FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Favorite resturant

Gates
Just wondering what everyones favorite restaurant is and why, im talking like Apple bees, Long horns, Ruby Tuesdays. places like that.
Dakafall
There is a little Chinese place where I live, its called Jade Garden, it is very very good! If you guys are every down by where I live go there!
Davidgr1200
There's an Indian restaurant just across the road from here which is very good and cheap. 60 Swedish kronor for lunch (about $3.50).
Traveller
Favourite restaurants:
  • Hungarian Village (Daytona Beach, FL) - Incredible, authentic, yet inexpensive Hungarian cuisine. Unfortunately, closed, since the elderly, Hungarian couple who ran it (and did most of the cooking - no wonder it was authentic) retired due to their age.
  • Maison et Jardin (Altamonte Springs, FL) - Top-notch French restaurant with impeccable service. Expect to drop $$$ there, but well worth it.
  • La Crepe en Haut (Ormond Beach, FL) - Another fine French place. Their crab cakes are a must!
  • The Dillard House (Dillard, GA) - Family-style, all-you-can-eat restaurant with scrumptious Southern food. "Family-style," here, refers not only to the cooking, but also to the fact that there is NO menu - they just put one of everything onto the table and let you pass them around as you would at your family's dining table. If something starts to run low, they bring out more until you tell them to stop. After that, they bring out the peach cobbler, a-la-mode, which is also all you can eat.
  • Vickers Tavern (Exton, PA) - The Pennsylvania, country-inn restaurants are wonderful. There's even a cookbook available featuring many of them.
  • Duling-Kurtz House (Exton, PA) - Another Pennsylvania inn, also in Exton, but not all of them are in Exton, and it is well worth it to explore the many that the general, Philadelphia area has to offer.
  • Far Pavilion (Orlando, FL) - Of all the Indian restaurants in the Orlando, THIS is the one to which my Indian friends would go, and it's also less expensive than most of the others. The vindaloo is fantastic!
  • Mango Tango (La Ceiba, Honduras) - Well, I should include at least one restaurant from where I currently live, and this is one of the best - good prices, too: a pair of chuletas (pork chops) with beans, rice, and tajadas (fried plantain chips) is less than $5.

Okay, but what about chains? Some of them can be quite good restaurants, though most cannot come close to individual restaurants such as the ones above. Here, then, are a few comments about some of the better chains:
  • Wolfgang Puck's Cafés - What can I say? I used to cook for one of these, so I know it is more than just a typical chain, and bears the name of the chef who caters the Academy Awards parties, etc. This chain is far above any other. My favourite dish there: Chicken Pad Thai.
  • Orlando (and other FL locations) Ale House - Great food that is consistently good each time and in each of their locations. It is impossible to get a bad meal there unless you deliberately order something you don't like. My two favourite meals there are the "Big Red" sandwich (a whole chicken breast cooked as you would Buffalo wings, covered with melted cheese, the served on a sandwich with lettuce and tomato. No other restaurant's "Buffalo chicken sandwich" even comes close. My other favourite is the Cajun Chicken Pasta: wonderful pasta and chicken in a nicely spicy, creamy sauce.
  • Carrabba's - Hard to choose between the Chicken Bryan and the Pollo Rosa Maria. One of the best chains for properly seasoning the olive oil in which you dip your bread (especially contrasted with Macaroni Grill, which adds no oregano, basil, etc. - just a couple twists of the pepper mill).
  • Buca di Beppo - Unusual theme, but superb food. Remember that a single entrée is intended to feed four or five people, so don't make the mistake of ordering a separate entrée for each person!
  • Fazoli's - Yes, believe it or not, an Italian fast-food joint makes the list. Not only that, my native-Italian friends prefer Fazoli's (and Buca di Beppo) WAY more than Olive Garden. They consider Olive Garden to be a joke, and so do I, although some of the food there IS good - just nothing like Buca or Fazoli's.
  • Red, Hot and Blue - Incredible, blues-themed barbecue restaurant chain. The ribs with the dry rub are an absolute must. For lunch, get the pulled-pork sandwich.
  • Checkers (a.k.a. "Rally's" in some regions) - Forget MacDonald's, Wendy's, and Burger King (even more, forget Krystal and Sonic) - Checkers is the best of the fast-food-burger joints.

