FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Robert Frost

The-Nisk
My favourite Poet! Amazing!
If you have read his poetry tell me which one is your favourite and why?
hope to get responses!
evanc88
He's also one of my favorite poets. My favorite poems from here are probably "A-Wishing Well," "Ends," almost all of A Witness Tree, all of In The Clearing, and also A Masque of Reason.
ddukki
Great poets make the simple beautiful. I guess that's why Robert Frost is so famous. Love his work. Only wish I knew where to find more. Time to Google.
mehulved
I love 'Stopping by woods nn a snowy evening" It's been one of my favourite poems since I came across it in standard 5.
I specially love the last 4 lines. They make a nice read when my mood is down over something, it reminds me that there are many better things waiting and I hould move on.
Daire
Alright Nik.

We did alot of his work for Junior Cert.

Stopping By Woods etc.

We also did 'Nothing Gold Can Stay'.

Was it featured in the movie of 'The Outsiders'? I think that's why we did it, or it was comparing that to the Stevie Wonder song at the start.

I don't really have a fondness for poetry, but I like his stuff.
TurtleShell
always liked stopping by the woods on a snowy evening. Frost isn't my favorite, but many of his poems do seem to have a nice melancholy to them I appreciate.
James007
Always use quote-tags when quoting text (so that includes poems) and include the source.
All posts containing unquoted poems have been removed.
evanc88
Stopping By Woods... is hardly one of his best poems! It's one of his most simple and easily read, sure, but when people only know his poems like that they tend to under-appreciate him. He's ridiculously amazing, really, especially the stuff he wrote in his later career, close to death.
missdixy
Not my all-time fav (Sylvia Plath and Charles Bukowski are tied for that one...) but I definitely agree that he was an amazing poet. Very Happy
linangan
When I was in high school, an English teacher assigned Robert Frost’s poem “The Road Not Taken.” The point of this poem is that discovering new paths is useful because well-traveled trails will lead to the same old place. Although it was written in a different era, the wisdom of that message endures.

A long time has passed since the first time I encountered Frost, and I have discovered more 'contemporary' poets after him, but I still continue to read him once in a while, to bask in his tone and images, which is a great way of being reminded where poetry once was.
KatanaSky
Robert Frost was a great writer and his work is appreciated by many. "The Road Not Taken" is a very popular one - I really like that poem.
goosesong
imera
Never heard about him before but I took a look at the poem 'The Road Not Taken' and thought it was nice. I usually have to read poems out loud so I follow them, gives me a chance to think about them to. But I loved the rimes in the end; think I'll check more poems by him now
melissareich
I've read some of his stuff in elementary school I think. I do not know about him personally or read any of his work personally, but if I remembered from that far back I take it he was pretty good? Someone should post a couple quotes of his work! Smile
The-Nisk
I'm glad there are people who apreciate Frost around here, it means we can always agree on something! Very Happy

What I realy liked about Frost's poetry was the meaning behind each poem. As if each was writen to educate mankind. I think Frosts poetry is simply brilliant! In fact I'll quote one of his poems now:

Quote:

Design

I found a dimpled spider, fat and white,
On a white heal-all, holding up a moth
Like a white piece of rigid satin cloth -
Assorted characters of death and blight
Mixed ready to begin the morning right,
Like the ingredients of a witches' broth -
A snow-drop spider, a flower like a froth,
And dead wings carried like a paper kite.

What had that flower to do with being white,
The wayside blue and innocent heal-all?
What brought the kindered spider to that height,
Then steered the white moth thither in the night?
What but design of darkness to appall? -
If design govern in a thing so small.

The poem "Design" was taken from "Poetry Of Robert Frost".

This is one of my favourite poems, tell me what you think! Smile
hofodomo01
my favourite happens to be "After apple picking", but for different reasons than you might think

first, it's because my asian friend recited it for a class project, along with other things. it was funny.

then i realized it would be amusing if you replaced "apple" and "picking" with "penis" and "pumping". it was, as with the former, funny.