FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Dungens and Dragons

pertra
Dungens and Dragons ROCKS!!! you can do any thing you want no madder what it is you can do it if you deside to. make up youre own story and be any thing you want if the dm lets you. buy books and have fun.
azbuky
Interesting game, I will try it out.
Vrythramax
I was involved with D&D and AD&D years ago, I even got RPGA Certified. I kind of thought the game had pretty much fallen off in poularity. With so many RPG's available for the PC (I personally don't like them), not many people have the interest in keeping charctor sheets and actually taking the time to learn about their charactors abilities, nor actually going out and buying the appropriate dice....or actually rolling up new charactors and keeping track of them.

Nice to see this game has not died off completely. Smile
Kelcey
I almost got into it when I was a kid. Never got into it fully though. A lot of my coworkers play it...
Manus et Therion
I run a D&D 3.0 campaign. We meet twice a month (usually) and play all Saturday way into the night. I have three core players who are guaranteed to come and then a satellite group of players who come and go as they find the time. There was one game I had actually a full party of ten players attending. Man! That was a mess.

Right now we are running a campaign I designed called "Liar's Dance." It is an incursion style story, involving Orcus and the denizens of Thanatos invading the Material Plane. There's a related plot about re-establishing the ancient Elven Empire and a lost masterpiece song (ala Dragon Magazine's "Masterpiece Music" idea that makes songs actual magical artifacts). A sub-plot, somewhat related to the main story, is the hunt for a liche lord.

I love Dungeons & Dragons, and the Third Edition was just a fantastic re-invention of the game. Wizards of the Coast did us all a great favor when they bought the rights to the game and then released it under the new Open Gaming License banner. My players aren't interested in learning to convert everything to the 3.5 edition, but I've been slowly throwing in some of the changes as "House Rules" because I did invest in all those books too and all the current support material is being published in 3.5 style.
blue77
I like the games about the dragons and I will try this.
eLto
you DO know that it's pen and paper, and not a PC game, right?

I like D&D, but my group was too intense. It was nearly every day, so I had no time to do all the other stuff I do. It was fun though, I had a lvl 9 Elf Druid and kicked ass Smile
Lusiphur
I used to love Tabletop DnD.

Had a group of close friends that met up every Sunday to play, chill and whatever.

Work came in the way as always though and we drifted apart. TBH I miss playing with them all, was a good way to rewind and I found attacking things a great hang over cure Smile

What was your favourite aspect of the game?

I preferred character generation to playing the game, I was a self admitted power player. I loved number crunching to get the best possible results. But then would never play the character as I didn't like playing that power lvl Razz

Heh, me and my mates still talk about encounters we had in game that made us laugh.

Damn this topic, it's made me nostalgic and misty eyed. ******.
medievalman26
Vrythramax wrote:
I was involved with D&D and AD&D years ago, I even got RPGA Certified. I kind of thought the game had pretty much fallen off in poularity. With so many RPG's available for the PC (I personally don't like them), not many people have the interest in keeping charctor sheets and actually taking the time to learn about their charactors abilities, nor actually going out and buying the appropriate dice....or actually rolling up new charactors and keeping track of them.

Nice to see this game has not died off completely. Smile

Yep and it is still so much fun. I did some real stupid moves I will share them for everyone else's merriment and my embarrassment. I bottlenecked my party and got all but one killed including myself and to top it off the fallen were turned into zombies. Heh heh oops Embarassed . The week after that I essential stood on the train tracks and watched the train hit me. Oh yes I felt oh so intelligent after that brilliant move suffice to say I died again. I surprised everyone including myself by living to fight another day in our next session and actually made it to the next level. I am declaring myself Captain Intelligence. (sarcasm rocks doesn't it?)
CMA
D&D player here, and currently working out stuff to make a campaign of my own. I'm in two different groups nowadays; one that joins up almost everyday online, holding two different campaigns at one (3.5e Dragonlance and 3.5e Forgotten Realms settings w/ oriental undertones) and another group that only joins a couple of times per month, though IRL (3.0e Core).

My characters right now are a male human Cleric (lvl 7), a female human Samurai (lvl 12) [class included in the Complete Warrior book] and a male elven bard (lvl 9). Used to have a male half-orc Monk (lvl 14) as well, but due to the end of the campaign he was on and the timeskip between that one and the following, it's assumed that he died of old age.

D&D can be quite fun to play, especially if you put your heart into your character and do some serious roleplaying. Sure, going around and doing mindless dungeon raids can be fun, but some lighthearted roleplaying on the side goes a long way into making a campaign much more interesting. From "friendly rivalries" between party members, holding late-night parties, pulling pranks and even flirting and getting engaged, my characters have seen a little bit of everything so far. My DM for the 3.5e campaigns was striving to keep everything R-Rated at most, but some of the player's actions lately seem to be pushing it a little... Laughing

Anyone with weird/funny experiences in campaigns you'd like to share?
sandyclaus
We play every tuesday night in a regular AD&D 1st Ed. game with vintage Ral Partha Minis!
BlackroseDigitalDesigns
I am a table-topper for life. I dont usually get into any video games until years after their release. Though I do despise the new fourth edition.
Sphaerenkern
I played The Black Eye for quite a while, but I lost interest because I don't like to play a role anymore. What I did like is "creating" own stories... so I stopped roleplaying, but now I write stories Smile
Also, the roleplaying in my group seemed not so great - they acted the same as if they just had the skills and the weapons, but kept their personality. But who can blame them for that...
BlackroseDigitalDesigns
I've got a great group of roleplayers. Were getting together to delve into the Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil tonight. Though I will make it my own of course, a lot of things need to be updated. Especially since we have a cleric, a ninja, a wu-jen, a monk and hexblade going in. Definitely needs some customization. It should be lots of fun. I am looking forward to DMing again since its been awhile.
kilotun
ya its a great. just being able to do what ever you want. no computer that gives yu 1 or maby 2 options to what you do. that what i like so much. how you could be in a big group thats going to do some mission and just decide to blow em all up. wich you could never do in pc games now adays. except a few rare ones. but they don't let you go agenst the story line. i love that Very Happy i like blowing ppl and all things up. even tho ime a monk. lol my bro was gonna make a pyrotechnic profession maby so i could have actual skills for making bombs and stuch. wich is another thing i like because you can make youre own game and have stuff like modern days. my favorite game wen we can sit down and acly play.
medievalman26
there is no 4.0, it doesn't exist