FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Starcraft 2

hofodomo01
Not sure if there is a topic on this already, but search tells me it isn't so...

>> http://media.pc.ign.com/media/850/850126/imgs_1.html
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starcraft_2
(screw bb tags)

While I'm pretty damn excited for this to come out, I'm also expecting somewhat of an actual gameplay fail-type-thing. It just won't have the appeal of the original Starcraft, but because it's based off the original, I'm sure it'll be pretty fun and popular as well.....

I hope my expectations won't be crushed.
Packfan104L4
It'll be popular since Blizzard makes it and 1/2 the WoW fanboys will buy the game just to support the company. Blizzard is turning out to me a money-mongerer like Microsoft used to be, but now everyone sees them for what they really are...
carlokes
Hi there,

Starcraft truly is a worthing serie. The first game was (is) awesome and the online experience is fantastic. It sure will be a huge success and a lot of people will buy this game.

Blizzard is a money-makling-machine already with WoW and with Scarcraft2 in the horizon...WoW...I wish i could by some stocks lol.

Btw, there already a cinematic trailer at the starcraft2 website, it is truly awesome.

Stay Cool!
Packfan104L4
carlokes wrote:

I wish i could by some stocks lol.

No you don't, it's going down now after the announcement :p

Unless they announce another WoW expansion, it'll keep going down again.
pfbetterdayz
hi,
starcraft 2 does seem pretty exciting; the graphic is totally different compare to the original starcraft. i heard that they are adding in more characters, such as zerglings evolving into a whole different character in which it can suicide or something similar. but too bad they are removing some characters as well Sad
Vladalf
You can see alot of Starcraft 2 gameplay movies on GameTrailers.
Gagnar The Unruly
Blizzard has had a pretty good track record so far. I don't see any reason at all to believe that Starcraft 2 won't be totally awesome. I'm looking forward to it.
urbanbuddha
I've seen the trailer. It looks sweet.

Though I think the use of DirectX 10 is a bit too much.
Fake
it's been a looooooong time, but the game will be a sweet reward for waiting
achowles
Blizzard really disappointed me with WoW. They used to be a company that you could count on to not screw their customers over to make a fast buck.

Then WoW came out...

On the plus side, SC2 does look like it's remaining true to the original... but perhaps too much so. Graphically it doesn't look very advanced and there is no sense of scale at all from what I've seen. It's hard to tell right now if that is just another attempt to wring money out of a popular title. I guess we'll have to pay close attention to the reviews when it comes out.

I doubt that it'll be a bad game. No doubt it'll be very good in fact. But that doesn't mean much if it only leaves you feeling cheated.
Kelcey
Yeah I can't wait for this. It looks like they didn't go crazy on the graphics which is good... It looks like starcraft upgraded heavily. I can't wait.
Sharpe
I so want this game! 8)
Keran
Hell, It's about time...
How long was it since last starcraft game? 7 years? Took'em long enough. It's good that Blizzard finally had a change from MMOs and came back to the RTS games.
Tuxy
I'm waiting for that game! I enjoyed the first one. Graphics look soo nice Very Happy
hofodomo01
Nevertheless, it's pretty impressive that the original stayed just as popular even almost after a decade it came out Smile
stan
Does anyone know when it will release? I can't believe it is almost 10 years since I first play Starcraft in 1997......long... Shocked I hope it will be as fun as it did for the original one.
Scott
I'm really excited for this game, it's been far too long. I still play StarCraft.

bri4n5
New StarCraft, New PC $$$$ Sad
m-productions
first you should all checkout (I hope you have) www.starcraft2.com This looks like its going to be good, and the best part, it wont need top of the line comps. the bad thing about sc2, and this is a really bad thing, THEY WILL BE CLOSING SC BNET SERVERS!!!! this is no joke, comes right from IGN, (dont feel like looking for it again) they say that want to be sure that sc2 is a success and that everyone can play it without problems, so they are opening up their servers, so all you loyal sc players on b.net, your days are now numbered.
Osmodius
achowles wrote:
Blizzard really disappointed me with WoW. They used to be a company that you could count on to not screw their customers over to make a fast buck.

