FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

electric guitar

pertra
i play the electric i can smoke on the water and some other cool stuff. its an ibanes geo. my bro has a band called THC The Higher Class thay ROCK. my bro started playing the bass so he gave me his guiter. i like playing but i kinda touchy about othere hearing i think i kinda suck but thay say it sounds good Smile. any one els play maby give me good sited with info on playing other cool stuff.
otiscom
The more you practice the better you'll be.

Stick at it and in no time you'll rock !
yazi_reloaded
Im a rocker too. Ive got an Ibanez RG350 and a slammer. I cant play many covers but ive written some of my own material! Glad to see a fellow rocker too!
Slammer
keep practising, practise makes perfect....old...but very true. and in no time you'll be rocking out without even thinking about it!
agustin
I got a electric guitar too! I used to play songs like somke on the water(deep purple) and some of Acdc ones... so im not a guitarrist but I like to play sometimes! Guitar is power!
Petee
Yeah! Other electric guitar players! I love playing guitar. I've got a Vantage Les Paul that I run through a half-broken multi-fx processor and an old Crate amp. It's just so much fun. I really like plugging in some headphones and playing at night when everyone else is sleeping. Razz I play mostly Boston and Rush songs.
KatanaSky
Some day I may pick up an electric but for now I'm quite content with my acoustic. I always loved the guitar. Drums interested me as well but not as much as the guitar. I am still a novice no doubt - but practicing a little bit every day helps I think. If given the opportunity to be in a band I think I'd be much comfortable with the position of rhythm guitar rather than lead - but that's just me.
DoctorBeaver
I've got an Ibanez Jem7 VWH & I love it!
paul_indo
I have an Aria strat copy which is nice. Used to have a real strat once, but sold it.
Had a nice black Ibanez acoustic till my freind left it out the back of my house one night and it got stolen.
Insanity
KatanaSky wrote:
Some day I may pick up an electric but for now I'm quite content with my acoustic. I always loved the guitar. Drums interested me as well but not as much as the guitar. I am still a novice no doubt - but practicing a little bit every day helps I think. If given the opportunity to be in a band I think I'd be much comfortable with the position of rhythm guitar rather than lead - but that's just me.

Same with me. Shredding solos on an electric is pretty tempting, but I think I'd prefer just playing rhythm on acoustic guitar. That way, you're free to sing lead or backing vocals if you need to, since playing rhythm guitar and singing is relatively simple.
eggg
I've been playing electric guitar since I was 14. I'm 22 now. I'm slowly developing a combined finger-picking/tapping style. Has anyone else gotten feddup with picks?
thealpha
pertra wrote:
i play the electric i can smoke on the water and some other cool stuff. its an ibanes geo. my bro has a band called THC The Higher Class thay ROCK. my bro started playing the bass so he gave me his guiter. i like playing but i kinda touchy about othere hearing i think i kinda suck but thay say it sounds good Smile. any one els play maby give me good sited with info on playing other cool stuff.

I am learning sweeping and tapping!
Here are my video site
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TB8O-MsuMyQ
BrookfieldPC
I'm trying to learn guitar too. I have a cheap FirstAct guitar from Walmart haha. I'm pretty much just rolling through tabs and messing with certain chords. Any suggestions from those who already know how to play?
ExplicitRyan
I play a Yamaha acoustic guitar. The strings are thicker and harder to play than electric. But for both guitars it's the same. The more you practise the better you get. Knowing notes and frets and chords is only one part of learning. The rest is all about practise. Sometimes I practise one song 45 minutes in a row before i even notice and improvement after 2-3 days.
carlospro7
I own a '96 fender stratocaster standard made in mexico. I've had for about five years or maybe six, and it's a great guitar.
bonestorm74
Ibanez are good guitars, my first one was an Ibanez RG 470. Nice fast neck and certainly looked the part.

I have since upgraded to a Gibson Les Paul Studio. This is THE guitar for me, it's perfect basically, from look to action to sound. Just a beautiful intrument and a joy to play.
pertra
that good to hear guys i will keep practicing but i am not good at just thumbing strings and making my own music i need some one to show me what to play then i can play it really good i cant make my own music. Sad