FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

autorun: nothing to choose?

oleszka
when I insert any DVD I got such empty window (where actually I should choose how to open DVD)

I want to see in that window-PowerDVD, how I can do it?
dray101
If it doesn't launch automatically just manually open the executable. Wink
oleszka
that's what I usually do... just open the file.. but how to make it open automatically?
kizarop
Go to optical drive properties (right click on icon , choose properties) , then check AutoPlay tab. Are there any actions to choose? Try to restore default settings (there is button on autoplay tab - restore defaults).
oleszka
kizarop wrote:
Go to optical drive properties (right click on icon , choose properties) , then check AutoPlay tab. Are there any actions to choose? Try to restore default settings (there is button on autoplay tab - restore defaults).

this I tried too. but I can't click on "restore defaults" - it's like "frozen"

qscomputing
Click the radio button above the list box, then the restore defaults button should be enabled. YMMV. HTH.
oleszka
qscomputing wrote:
Click the radio button above the list box, then the restore defaults button should be enabled. YMMV. HTH.

Yes it enabled... but when I click on restore defaults button - nothing changed ... the same empty list...
I think I got this because of WinXP Manager or Powertoys for Windows XP... but how to do all like it was before... I don't know... Confused ... can't understand where and what I did that now it shows like empty list for autoplay...
mystzero
First, we have to know what's behind the registry.

Do the following:

1. Go to "Start" | "Run" and then type in cmd. Click "OK".
  2. At the prompt, type in reg query "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\AutoplayHandlers\Handlers" /s /z > "%userprofile%\Desktop\autoplayhandlers.txt" & "%userprofile%\Desktop\autoplayhandlers.txt"
  3. You will be presented with a text file. Post the contents here or browse to your desktop to upload autoplayhandlers.txt and post the link here.
oleszka
mystzero wrote:
First, we have to know what's behind the registry.

Do the following:

1. Go to "Start" | "Run" and then type in cmd. Click "OK".
  2. At the prompt, type in reg query "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\AutoplayHandlers\Handlers" /s /z > "%userprofile%\Desktop\autoplayhandlers.txt" & "%userprofile%\Desktop\autoplayhandlers.txt"
  3. You will be presented with a text file. Post the contents here or browse to your desktop to upload autoplayhandlers.txt and post the link here.

I put: reg query "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\AutoplayHandlers\Handlers" /s /z > "%userprofile%\Desktop\autoplayhandlers.txt" & "%userprofile%\Desktop\autoplayhandlers.txt" but it shows wrong path, so I change Desktop => into Russian word ะเแ๎๗่้ ๑๒๎๋ (it means Desktop) because I have Windows XP in Russian. So it shows me "Error: impossible parameter of command line" (it was just in Russian) but I was presented text file (autoplayhandlers.txt) anyway and it was empty...