Then WoW came out...

On the plus side, SC2 does look like it's remaining true to the original... but perhaps too much so. Graphically it doesn't look very advanced and there is no sense of scale at all from what I've seen. It's hard to tell right now if that is just another attempt to wring money out of a popular title. I guess we'll have to pay close attention to the reviews when it comes out.

I doubt that it'll be a bad game. No doubt it'll be very good in fact. But that doesn't mean much if it only leaves you feeling cheated.

Totally agree. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Starcraft 2 undergoes a further three years of development before being scrapped.

Maybe they'll pretend to work on it for a while before pretending it never existed, a la Starcraft Ghost / Duke Nukem Forever.
eLto
Don't get your hopes up too high, remember what happened to starcraft ghost. It had tons of fans, and then got cancelled.

Another thing with blizzard is that they NEVER beef up the graphics to the max, and they have a good reason to do so, cause then more players can join in on the fun. There were screenshots of starcraft 1 that were more impressive than the game actually was, but blizzard decided to pump it down so that more players could play, and I don't think that they regret it for one second.

as to starcraft 2, the only thing bugging me about it as of now, is what has already been mentioned in the thread: Scale. It looks as it's just an upgraded "expansion" to the original one, and pays no attention to that other strategy games have larger scales now, making the battles more epic and fun to watch. It might be intentional, or it might be that they're just hiding the larger scale ones for later. After all, they managed to keep any info on the game secret for almost two years, and that in itself is VERY impressive.
QrafTee
eLto wrote:
Don't get your hopes up too high, remember what happened to starcraft ghost. It had tons of fans, and then got cancelled.

Another thing with blizzard is that they NEVER beef up the graphics to the max, and they have a good reason to do so, cause then more players can join in on the fun. There were screenshots of starcraft 1 that were more impressive than the game actually was, but blizzard decided to pump it down so that more players could play, and I don't think that they regret it for one second.

as to starcraft 2, the only thing bugging me about it as of now, is what has already been mentioned in the thread: Scale. It looks as it's just an upgraded "expansion" to the original one, and pays no attention to that other strategy games have larger scales now, making the battles more epic and fun to watch. It might be intentional, or it might be that they're just hiding the larger scale ones for later. After all, they managed to keep any info on the game secret for almost two years, and that in itself is VERY impressive.

Umm... Don't compare Ghost to anything else Blizzard has made. Blizzard just wasn't "ready" for console games. I'm pretty sure Starcraft II will make it beyond "hyped in magazines."
roninmedia
Starcraft 2, this has been over a decade in waiting. Blizzard as a very good record for PC games with amazing online experiences while making the system requirements open to a large number of gamers. Hopefully, with the time spent on this and the gap between Brood War and Starcraft 2, it will be a very amazing game. The thing is we've known that this was coming. Blizzard has owned the starcradt2.com domain for several years now.

Somehow, looking at some of the images of the gameplay, it seems to bright, too Warcraft-ish in terms of its color in look. I'm not a particularly big fan of the Warcraft art style, but as long as the overall gameplay is good and Battle.net is free, I'm sure it will have a large following and fanbase as the original game.
Dwyer17
No way. No. Starcraft 2? For real real? Huh. That's sweet, wow. I remember Starcraft. Wow that was a long time ago. I'm really glad they came out with Starcraft 2, I'm going to get it.
Manntis
I can honestly say that this is probably one of my most wanted games right now.
lethaltriad
I'm excited to see how Blizzard does Starcraft 2. I just saw the preview for it on G4 and so far it looks promising. Hopefully further down the line they will let us know if there are any new races or what new gameplay features they will include.
Dark_Tiger
I'm of two minds about thias one.

First, Starcraft was and still is one of the best RTS games. If you're worried about the quality of the graphics, RTS games are probably not for you. Simillary, SC:Ghost isn't a cause for concern. Like Lord of the Clans, the game programming was farmed out to another company, and like Lord of the Clans, it was canceled. Big flipping deal.