One more note: Pizza? If you MUST go to a chain, just go with the one you like. Otherwise, it has been my experience that the best pizza places in the States are the individual places - especially the ones run by Greeks, NOT by Italians.
ehecatl
I like Fazoli's, Olive Garden, Applebee's (I waitress there... lol), Gino's, and steakhouses ^_^
silverdown
I mostly ever to is to Olive Garden , Applebees,Rio Bravo,Denny's.
dz9c
TGI FRIDAYS ALL THE WAY! im from rhode island btw. just in case none of u heard of it and it may be a restaurant only around here
[FuN]goku
theres this steakhouse around where i live... its called crofters.... theyre steak is soooooooo goood.... and theres another place down the road from that called jungle jims... best damn chicken wings... i ate 2 pounds there once... with suicide hot sauce... man that was acutally my b-day
windrei
i am not in the United States so for most of the restaurants you mentioned, i never heard about them.... i am in hong kong. In fact, i do not have any specific favourite restaurants, as i like going to try new tastes always. But i do have restaurants that i go often. It's Bistro Délifrance. i think the food quite suits me and i like the environment there, so relaxed and the seats are not too closed. i dont like a restaurant with the seats very closed to each other, seems that being monitored by the neighbour customers....
Zombie
I don't know if Arby's counts as a restaurant but if it does, I choose you Arby's! I love their sandwiches, and they have good onion rings. Most of all though, I love the Jamocha Shakes!
meet in rio
Wong Kei, a few minutes' walk from Leicester square. It's not at all up-market but the food is yummy, dirt cheap and served in large portions. Service is amazingly efficient given the size of the place (there are, what... four floors?) and they don't have any problem serving you stuff which doesn't appear on te menu.

As for chain restaurants...

I also love Wagamama. Huge portions, great atmosphere and delicious food.

Jimmy Chung's is great for the buffet, although I've not seen it outside of Scotland.

And Browns. Browns is good.
carlokes
Hi there,

Every week or so I go to a small Japanese restaurant (called Kitakata) near where I live (in Portugal) to have a sushi feast. I usually go with my girlfriend and our friends and i must say that this is more like a ritual of friend than a dinner out. We usually talk a lot and a quick dinner usually last 2-3 hours Razz

Can't live without sushi : Razz

Stay COol!
chris20
Any Chinese place is my favorite. Near me there is china one buffet that is probably my favorite of them all because of their ridiculous selection of Chinese food.
lethaltriad
I got a couple favourite restaurants that I live to visit. I cant eat too much of anything cuz I get bored too easily. TGIF is one of my favourites but its a bit expensive down here. Also Cuddy'z is nice as well as Jamrock in New Kingston.. they have some killer oxtail. Most chinese restaurants also like Jade Garden, China Express and Double Town are also some of my favs. Then there are the extra fast food places like Wendys and KFC that I love. Oh I love food, couple more lol.. I love sushi!! and buying fish by the beach =)
eday2010
The Works Gourmet Burger Bistro, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. The BEST burgers you will ever have. Ever! They have your run of the mill burgers, but also a ton of delicious combinations with interesting names, and some truly strange ones, like "Sk8r Boy", which is topped with bacon, cheese, and peanut butter, or "San Fransisco Treat", which is a burger with some Kraft Dinner on it. Quite good. They used to have one called "Lucky Seven", which is a burger with sliced banana and Nutella. Sounds gross, but it's actually very delicious.[/url]
Tatsumaru
All-you-can-eat restaurants for the win haha!
a.Bird
My favorite restaurants are my local diners. There are two major ones in my small town and they are real dive joints. Oldie goldie music on the radio, really cheap burgers, bottomless coffee, familiar faces. It's good stuff.
skygaia
I'm from south korea. but I'm living in Ottawa now. Sometimes I I want to have my country's meal but there are few korean restaurants here.
Especially I like korean-chinese food but there is no restaurant of korean-chinese here. I just found out similar one here. it is Chinese-Vietnam restaurant. Fried rice is very very simillar to what I want.
So I love there..
xkobram
windrei wrote:
i am not in the United States so for most of the restaurants you mentioned, i never heard about them...

