FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

FriH points...

ehecatl
I haven't been here in awhile I just started posting again a couple weeks ago and just now wrote a post long enough to receive 4 FriH points, however, I didn't just receive 4, I got 4.96... I always noticed before that the most you could get was 4, so just out of curiosity, when did it change that we could receive more than 4 points for one post?
wumingsden
ehecatl wrote:
I haven't been here in awhile I just started posting again a couple weeks ago and just now wrote a post long enough to receive 4 FriH points, however, I didn't just receive 4, I got 4.96... I always noticed before that the most you could get was 4, so just out of curiosity, when did it change that we could receive more than 4 points for one post?

An announcement was posted here a while ago.
ehecatl
Oh, thanks. Like I said, haven't been around in awhile. Is there also a post about the point of FriH points/dollars other than to be taken away one a day and given to other posters?
Vrythramax
ehecatl wrote:
Oh, thanks. Like I said, haven't been around in awhile. Is there also a post about the point of FriH points/dollars other than to be taken away one a day and given to other posters?

I'm not really sure I understand your question. If you are asking if the point deductions have changed...not they have not. The total points/Frih$ for a single post has been raised to a maximum of 5. Points are deducted (or rounded off) to a 45 point daily limit as always....and those points, and also your Frih$, are never given to anyone else. You alone control your Frih$, and only you have the right to donate them to another user.

Points remain non-transferable. I hope this answers your question.
ehecatl
Yeah, that's close enough, I understand. Thank you! Smile
tribe
I appreciate Frihost raising the point level to 5. I try to make some longer posts to gain points, and now I can receive 5 points for them.

Can anyone tell me what I can do with all the FRIHOST Dollars?>
ocalhoun
tribe wrote:
I appreciate Frihost raising the point level to 5. I try to make some longer posts to gain points, and now I can receive 5 points for them.

Can anyone tell me what I can do with all the FRIHOST Dollars?>

You can spend them in the marketplace, start contests with them, move the priority of your site up in the directory, or hoard them for eventual use when you can use them for more things.
Srs2388
It does encourage longer, higher quality post's though.
It would be cool if you could buy stuff with the points Cool
Vrythramax
There are plans where you could do more things with your FRIH$, but these things take time to establish...and not to mention code into the working of Frihost.

Your points themselves are there to earn you Free Web Hosting.
vonboy
i didn't feel like starting my own topic, and this sounded close enough to me to go in here, so ya.

when i was on this site about a year ago i thought there were different hosting plans, and the higher hosting plans would take away more points a day, like 5 or something. did they ever have this, and if they did, do they still do?
Vrythramax
vonboy wrote:
i didn't feel like starting my own topic, and this sounded close enough to me to go in here, so ya.

when i was on this site about a year ago i thought there were different hosting plans, and the higher hosting plans would take away more points a day, like 5 or something. did they ever have this, and if they did, do they still do?

Please see the post above yours...plans are in the works.
McDucque
It's hard for me to get off a 5 point post, my brain doesnt wanna function for that long a time when I'm on here.

I'm sure its posted all over the place somewhere, but whats the rate in which points go down?

Thanks in advance.
Vrythramax
McDucque wrote:
It's hard for me to get off a 5 point post, my brain doesnt wanna function for that long a time when I'm on here.

I'm sure its posted all over the place somewhere, but whats the rate in which points go down?

Thanks in advance.

I am not exactly sure of the rate, but not every post needs to be a 5 pointer to be of quality, and some 5 point posts are lousy. Sometimes you can add much to the topic matter in just a few sentences...making it a quality post.

Frihost respects quality over quantity. Smile
tidruG
There's a Points/FRIH# FAQ in the Announcements forum.
Please check it out.

-close-