On the other hand, I was disappointed with Warcraft 3, horribly so and the expansion was worse. Blizzard took a stratagy game and tried to make a RPG out of it. That caused me to not trust Blizzard's plan and WOW made it worse.

Either way, I'm not too worked up about it. Knowingf Blizzard, it'll be a few years at least before they even announce a release, let alone announce a release date that resembles reality.
Stoicus
Can not wait for starcraft 2 to come out i will be waiting in line to buy this game. Ive played the original and expansion 20 times threw and love the multiplayer game aspect of it.. Bliz hits it off yet again gratz
Samerron
Can't wait till the game is out, but does anyone knows why did it take sooooo long for Star Craft II to be out? It's almost 10 years, right?

I'm surprized, because the first game was great to its time and was very successful in the market.
windloveskid
Startcraft 2 is great. I'm waiting 4 it
QrafTee
Samerron wrote:
Can't wait till the game is out, but does anyone knows why did it take sooooo long for Star Craft II to be out? It's almost 10 years, right?

I'm surprized, because the first game was great to its time and was very successful in the market.

Not every game can make sequel after sequel just like that. I mean most Nintendo franchises... yes... Square Enix franchises... yes... Sega franchises... yes... Wait... Well... um... Blizzard is just an exception, okay?
Patriot Players
However, one thing people seem to forget about Blizzard when calling them money grabbers, is that their games are consistently of high quality. Even WoW, though it shudders to make me say it, is a very well constructed game. The primary problem with it in my eyes is the terrible community. I expect Starcraft 2 will do well, and I also expect I will get my hands on a copy. Im not the biggest fan of Blizzard's playerbase but their games are solid.
medievalman26
achowles wrote:

Then WoW came out...

Almost everyone makes them out as a "money grabber" they only look like it because their games are so popular that they make a killing on them when they do release one. The simple fact is they are showing us very simplistic things that they probably just borrowed from the Warcraft engine(with some modifications obviously) to give us a preview of what they are thinking. You have to remember that the show they put on is not final and they still have much much more developing to do before they release it.

stan wrote:
Does anyone know when it will release? I can't believe it is almost 10 years since I first play Starcraft in 1997......long... Shocked I hope it will be as fun as it did for the original one.

Actually they said repeatedly on their site they have no date set yet because it is still too early for them to say how long it will be taking them to finish it.

I know that there is a lot of bad blood out there because of SC Ghost but just remember that game did not look half as good as this one does. Also They know they cannot do it again without losing a lot of players and potential costumers. I say wait and see what they do.
polis
definitetly worthy of buying it. Just can't suck.....it can't!.
soulman
the trailer movie is greaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!

the new unit can fight with different terrains....

and the protoss mother ship is so powerful, I am looking forward this game.

it's should be the best RTS game again.
exarkun
Ya I like StarCraft very much, and with all this new units available in the new StarCraft 2, maybe it will make me love the game even more. (However, it is sad that Dragoon has to make way for the Immortal, i liked to use dragoon a lot..)
eLto
Samerron wrote:

Because they wanted to wait until they were ready for it. As someone posted earlier, they weren't ready for console games when trying to make sc:ghost, so I figured they just wanted to wait with sc2 until they felt ready for it.
syntax101
any news for sc ghost for ps2. they already invested in that game why didnt they continue to developed it. maybe they are planning for and world of starcraft or galaxy of starcraft.
QrafTee
exarkun wrote:
Ya I like StarCraft very much, and with all this new units available in the new StarCraft 2, maybe it will make me love the game even more. (However, it is sad that Dragoon has to make way for the Immortal, i liked to use dragoon a lot..)

... Um... Dark Dragoons anyone?
medievalman26
syntax101 wrote:
any news for sc ghost for ps2. they already invested in that game why didnt they continue to developed it. maybe they are planning for and world of starcraft or galaxy of starcraft.

