back on 9/30. I guess they really were leaked. I thought the 2nd season had started. Now it gives me time to make friends with someone with showtime.
rtk4turg
Yeah.... this is a great excellent and fantastic series on television. All episodes and seasons are very interesting. Its really a treat to watch this show.

Watch 24 Season , Watch 30 Rock Episode
menino
I loved the first 3 seasons of Dexter, about the "controlled" psycopath.
After that it got a bit boring, but I think the end of season 5 shows that season 6 might get a lot better.
Has season 6 come out as yet, of Dexter?
TurtleShell
I finished all the way up to the end of the first season with his kid in it, and I thought the ending of that particular season was fabulous. A friend told me the most recent season sucked--is that true?