FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Problem installing Media Wiki

dwinton
I had no problem uploading the media wiki 1.6.10 files. I went to wintonation.frih.net/wiki and hit 'setup wiki' but nothing happened. It claimed it couldn't write the config files and I had to make them editable.

I don't know how they aren't editable. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Below is the message.
Quote:
MediaWiki 1.6.10 Installation
Can't write config file, aborting

In order to configure the wiki you have to make the config subdirectory writable by the web server. Once configuration is done you'll move the created LocalSettings.php to the parent directory, and for added safety you can then remove the config subdirectory entirely.

To make the directory writable on a Unix/Linux system:

cd /path/to/wiki
chmod a+w config

LukeakaDanish
CHMOD them to 777 (if you're using a ftp client right click the required files and change the chmod value, in the file manager,...figure it out for yourself i dont remember how,...Wink

NONETHELESS: I'm quite certain you wont be able to make it work, coz afaik mediaWiki takes PHP5, which frihost currently does NOT offer.

Hope that helped
dwinton
I have resolved one issue. Should I enter localhost for the location of the MySQL server?
LukeakaDanish
have you changed the chmod of the file?
swizzy
You can try a older version of MewdiaWiki for a flawless installation (1.6.0 is not going to work under any circumstances here). But watch out for security, you compromise on security by choosing an old version