Read above you and learn. After all it was said earlier at least 2 times. Besides this is about Sc2 not Sc Ghost.
Sparda
Starcraft 2 will be fantastic. I liked the first one very much and I do plan to play this new that is coming out. I believe that this may be one of the best of Blizzard RTS's.
basementgamesltd
Hey all,

Starcraft 2 seems very promising. There is a 22 minute video somewhere on the web that shows a vast array of the units and weapons in the game. During the video, there are subtitles with someone talking that explains many of the similarities and differences between the races and between The original Starcraft and Starcraft 2. I must say that the game looks to play very smoothly and also seems to have kept faithful to the original in many ways. There are many of the same units and many of the same units have different abilities from the original. Well, anyways, I've probably said enough but I think you can find the video I mentioned at www.ign.com or at www.gamespot.com

Keep it real...
blk3
It wil be nice to see anew Starcraft game after a longtime sonce the first one. But I hope they do more than just make a grphical upgrade like adding more campaigns or races. Bringing in more gameplay innovations for instance, hope it wont be just more of a new fles for old games. Lot of companys seems to be just making that changing 2d into 3d etc.
Ducksteina
I'm sooo looking forward to it!
I loved Starcraft: Broodwar and played it for a very long time.

I know it's nearly impossible to create a better game, but I trust in Blizzard. Even if they screw the balance and the multiplayer, I'd just buy the game for the singleplayer and all the funmaps that fans will create.

I hope it gets released as soon as possible! Smile
Geminh
Damn, after a whole decade of waiting! It's about time too. Not saying that I don't enjoy playing Starcraft anymore, but its time to play something that's different in the Starcraft world.
nomis
Damn i look foward to this,,
Gagnar The Unruly
I don't usually look forward to video games anymore, but this is one that I'm excited about. It makes me want to dig around and see if I have an old copy of SC and Brood Wars laying around.
Sparda
I am really looking forwards to this game. I sure would like to play a more advanced starcraft. It will probally be a good one with all the great stuff out there today.
lvhoang
okay... so...

I am a fan of BW, and SC2 is very different, maybe there is more strategy on it, judging from the videos on youtube I saw.
Satori
Starcraft 2 looks pretty sweet! Blizzard surely won't disappoint us with this game. In fact, I've always been happy with the quality of their games. All of the Warcraft games kicked ass. I saw someone post in this thread about not liking Warcraft 3 and I can't even imagine why. They said something about it being too much like an rpg, but it really only has a couple rpg elements and at it's core is a solid rts game.

Now I haven't played WOW, but I've heard it's a pretty sweet game. I don't really play MMORPGs anymore, but if I did, I'd consider WOW. But WOW aside, Blizzard has always been producing solid rts games, with the original Starcraft being one of the best. And if Warcraft 2 and 3 say anything about their sequels, then Starcraft 2 will certainly kick ass.

I for one am looking forward to it!
eLto
blk3 wrote:
It wil be nice to see anew Starcraft game after a longtime sonce the first one. But I hope they do more than just make a grphical upgrade like adding more campaigns or races. Bringing in more gameplay innovations for instance, hope it wont be just more of a new fles for old games. Lot of companys seems to be just making that changing 2d into 3d etc.

Why would they add more races? The balance of three is perfect in a lot of strategy games. For instance: Starcraft(duhh), Command and Conquer Generals, Command And Conquer 3, Warcraft 3 and so forth. It's alway better to have 3 races/factions than 4. It's just simply more balanced that way, believe it or not.
XeiLioN
Ah, good old Starcraft. I used to sit and play that game so seriously for a number of years when I was younger lol.

SC2 looks like it's going to be a hit, I've always been a big fan of Blizzard games, although I've never really played much of WoW, Warcraft III IMO was a great game. I can't imagine the gameplay with SC2!
QrafTee
eLto wrote:
blk3 wrote:

Why would they add more races? The balance of three is perfect in a lot of strategy games. For instance: Starcraft(duhh), Command and Conquer Generals, Command And Conquer 3, Warcraft 3 and so forth. It's alway better to have 3 races/factions than 4. It's just simply more balanced that way, believe it or not.