Neither I did.

But are the restaurants in US one company - like McDonald's or KFC? I mean more restaurants joined in one company? I dont know any of them in Czech rep. (except KFC and McDonald's)
WallBase
Dakafall wrote:
There is a little Chinese place where I live, its called Jade Garden, it is very very good! If you guys are every down by where I live go there!

yeah we have one to, just the same name.. they have good dinners there^^,) bec its very nice, great service and nice peeps there..they are allways free to the guests!
Chelissamow
I like this Chinese place called the Regency Palace. The restaurant inside is soooo nice looking. And it's the third floor above this mall too. xD
Aless
My favorite restaurant is a little Thai place in north London. It's cheap yet wonderful. It's not hugely famous or overly busy & I like it that way! Their menu is creative yet still traditional & there's huge value for money. mmm, I'm hungry just thinking of it.
karysky
My favourite restaurants are any italian restaurants.. I love italien food and pasta so much.

It's too bad pasta has so many calories in it, because I would eat that day and night!

I also love chineese food, but I don't know of any place here in Québec that makes good chineese food.
shorty18
Hmm, okay damn I don't even gotta think!

Old country buffet

andd...

Sizzler — Steak house ftw!

i better not see any mcdonalds or like some weak ass little burger place or im going to die ;;
Vrythramax
Olive Garden all the way....thier fettucini alfredo is just to die for! (forgive my spelling...I don't speak Italian. Sad
Sergiy
In Slovenia I like Chinese restaurants because they have good chinese food. There is also good Jurman restaurant and McDonald's Laughing
kiranaghor
Here in Pune, I like Sheesha cafe at ABC farms. On Haighway there is one dhaba called Great Panjab... its a classy panjabi restau. I visited a new restau few days back called MainLand China. It was good. When I was in Fergusson College, I liked to go 'Savera' after bunking lectures. It was hotspot for my group.
Soldier
Well I like Chinse food and pizza lol
Traveller
Soldier wrote:
Well I like Chinse food and pizza lol

Hmmm...a pizza topped with General Tso's Chicken? or with bean sprouts, water chestnuts, bamboo shoots and snow pea pods (maybe with a black-bean sauce instead of tomato sauce)?

Could be interesting.
elite747
Vrythramax wrote:
Olive Garden all the way....thier fettucini alfredo is just to die for! (forgive my spelling...I don't speak Italian. Sad

I second that! And their bread sticks too! I love them all.
filet
dont quite remember the restaurant name, but its in a shopping mall near my place and the thing is i know where to find it. first time i ate there wow wow wow best seafood fried rice and drink it with green tea.... very spicy and lots of seafood crab, prawn, squid etc... its kind of japanese+chinese style. the seafood fried rice is a lot.. i think like 3 people can eat it but was serve for per person...yummy

and there's the other place- a all you can eat ... a buffet self service restaurant...the whole place "packed" with food from appetizers, dessert, soup, heavy meal, light meal, bread, ice cream, all sort of steaks, asian food, western food, Mediterranean food, you name it...i think there are like hundreds of varieties...
noobcola
Oasis Ice cream parlor in CA

Oasis offers "home-made" ice cream in a variety of flavors, as well as a large assortment of fruit bars (Mexican-style Popcicles). The ice cream is fresher and creamier than any ready-made, with lots of fresh shredded coconut, chocolate chips, nuts, trail mix, etc. The fruit bars are full of chunks of pineapple, watermelon, tamarind, etc. Cones are cheap, at around $1.20 for a big scoop. Man I feel like driving down there right now Very Happy

