FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Crysis

Crosser
Hi guys, I just wanted to know more about the greatly anticipated game called Crysis. Discuss your point of views about the graphics, requirements, gameplay, etc...
reddishblue
We have a games forum. Go there.
spykE
Well it looks superb, it seems to play superb and system requirements are still nice I assume though I hope it doesn't look too ugly when you run it on medium only Laughing
Packfan104L4
I'm into keeping up with the hot games, and I've never heard of Crysis before. Must not be as highly anticipated as you t hink
Sharpie
I've never heard of it either and even though I really don't pay to much attention to them I normally know about them within in days of them letting themselves known.

Do you have a website or something that we can go to?
schmidi
ok, Crysis is the successor of Far Cry... from Crytek

This game will be absolutely fantastic... believe me. The story and the
unbelievable game engine are the two important things about this game. You need a Directx 10-Card in your PC and Windows Vista running on your PC. But then, you see something, what you have never seen before. This game was created by a team from germany. So it is worth to play it. Nvidia makes commercial with this game.
datter
If you haven't seen the trailers, tech demos and other vids of Crysis, you're really missing out. Take a look here and you'll get a good feel for what the game is all about, and how spectacular it looks.

Granted the system requirement are likely going to be fairly steep, in fact I don't think there is any way my current system (P4, 2.8ghz, 1.5gb ram, nvidia 7600gs) will play it properly. It will play FarCry at max detail and high res just fine, but Crysis looks to have taken things to a whole new level, graphically speaking anyway.

One of the vids on the site linked above shows one of the devs walking through the engine capabilities and also showing how the map maker works. It's really very impressive stuff.

There are some good fan sites, like this one and this one, as well as the official site at EA over here, and finally the developers site here.

Take a peek if you haven't already, I bet you'll be impressed.

datter
Crosser
It was previously mentioned that the game would need a directx 10 graphics card but that is not necessary. The fact is that this is the first game that supports directx 10. The game would run fine on a directx 9 graphics card like the 7800 GTX.
Also, the game is built to support 64-bit operating systems like Windows XP Professional 64-bit or Windows Vista 64-bit. Again, having a 64-bit operating system is not a requirement.
Check out the following screenshots. They compare real world photos with the game graphics.

For more screenshots go to :
http://www.gamershell.com/pc/crysis/screenshots.html?id=160
schmidi
Crysis will be the next generation of graphics...
People from 26 nations worked on this game...
Release is probably the end of 2007.
Packfan104L4
Too bad promotional screenshots are on the best system ever created and are never actually in the real game...

That's the only thing I hate about promotional crap.
Kitten Kong
so long as the AI isn't as dumb as a post.
Packfan104L4
Come on, you know it was fun half hiding behind a tree yet somehow the AI couldn't see you at all!
spykE
Crosser wrote:
It was previously mentioned that the game would need a directx 10 graphics card but that is not necessary. The fact is that this is the first game that supports directx 10. The game would run fine on a directx 9 graphics card like the 7800 GTX.
Also, the game is built to support 64-bit operating systems like Windows XP Professional 64-bit or Windows Vista 64-bit. Again, having a 64-bit operating system is not a requirement.
Check out the following screenshots. They compare real world photos with the game graphics.

For more screenshots go to :
http://www.gamershell.com/pc/crysis/screenshots.html?id=160

Amazing! Haven't seen those screenshots yet. Thanks Wink.
darkmetal123
Try to download the trailers and gameplay videos of crysis. They must be on gamespot.com. Only then you would know the graphics, effects, sounds, gameplay, etc.

I have checked a few videos. One of them had a minigun shooting at enemies in the middle of the jungle, very interesting.
mynameis
Ok yes great graphics... but this game isn't surposed to be comming out 4 years and don't you need a Direct X10 Graphics Card?? and aren't they predicted to be lots of its not just downloading dx10..

Edit: FarCry Games are always Great games I remember buying the original FarCry on pc..
Kelcey
The game looks amazing... hopefully I'll be able to get a cheap 8800 by the time it comes out and hopefully run it.
blk3
The graphics are amazing its hard to tell at first glance which is the game shot and which is the real world shot. As for system requirements very steep, good graphics indeed come with a price. As for gameplay were gonna have to wait for it to relased and actually tested. I was actually thinking that this game will be just for eye candy only, but then again if the graphics quality matches the gameplay then we have a clear winner here. It will certainly raise the bar in computer game graphics.
vrock
Crysis is a highly anticipated PC shooter, mostly because of its stunning visuals. But the better they look, the more demanding they are, any PC gamer will tell you that.
Therefore I searched for the system requirements and I found the following expected system requirements:
Quote:
Minimum Requirements