Human, Orc, Undead, Night Elves... WarCraft III has 4 races. And adding races wouldn't be bad at all as you've just... proven. But I do think 5 races would be difficult to handle/balance.
Patriot Players
Adding races could be cool would provide something fresh. Disappointed to hear they would close the old bnet servers, I can understand why they are doing it but they willl probably have a lot of problems with unhappy players. Then again Im sure it wont be long before emulated servers are up for the old starcraft games.
medievalman26
It looks so promising right now. I still like the intro they had for a while

Hell its about time!

That by itself rocks.
ddukki
I'm playing Starcraft right now with my cousin after not having played it for 2 or so years. It's getting to the point where I KINDA remember how to play. I don't know if I'm excited for the sequel yet, but the trailer is amazing. Maybe I should wait for a demo, or a beta version.
medievalman26
I still think it is hilarious that so many people started playing starcraft again just because they are making #2. Where were you guys all these past 10 years? I have not really stopped playing it completely so I still play what are you gonna do about it?
glmagalhaes
The game seems to be great Shocked , I think I will start to save money to buy a computer that can play that!!!!
jcnet
My KIND ADVICE, PLEASE USE THIS RARELY... PLAY GAMES WITHOUT CHEATS... I'LL BE REALLY NICE..

StarCraft Game Cheats..

Cheat Result
------------------------------------
man over game - Makes you win
noglues - Enemy can't use magic
zerg(mission #) - Zerg mission select
protoss(mission #) - Protoss mission select
terran(mission #) - Terran mission select
power overwhelming - invicibility/god mode
show me the money - vespene and minerals
black sheep wall - see all map
game over man - lose level
there is no cow level - win level
whats mine is mine - minerals
breathe deep - vespene
something for nothing - all upgrades
operation cwal - build fast
staying alive - play after level over
medieval man - gives free upgrades
modify the phase variance - build any building
war aint what it used to be - disable fog of war
food for thought - build more units than posible
the gathering - no enargy use
ophelia - than type terran#,zerg# and
protoss# to skip to that level

StarCraft - Blood War

Code Result
--------------------------------------
black sheep wall - entire map revealed
breathe deep - gives you 500 vespene gas
Food for thought - ability to build units beyond
the support limit
game over man - instant loss
man over game - instant win
medieval man - gives free upgrades to units
modify the phase variance - gain ability to build any building,
regardless of requirements
speldin - a more powerful terran nation
asstroids - lots of money
Operation CWAL - speed up construction of buildings
and units
ophelia - Enter this to enable level skipping
cheat. Then enter the mission you want
to skip to (i.e. terran10, Zerg5,
Protoss7, etc.) to go there
Power overwhelming - God Mode
Radio free zerg - Zerg song (must be playing Zerg)
Show me the money - gain 10,000 gas and 10,000 minerals.
something for nothing - everything available is upgraded
staying alive - prevents the mission from ending
due to victory or defeat
the gathering - gain unlimited energy to all casting
units
there is no cow level - completes current mission
war ain't what it used to be - no fog of war
whats mine is mine - gives you 500 minerals
terran - Terran mission select
zerg - Zerg mission select
protoss - Protoss mission select
dac_nip
I'm pretty excited about these. Watched the demo on youtube and it looks exciting. I heard that it will be available before the year ends. I hope this time, they are going to release it.
QrafTee
dac_nip wrote:
I'm pretty excited about these. Watched the demo on youtube and it looks exciting. I heard that it will be available before the year ends. I hope this time, they are going to release it.

I think it's scheduled for an '08-'09 release... I think the latter.
Kitten Kong
Yeah don't get too excited, this game is still a LOOOONG way off, the release date is years away and Blizzard is nearly as bad as Valve when it comes to timely releasing of their games.

But of course it IS Starcraft and it is make by Blizzard so it is almost guarunteed to be an awesome game that we are all going to play for a long long time.