Murrieta's in NY

MURRIETA'S is neither closed nor at the back of any shopping centers!! It has a long driveway and the building resembles a large hacienda/ranch house on a hill PAST neighborhood shopping center. Murrieta's has been the ONLY full service family restaurant that has lasted in Bonita. It has been there for 25 years and is still owned by the same family, consistently turning out great food and great service. My family has been dining there for at least 20 years and we LOVE IT. We celebrate many family holidays, as well as simple lunches and vivacious dinner parties there. You can always count on seeing your friends there as it is heavy with us locals. And another great quality is that the waitstaff remembers YOUR NAME and what is going on in your life! Not just great food and great service, it is a place where you feel at home. They have the best salsas I have ever tasted. I recommend the Carne Asada Plate or Chicken Fajitas. If you like seafood, the Camamrones Tequila are to die for...and you have NEVER had a margarita like they serve at Murrieta's! God Forbid they ever close!
unknownc1c
hhmmm.... i think i'd say my favorite restuarant that no one has ever heard of, is this place called Tilts Pub. It's got this popcorn chicken that's out of this world!!! lol

My favorite, well known, restuarant is probably Planet Hollywood if any of you ever heard of that one. Basically the designed the inside to have a whole bunch of movies and actors inside. Their New York Strip Steak is amazing!! It tastes so good and it's cooked perfectly every time I go there.
theem
My uncle owns this restaurant
Hounslow Lahori Karahi , in London

who ever wants to have a discount just lemme know Laughing
Saint Mattheus
'The blue Olive' in London is 'the hottest resto-club' in London according to CNN... And believe me it is!!!

Just check:

www.viewlondon.co.uk/info_restaurant_6445.html

for more information...

And if you deside to go there: the TAPAS rule !!!!
Fanghai44
yo
for those of you livin gin massachusetts...lol in teh united states. theres this rly good place called minado. i duno if they have a website but i know that htey are awesome becaus ethey serve teh best sushi in the world. no joke. ive been to japan and the sushi there are too pure. the sushi here gives it a little americanization and it tasts mad good. best part is, it's almost never completely filled, its a BUFFET and the prices are relatively low: about 10-12bucks per person if you come at the righ ttime. so think about it: you get about 50 sushi rolls and a couple of plates of fish and chicken teraki for only 10 dollars.dontforget, you still get the re-fillable medium soft drink taht you can get with your meal for an additional dollar. so thats 11 dollars...which ,at other sushi restaurants wil probably costyou 20. so come to minado!

-Yofriend
XQX
shwetanshu
Sanskriti at District Centre, Janak Puri, New Delhi, India.... only south indian food bt at a particular time north ndia is also available... their sambhar is awesome

Bikanervala.... all kinds of veg food... chinese. continental, india

love these places
jabronie25
Old Town Chinese Restaraunt - Man great place and great food. Prices are great. A lot of the dishes are 5 dollars. Their Sea Food hot pot is too die for.

Tony Romas - I love their BBQ Ribs, its so savory, and also their onion loafs.
miau
Any italian or arabian restaurant.
thealpha
My favorite restaurant is located quarry bay in hong kong. It is called "Mama Indian". The food at there is similar to those I have had in India. Unforgettable experience, memorable taste and comfortable environment. And, the waiters at there are really nice.

If anyone who want to go Hong Kong. I strongly recommend you to have a tried at there. Also, they provide lunch buffet with acceptable price. Razz
* Delicious * Very Happy
TruPain
Olive Garden has some very good food... but to me, it is very over priced... so Olive Garden is basically only for very special occassions...

