FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

http://www.networkdelta.net

turbosquid
Hi Frihosters

I would very much like some feedback on my site & forums.
Please take a look and let me know your thoughts.

http://www.networkdelta.net/

TurboSquid

P.S. Thanks to Frihost for hosting my site!
Hogwarts
At first glance, it looks quite good.

I have a couple of tips, though:
Add this CSS:
Code:
body {
padding: 0px;
margin: 0px;
}

which will make the red lines reach the sides.

Even though you don't seem to be using CSS for some reason... And are instead using a strange technique..
Code:
<body onload="populate()" alink="red" link="red" vlink="red">

The most useful thing that you could do is to use css. You can do things alot easier... Alot more advanced... Etc.

Other then that, looks good!
turbosquid
Thanks for your comments Hogwarts,

I am considering looking into a PHP based site, but i don't know a great deal about PHP, i guess i'm still a bit old skool and tend to stick to HTML and CGI Smile
I might have a look into CSS though.

Cheers

TurboSquid
zplitstonez
hello turbosquid,
Wow your site has good contents. But you need a just a little improvement for your layout. Your Site is nice, it has many free stuff.

Thank you. I agree, you need to use CSS, It's easy, handy, and you can take full control of your site with ease. If you don't know CSS yet. You can go to http://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp

I hope my comments could somehow help you.
GOD bless
jayzee
the layout is not that catching as like your name try to shange the layout..
turbosquid
Interesting comments, my main priority is to create a website that is usable by a complete novice, something that does not overwhelm, hence it's relatively simple layout.

Maybe i should go down the PHP route as most of my website is written in HTML using PERL scripts for the server-side stuff. Could anyone recommend which software i could use for designing a PHP based website, preferably something which uses templates.

Thanks

TurboSquid
chrismen
You can even use notepad for php, but I tend to like dreamweaver since it makes everything into nice color-coded stuff which helps out a lot. As for templates though... php is not that hard to learn. The site will be better if you just make your own stuff. I would look for php scripts on many sites but none really provided what I was looking for. But anyways, most of the php stuff is for programing things like a login system, forum, photo gallery, etc. It is not really for the layout of your site. You still should be using html and css for that.

About your site:
I really like it. I love simple designs and free stuff. It just seems to me like you need more content. One suggestion is to have less topics on your forums until you get more users.

Nice work and good luck.