But I think I'll finish building my time machine before this actually comes out.
Guelila
Starcraft II is going to be soo awsome!!
I have been playing starcraft for over 5 years now, and I still am fond of it!
You get bored from time to time, but it tends to keep its taste I guess.
I cant wait for the second one to finally come out!
I've seen the previews and the new units look awesome at the moment!!
medievalman26
instantpaypalcash.com wrote:
My son is 10 years old and he plays starcraft all the time.

I am glad to hear that starcraft2 is coming out.

I may have missed it on this thread but does anyone have a date?

They are still in Alpha testing so it is a very long way from being completed and they have said many times that they have not set a release date because they do not know when it will be finished at this time. If you want updates you should go and check regularly on blizzard.com since they would have the most up to date information.

Just in case anyone doesn't know what alpha testing is the following is from
wikipedia

"Alpha testing is simulated or actual operational testing by potential users/customers or an independent test team at the developers' site. Alpha testing is often employed for off-the-shelf software as a form of internal acceptance testing, before the software goes to beta testing. "

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alpha_testing#Test_levels[/url]
QrafTee
medievalman26 wrote:
instantpaypalcash.com wrote:
My son is 10 years old and he plays starcraft all the time.

I am glad to hear that starcraft2 is coming out.

I may have missed it on this thread but does anyone have a date?

They are still in Alpha testing so it is a very long way from being completed and they have said many times that they have not set a release date because they do not know when it will be finished at this time. If you want updates you should go and check regularly on blizzard.com since they would have the most up to date information.

Just in case anyone doesn't know what alpha testing is the following is from
wikipedia

"Alpha testing is simulated or actual operational testing by potential users/customers or an independent test team at the developers' site. Alpha testing is often employed for off-the-shelf software as a form of internal acceptance testing, before the software goes to beta testing. "

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alpha_testing#Test_levels[/url]

Actually in the latest issue of Games for Windows, it's said that Starcraft II hasn't even started alpha testing just yet... something called pre-Alpha testing, rather.
jonnyr
Anyone hear about the World of Warcraft and Diablo movies that are in the making?
medievalman26
jonnyr wrote:
Anyone hear about the World of Warcraft and Diablo movies that are in the making?
Hey stay on topic. No changing the subject on us here. Now has anyone aside from me seen the "actual" gameplay footage that PC Gamer magazine had in their Starcraft 2 edition? I thought for how far along Blizzard is it looks awesome. PM me with your email if you want to see it I have it saved on my computer at home.
xonage
i'm really looking forward to it.

I never played part one, but i liked warcraft 3 a lot. and i think its not that different
zona-cs
Cool i wold like to play starcraft 2 i play starctaft 1 and broodwars
m-productions
Its so unfair, everyone at blizzcon is going to be able to play a fully working version of SC2!! not only this, they get a beta key for an upcoming blizzard game (that they are hinting at will be D3) Id do anything to go to blizzcon... but it sold out in 2 days!! and I cant even find a ticket on ebay (and even if i did, they are $100 normal..so on ebay ... i dont even want ot think about it).

Also im not sure how old this "alpha" news is, but very soon they are planning to have closed beta, (invite only to very few people) no word, (not even a hint) on when (or if even there will be) and open beta this time around.
zyferneo
Starcraft 2 rocks! can't wait till it's released! Very Happy Does anybody know when it will be released?! I'm dying for that day...wahhhhhh....
rayx
I'm looking forward for this one. This game is completely in full 3d form. I already see some preview of the game on youtube and it is stunning.
BiZNatch
One things for sure, we all think it's going to be one heck of a game. I can't wait either. Many people still play the original Starcraft and it's been 10 years since it came out. Can't beat the classics. Very Happy
medievalman26
m-productions wrote:
Its so unfair, everyone at blizzcon is going to be able to play a fully working version of SC2!! not only this, they get a beta key for an upcoming blizzard game (that they are hinting at will be D3) Id do anything to go to blizzcon... but it sold out in 2 days!! and I cant even find a ticket on ebay (and even if i did, they are $100 normal..so on ebay ... i dont even want ot think about it).