As for places we go just because we can, I would have to say Chi Chi's (not sure if they are even around anymore since the 2 I knew of in my surrounding area are no longer there), Applebee's, Fozoli's, Luigi's (local pizza and ittalian resturant) and a new place we just ate at called Qdoba (mexican style subway I guess would be the best way to put that one)

Favorite types of food, Italian and Mexican.
timothymartin
Subway is my favorite. For a time there I was eating Subway every day. I think it was around a year. I can eat the same thing and not get overwhelmed, unlike a lot of people I know. Why do people choose to eat something they like too much so that they never want to eat it ever again? Do they really just want to stop eating it but dont know how to quit other than eat it in excess?
deanhills
I like good Indian restaurants. The Taj in the UAE is great.
standready
Depends on what type of food I am in the mood to eat. There is a good local mom and pop restaurant here that serves a good variety.
thisdaddy
I love asians resturant which have low prices but they are goods Smile
deanhills
thisdaddy wrote:
I love asians resturant which have low prices but they are goods Smile
You're right. When I used to live in Vancouver, BC I especially loved Korean food. There was particularly one "food kitchen" situated in a Food Market, and I could literally see my food being prepared in front of me. It was always very good value.
granvals
haha classic. wind, fire, earth.. i forgot the order lol

i liked watching thundercats. when i look at it now, i can't believe i used to like it.rangoli,chitrahar,shree krishna,chandarkanta,shaktiman,vyomkesh bakshi etc
Radar
Kind of wish I had a favourite restaurant... don't really. At least, not in the way that I tend to think of restaurants.
TurtleShell
I have different favorite restaurants in different places, and different favorites for different purposes. My favorite restaurant in New York was Panchito's. The food really wasn't that great, but the drinks would get me good and buzzed, it was in a fabulous neighborhood, I knew the waitstaff and you couldn't beat the atmosphere. Plus, it was large enough that I never had to wait for a table. Couldn't beat that. In Cedar Rapids, it was a place called Hacienda Las Glorias--good, cheap mexican, comfy booths, chandelier on the ceiling and huge portions. In London, it was the bar with the tree growing out of the middle of it--Waxy O'Connor's. Kinda gimmicky, but they had seemingly endless rooms to go and stand in and have drinks and they played good music. Where I live now, I like the train food (Carney's) for fast food purposes, Lido's pizza for a nice mafia hangout that serves good pizza, Chevy's for soulless chain mexican food, Good Neighbor Cafe for a homey Luke's-diner-type experience, and Rahel's Veggie for outstanding vegan/ethnic experiences.
goutha
In New York City, I love Ippudo (it's a japanese restaurant serving a delicious Ramen)

Does someone know this restaurant?
watersoul
Willow Vegetarian Restaurant in the town of Totnes, South Devon, England.
Absolutely amazing food, cooked as you watch it happen, with live music on some nights, and a choice of private or communal tables where you can just turn up and enjoy a meal at a table of strangers who soon become acquaintances or even friends. I was veggie for 10 years (I'm not anymore) but the food is totally cooked with passion and you really taste the goodness in every mouthfull. Even though my meat-eating side won the battle, I will always continue to enjoy the occasional tasty, wholesome & healthy meal at this fine establishment every now and then! Smile
andysart380
Tatsumaru wrote:

im gonna go with you.. i hate paying a shit ton of money just to be disapointed.. at a buffet i know theres bound to be something i like lol.
deanhills
andysart380 wrote:
Tatsumaru wrote:

im gonna go with you.. i hate paying a shit ton of money just to be disapointed.. at a buffet i know theres bound to be something i like lol.
My cousin was living in Savannah a few years ago, and they had a fantastic cafeteria type buffet style food place, with baked chicken, crab cakes, etc. etc. like home made food. That was really great. The crab cakes had been divine, I've always been looking for those crab cakes at other places, but never found ones that tasted as good as those had.
watersoul
If you're talking 'all you can eat', there's a great Chinese resaurant near me that offers the same deal for £5.99. Amazing flavours and quality food, my record so far is 3 big heaped plates in a row - yep I felt fat as afterwards!
deanhills
watersoul wrote:
If you're talking 'all you can eat', there's a great Chinese resaurant near me that offers the same deal for £5.99. Amazing flavours and quality food, my record so far is 3 big heaped plates in a row - yep I felt fat as afterwards!
One thing I don't like about Chinese restaurants, most of them anyways, is too much salt, and one never knows whether the food is full of MSG. I usually stay away from Chinese, unless I know the restaurant very well.
iman
I love TGI Friday's food and their awesome waiters/waitresses. I feel at home there Very Happy
kitsrock
Fav restros? I don't really have one, I suppose.

