FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Anyone here play the Harmonica?

.xAssassin
I want to learn how to play, and I sort of can, but I need tabs.
wlb
Harmonica swept through childhood, it was not too specialized practice. Now there is no interest in the love .
poly
Yeah I used to play the harmonica, but I stopped after some years, as I had better things to do then. It was fun though, although I was never really good.
agustin
I ve got one but I dont know how to play it. Sorry.
Insanity
I've just bought one, and I'm dumbfounded on how to play this thing.
nimo
hi mate, i need to know which kind you bought. there are a few basic types of harmonicas:
1. regular ("diatonic") harp - has notes in only one scale (usually C major). these are cheap so i imagine you got one of these to start with.
2. chromatic harp - has a button at the side which enables you to play all the possible notes. if you never press the button it can function as a diatonic harp.

this is a pretty simple explanation, if you want a more thourough explanation- wikipedia is your friend Smile

I'd try to play some really simple tunesby ear, such as "mary had a little lamb", "row your boat", "bingo was his name-o" or the piano melody from the movie "big". you don't have to be very exact in order to play these. if you succeed, tell me and i'll tell you a bit more.
froginabox
I know how.... not well, but I can play some camp tunes on it.
spinout
I can play a little blues harp. Got a shure green bullet tank microphone n a tape echo - all plugged in to a fender bassman 4x10. But I seldom play - my favorite piece I like to do is Rod piazzas version of rockin robin - simple n very fun! Listen to that song if you got the chance.