Also im not sure how old this "alpha" news is, but very soon they are planning to have closed beta, (invite only to very few people) no word, (not even a hint) on when (or if even there will be) and open beta this time around.

Um I really don't think you understand what Alpha/Beta testing is, let me put it this way. Alpha testing means they have a working game but everything is subject to change. Beta testing is after Alpha and is when the game is done and they are testing it for errors and bugs. Also in Beta there is little to change they are doing minor repairs on it. So yes they are still in Alpha testing until they say otherwise on their site. Also about Blizcon, the tickets never were on ebay.

zyferneo wrote:
Starcraft 2 rocks! can't wait till it's released! Very Happy Does anybody know when it will be released?! I'm dying for that day...wahhhhhh....
Again just read the posts before yours people so we don't have hundreds of these kinds of questions. Let me say it...again They don't have a release date set yet look on their page on blizzard.com
mattchun
It would be one year's waiting to play this game.
zyferneo
I think starcraft was (and still i guess) , as far as i know the MOST balanced RTS game there is! I'm so excited for its release however it seems that the wait will be long, Blizzard is still focusing on the PROTOSS (a race in the game), I've seen their demo in gamespot and it was AMAZING Very Happy and all I can say is it's worht the wait!

chill out!
gametap
I haven't played my copy of Starcraft 1 for a while now... I'm pretty good... the first time I played my friend said that what I did was uber good... I was terran and had like 200 terran marines that I sent out to kill my friend the first 30 minutes...

It's fun and I can't wait till I get starcraft 2! Go Blizzard yay!!! Very Happy
Scott

New terran unit named Thor. Looks incredible! So huge. I'm really excited about this game.

hofodomo01
Lol I'll definitely be spamming this game once I go to college Wink

I might actually have to buy a legit copy this time....CD keys only come from real copies! I wonder how long it will take before we have "Starcraft 2 gosus" again....will it still be the Koreans, I wonder? Confused
vaoger
wow..
when does it going to released..
cant wait for it...
medievalman26
vaoger wrote:
wow..
when does it going to released..
cant wait for it...

Sigh...why are so many people so stupid. Excuse my harshness but read the damn posts before yours di'kut's let me answer again this time directly from their site.
Quote:
When is the game coming out?

At this point, it's too early to provide an initial estimate on the release date. As with all Blizzard games, we will take as much time as needed to ensure the game is as fun, balanced, and polished as possible.
Kitten Kong
ooooh Starcraft 2, Starcraft is one of the few games that old that still gets dusted off occasionally. I am excited because since Diablo 1 Blizzard has never let me down. Even as sick as i am of grinding through WoW I cannot deny the fun it has brought.
Geminh
Lmao I remember when i stayed up until like 6:00am just to hear the LiveCast on my favourite starcraft fan site teamliquid.net. Once I heard that Starcraft II was the new game i'm like wow frigging sexy stuff =p. Anyways the graphics look really improved. I'm really interested in how the balance of the game is going to be. Some people complain about the balance of the game. But in my opinion I feel that it is quite balanced. I hope Starcraft2 turns out to be successful as it's predecessor.
medievalman26
I think most of have similar hopes for the game none more so than Blizzard does.
dolly983
wow cool game
lamtung
uhm , it 's very interesting , but i thing my Pc is too weak to play it Crying or Very sad
medievalman26
They have not yet said what system requirements because it is not even close to completion. So you really can' say that your system won't be able to handle it yet.
hofodomo01
Seems like maybe it'll have C&C3-ish standards? Ugh wish I didn't buy a laptop lol....
medievalman26
Ok, it is official they are now in alpha testing.
enygmasoft
Me and starcraft will have a great time. I have nice sony LCD TV to plug ino the computer, To do the eye candy justice. I wonder if the Video card can keep up with 1080P Resolution. We shall see how well it does.