However, I do have a bunch of restros I like to frequent.

O. Noir: Inside is pitch black. Served by legally blind waiters/waitresses. Decent food at slightly high price with portion of the profit going to aid blind people. (Also provides a unique blind-date location where appearance is nullified from the first impression)

Schwartz's: One of Montreal's most famous smoked meat joint. Huge line-ups can be a pain, esp in the frigid Montreal winter, but worth it. I never liked smoked meat until I was dragged into this place. But I now admit well made smoked meat can be amazing.

Little Sheep: AYCE hotpot. Unlimited beef/lamb in a good broth, complete with self-serve veggies, drinks, sauces, and deserts. What more can you ask for?
ankitdatashn
Any restaurant that serves tasty and vegetarian food is nice Smile If Pizza is included in the menu than Pizza hut and Dominoes is my favorite, I am an ardent fan of Pizza... Umm Cheese burst... yummy Smile
watersoul
deanhills wrote:
watersoul wrote:
One thing I don't like about Chinese restaurants, most of them anyways, is too much salt, and one never knows whether the food is full of MSG. I usually stay away from Chinese, unless I know the restaurant very well.

I know what you mean there Dean, so it's only really ever 'once in a while' I'll go there. Yes, healthy natural cooking is my usual choice, but a bit of unhealthy 'dirt' food to gorge on sometimes satisfies the secret glutton inside me! Wink
deanhills
watersoul wrote:
I know what you mean there Dean, so it's only really ever 'once in a while' I'll go there. Yes, healthy natural cooking is my usual choice, but a bit of unhealthy 'dirt' food to gorge on sometimes satisfies the secret glutton inside me! Wink
Agreed! It also keeps the immune system healthy as well. Too much good can be just as unhealthy as too much bad .....
foumy6
I don't know if any of you guys have ever heard of the restraunt Hong Kong Buffet by we have one in my town and it's amazing. I really like any Asian, or Mexican style food. Razz
nepalstar
Here in Nepal we have one restaurant called "Revolving Restaurant..." in that restaurant we can have good view of the city while having good delicious food... I have just been there once with my friends we enjoyed there seeing city view than having foods... but the foods are too expensive... even the rate are too expensive there we can't get space easily... that's my favorite restaurant but I didn't got enough chance to be there more... hope I'll be there by this weekend with my family...!
spinout
Right now my favorite is pizzeria Natti in enkoping, sweden.

They do Kebab well - they have a special white sauce... and cheap.

But the pizzas well cheap as well but fairly ok.

There are 30 pizzerias in my area - they win because of the white sauce
TurtleShell
My favorite restaurants are all the old places in NYC...Panchito's, that little mexican place on university just below 14th (el cantinero?), and of course my favorite indian restaurant, Mughlai on the upper west side, where I've had one of my best meals ever.
deanhills
I had not so good airport food tonight. I was hungry and the best I could find was fish with peppers and rice. I would have much preferred dahl curry with rice, but there was no vegetarian food, so tonight I was not a vegetarian. Usually I'm careful and don't have fish, so at least on the positive side can say there were no bones, it was not overly salted, and it seemed to have filled me up.

Turtleshell, the NY Indian Restaurant sounds exactly right for tonight! Very Happy
TurtleShell
That indian restaurant is the BEST.

