FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

UPLOAD STILL NOT WORKING?!

OutlawSpirit
hey... basically... i tried 2 upload individual MP3's and no luck, so i zipped them in a folder... and still no luck...

it keep saying they failed upload...

well, i have permission to use these MP3 files and would really like to upload these to my site... it is a time issue as the download is long overdue...

thanks
Bondings
I just uploaded a 3MB zip file and a 21MB .exe file without a single problem with 130KBytes/second. I can also download files up to 50MB(backups). So I'm sure that it is possible to upload it. The problem is most likely due to your connection. I don't know what to do about it. Maybe upload it on another way.
OutlawSpirit
ive uploaded it to savefile.com for the time being, it is 21mb zip file...

i tried to upload it earlier, it takes all the time of uploading it... i mean it took 10 minutes or something, and then i get an error on cpanel saying it failed upload...

im on broadband and have uploaded to cpanel before, just seems kinda strange at the moment... Cool
Maka
Must be your ftp client, I can upload any size file and it works.
brandsrus
Have a firewall? Is this in working?
OutlawSpirit
nope... dont beleive i have a firewall Confused
Deckard
What type of operating System ? Windows ? Linux ? OS X ?

if it's winth SP2 will have the microsoft firewall automaticaly.
OutlawSpirit
im on windows Confused
Bondings
OutlawSpirit wrote:
im on windows Confused

The default windows firewall won't harm you. Which ftp-program are you using? Maybe try it with filezilla. ( http://filezilla.sourceforge.net/ )
Daniel15
Are you sure you have enough free space in your account? This might sound like a simple question, but you could be overlooking the obvious Smile

Quote:

i tried to upload it earlier, it takes all the time of uploading it... i mean it took 10 minutes or something, and then i get an error on cpanel saying it failed upload...

One thing you should never do is upload large files through a web browser. Use an FTP client and see if it works.
Bondings
daniel15 wrote:
Are you sure you have enough free space in your account? This might sound like a simple question, but you could be overlooking the obvious Smile

He is only using 50Mb, if I'm not mistaken, so that's not the cause of the problem. But that could certainly have been the problem. Wink
OutlawSpirit
MYSQL wouldn't effect it would it?

bcos i had a few MYSQL problems earlier on Embarassed Confused
Maka
OutlawSpirit wrote:
MYSQL wouldn't effect it would it?

bcos i had a few MYSQL problems earlier on Embarassed Confused

Nope.
budazz
what is the maximum file size to be uploaded can i upload a mp3 that is originally mine? Laughing
Bondings
budazz wrote:
what is the maximum file size to be uploaded can i upload a mp3 that is originally mine? Laughing

If "mine" means you made that mp3, not you own the cd. And you always need to place a legal.txt file in the same directory explaining you own the full copyright of it, like that you made it yourself.
Dimaod
Bondings wrote:
budazz wrote:

If "mine" means you made that mp3, not you own the cd. And you always need to place a legal.txt file in the same directory explaining you own the full copyright of it, like that you made it yourself.

Dont try to upload unlegal files.... Twisted Evil
Admins are looking for you Wink
budazz
no im just asking hehe how about wmv or what if i have the song and then i convert it to swf format is that allowed? Laughing
Simulator
Dimaod wrote:
Bondings wrote:
budazz wrote:

Dont try to upload unlegal files.... Twisted Evil
Admins are looking for you Wink

Define illegal file Cool
tiancai3
as mp3 is not allowed
I have a question whick music type can be uploaded?
budazz
im already askin' that question? will any song that's converted in swf format are not allowed?
Bondings
budazz wrote:
im already askin' that question? will any song that's converted in swf format are not allowed?

You will never be allowed to host a commercial song. Not in any format/way.
budazz
how about videos... Very Happy thanks for the info Very Happy

i mean really edited video from other video? Very Happy
Bondings
budazz wrote:
how about videos... Very Happy thanks for the info Very Happy

i mean really edited video from other video? Very Happy

Only if you made it YOURSELF and did NOT use commercial video material, like an edited titanic movie.
budazz
ok i understand thanks....hehehe...;b
budazz
how about the video of the bone thugs n harmony is that allowed ?..ok i tell what im planning to put...the cartoon video of bruce lee...is that allowed?.. so i know it before i put it on my site... Very Happy