CPU: Athlon 64 3000+/Intel 2.8ghz
Graphics: Nvidia 6600/X800GTO (SM 2.0)
RAM: 768Mb/1Gb on Windows Vista
HDD: 6GB
Internet: 256k+
Optical Drive: DVD
Software: DX9.0c with Windows XP

Recommended Requirements

CPU: Dual-core CPU (Athlon X2/Pentium D)
Graphics: Nvidia 7800GTX/ATI X1800XT (SM 3.0) or DX10 equivalent
RAM: 1.5Gb
HDD: 6GB
Internet: 512k+ (128k+ upstream)
Optical Drive: DVD
Software: DX10 with Windows Vista

<James007>USE QUOTE TAGS! [added]</James007>
gtherockgod
I doubt my PC will be able to run this game worth a crap, which is a shame because I was a big fan of the original Far Cry game. Maybe we'll get a graphically dumbed-down 360 port.
panic15
The game looks awesome, cant wait for it.
vrock
According to Crysis website, it will still run on older PC's, but will take great advantage of new stuff such as DirectX 10 and multi-core CPUs.

You will need a DirectX 9/Shader Model 2.0 (or higher) compatible graphics card.
Single core, Dual core, Multi-core and multi-threaded/hyperthreading processors are supported in both 32-bit and 64-bit modes.

Latest Crytek statement: An "Inter Core 2 Duo E6600 (or AMD equibalent), 2GB of memory, and either a Radeon HD 2900XT with 512MB of memory or a Geforece 8800GTS with 640MB of memory" computer is "well-within [Crytek's] plans". However, Crysis is expected to scale back to three-year-old hardware, as well as the next-generation hardware. (Maximum PC, October 2007 Edition)
jugalm9
Here's what I found about the requirements to run crysis. It was posted originally on megagames here
http://megagames.com/news/html/pc/crysisnot-finalminimumrequirementsflashed.shtml
Quote:

For a few hours, EA Store revealed Crysis Minimum requirements before it was removed.

Crytek Community Manager Alexander Marschal clarified the matter: "Just to let you know the system requirements have been removed from the EA Store page. The release was accidental and in addition to that these are NOT the final system requirements for Crysis. We are still working on optimizing the game and cannot name the final specs at this stage.

We will inform the community as soon as we have finished our work and have a clear view how the minimum requirements for Crysis will look like."

Here are the Minimum System Requirements that have been removed:
CPU: Intel P4 2.8Ghz or AMD equivalent
RAM: 1GB
Video Card: 6800GT (256mb) or ATI/AMD Radeon 9800 Pro (256mb)
HDD Space: 16GB
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c Compatible
Agent ME
So... is there actually good gameplay to it? All I've seen of it everywhere are screenies of its graphics - if I want real-life graphics, I'm going to go to google and search for "omfg hi-res beaches" and watch a slideshow.
spykE
I wish I wasn't stuck with this AGP-system I have right now. I got a X1950Pro AGP but my processor is only a 3.6Ghz Northwood overclocked, I wish I could get it overclocked to around 4Ghz, then I might be sure to play it decently maybe. Btw those system requirements aren't official yet!
Deanmc
Is it good to overclock anything. I mean does it reduce the processors life time? I too want to play Crysis but my computer doesn't have the requirements. tough luck, I know.
Kelcey
My friends have said that it's pretty fun... but nothing amazing gameplay wise. Of course they said it looks great.
catscratches
Graphics: 10/10
Gameplay: 0/10

ForceRun
If your computer won't play the game overclosking won't do you any good. It is time upgrade. If you can play the game but not with high settings then overclocking your GPU or graphic's card will let you play with a higher settings or slightly better frame rates.

I have a question: Who that bought Crysis is still playing now? As nice as Crysis is, the multiplayer sucks, they didn't spend anytime on it and it shows. TF2, came out before Crysis, and I'm still play that, COD4 same deal. It goes to show that Crysis tanked because the devoloper skiped the selling feature of the game the multiplayer.
Fire Boar
My computer died whilst trying to process even the screenshots. I daren't try Crysis...
marrs
I think Cyrsis is better than half life 2 and the story was great also it draged a bit around the end,it was getting a little repattative but I completed it without any cheats then returned to the game later with a super chargered man!

Great game and I was very supprised how wiell it ran on my 2yr old pc!
Coclus
Unfortunately my lap top is not good enough to play it on anything else than worst graphics.. consequently it was not that much of an enlightenment..
jackill
Now I have proper hardware to play Crysis: http://jackill.frih.net/screenshot0001.jpg

Averange 40fps Smile But game itself is, in my opinion rather boring and linear. Only stunning graphics and nice suit gadgets/options make it fun to play. Half Life 2 was far more amusing Smile