My favorite airport food is usually a black bean burger at Chili's, at least, in airports in the US. I like the little "chili's to go!" restaurants they usually have these days. And I detest most other airport foods, most especially airport pizza.
deanhills
TurtleShell wrote:
And I detest most other airport foods, most especially airport pizza.
I can relate fully to that and "detest" is a good word for it. Not only was all of the food plastic last night, but the prices were almost triple. The only good airport selection of food I've experienced yet was in South Africa at the Johannesburg International Airport in their Domestic Departure area. I can't remember the name of the Indian restaurant, but it had an outstanding selection of dishes that are always made from scratch. An item that I had not seen before on the Indian Restaurant menu at Johannesburg International Airport was Bunny Chow, which is a huge bread crust filled up with curry stew. I did not have that, as I prefer vegetarian if I can, but I was quite impressed with the restaurant. The best curry I have had has been in South Africa, as they seem to marry a blend of tastes from Malaysia, India, together. It has the fragrant taste of curry, with chillies and a very subtle sweet as well possibly from apricot jam. Amazing how curry can differ from country to country. England also has a good version of curry. Last time I visited in 2009 I went to an area close to Heathrow Airport, initially for a walk, and then ended up in a "Little India" and a Cafeteria type Indian restaurant frequented mostly by the locals. The quality of the food was amazing. It's great when one lucks out like that, as the prices were great as well. I remember it was during Sunday lunch. Very Happy
ankur209
Here in Allahabad,India i haven't been to any of the restaurent but there's a non-veg food court named "SPICY BITE" .I love the Butter Chicken served by them.Its so fluffy,delicious that i can't stop licking my fingers.

I have tasted other's restaurent/food court but no one seems to be matched at its level.

So for me SPICY BITE is the best restaurent i have ever been to !!
deanhills
ankur209 wrote:
Here in Allahabad,India i haven't been to any of the restaurent but there's a non-veg food court named "SPICY BITE" .I love the Butter Chicken served by them.Its so fluffy,delicious that i can't stop licking my fingers.
I know what you mean with the fluffy for Butter Chicken. I've only tasted that once in an authentic Indian restaurant in Downtown Vancouver, Canada. I have not found anything like it since then. Smile
ProwerBot
Some spanish place that I live by, it's called Carmelitas. It's sooo good, especially their guacamole sauce. I swear I could just eat that sauce plain its so delicious.
nigam
i have tried mexican food, it is very delicious but when i think about my health, i love our own native food Smile
deanhills
nigam wrote:
i have tried mexican food, it is very delicious but when i think about my health, i love our own native food Smile
If I may ask, you have me curious? What is your native food?
riderwear45
My favorite restaurant is a little Thai place in North London. And 'cheap, but wonderful. It is not famous, or too busy and I like that! Their menu is creative and traditional, and there is tremendous value for money. mmm, I'm hungry just thinking about it.
nigam
deanhills wrote:
nigam wrote:
If I may ask, you have me curious? What is your native food?

raw seafood and vegetable soup.....everything was in there...all the nutrients...
wellerchap
Fish & Chips for me, every thursday evening on the way home from work....one or two of my scooter friends join me there regularly, and we've got to know several of the regular thursday night customers too.....The Empire chippy is between Wakefield and Leeds in northern England - my fave eaty-shop in the whole world!
mukesh
I am indian and state Bihar i am at patna. In Patna Maurya restaurant is one of best. Maurya restaurant is my favorite.
ProfessorY91
Looks like the OP is talking about local restaurants. I'd also third (or fourth) Vythramax's suggestion of Olive Garden. Endless pasta bowls, anyone? I couldn't eat more than two. They really are endless, too. And of course, complimentary breadsticks. Are you really gonna bash that?

In terms of specific/single store restaurants, and not restaurant chains, I'd go with the Chapattis that's right by my college. They may have multiple locations, but they feel pretty unique. Great Indian restaurant. Very spicy and tasty food.
james12
I like Italian restaurents. olive garden italian restaurant in los angeles
Asap170
I love Olive Garden! They have the best salad and bread sticks. I once lost a tooth in a bread stick... o.O
IceCreamTruck
Olive Garden is a great place to take a girl on a date here. Save your money because it can be pricey... appetizer, dinner, wine and other beverages, and dessert without care on one date cost me over 100 dollars for two people. It was a special occasion though, so that's why I ignore prices except to see how much it actually cost at the end.

You can get endless soup and salad there for lunch which is usually somewhere between 5 and 8 dollars but it's endless so filling yourself up always happens. Italian sausage, and Italian menstroni soup... yum! Laughing

I haven't tried their endless pasta yet... I might have to do that this weekend! I'll be sure to report!