FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Guitar Hero II

Sparda
Hello. Does anyone happen to play Guitar Hero II? It is one of my top favorite games. So, if you play this and have an opinion on it, feel free to reply.

Also:

Does anyone have a strategy for beating Guitar Solos on Expert Mode? Or maybe a Tip?
Gilgamesh
I don't have the Guitar Control. So is almost impossible to play in expert mode.
Playing with the normal joystick is cool, but after some hours, become boring.

I like 'Hangar 18'- Megadeth
silvermesh
I can barely do hard, let alone expert.

all it takes though is practice practice practice. Just like any game Wink
Vinas
The game is made of absolute win. Both Guitar Hero games are infact. I play both daily and I've become pretty damn good at it, even if I do say so myself. I even managed to video some playing yesterday, I'm just having a hard time uploading it to somewhere. My favourites to play are Jessica and Sweet Child Of Mine.
ThornsOfSorrow
I actually just beat Expert mode about a week ago. I don't really have a strategy, except to save star power for the sections where you absolutely need it most, but that's pretty obvious. I just kept playing the songs I was stuck on over and over again. When I got frustrated, I'd switch to Hard mode and work on getting 5 stars on some of those songs, and then I'd go back to Expert and try again. Sometimes not playing the game for a few days helps as well, although I'm not exactly sure why. Just a warning: Hanger 18 is so difficult on Expert mode!
gtherockgod
Its Psychobilly Freakout that im stuck on on expert. I need to beat that song to go on, but im lucky if i can get 15% into it, its effing hard.
kicy
I just bought this game (90$ my wallet is still crying) its pretty awesome, but i was only able to beat one hard song so far. When i beat it I just skip the orange ones then my friends started yelling at me and said I was cheating Cool .
ThornsOfSorrow
Haha, I used to do that too! Unfortunately, as you probably already know, you'll need to start using that orange button if you don't want to fail the songs. Sad
missdixy
I love Guitar Hero I and II !! But, I'm not super advanced at it and by the time the orange button needs to be used I'm usually out. It's hard for me....and I don't have the time to practice a lot at it.
Lewis_remembers
Right now I have about 10 songs left on hard and I'm pretty my stuck. Did anyone else notice how much bigger the jump was from medium to hard than from easy to medium. If it does it again on hard to expert I'm sunk
missdixy
Lewis_remembers wrote:
Right now I have about 10 songs left on hard and I'm pretty my stuck. Did anyone else notice how much bigger the jump was from medium to hard than from easy to medium. If it does it again on hard to expert I'm sunk

Aww I'm sure you'll be able to finish hard and probably own expert.....it'll just take lots of practice and work! Very Happy
wabik90
I have never played this game, but it sounds interesting. I've got question for people who play Guitar Hero I or II: Can you play guitar in real world?! Smile
JBotAlan
I realize I'm digging up an old thread, but I didn't want to start a new one. Is it bad to have the first minute of Sweet Child of Mine memorized? I can turn away from the TV and play through the intro (just the same pattern repeated for about 32 measures...) and the first verse or so. Pretty fun to show friends...I'm known as a freak.

Fun stuff.
JBot
Sparda
Quote:
Is it bad to have the first minute of Sweet Child of Mine memorized?I can turn away from the TV and play through the intro (just the same pattern repeated for about 32 measures...)

It is not bad to have that memorized. You just played it so much that you can play it without looking. You probally won't be able to play all of it without looking though. You are not the only one that can play without looking. I've seen youtube videos of people doing this through most of the song. I can even do this on a few songs. (sweet child o mine expert of course). Not exactly all of the song though. (just the intro just like you can)
djcaution
expert mode is retarded. Good luck. I love how addicting guitar hero is but it just feels like its missing something, anybody else feel the same way?
Packfan104L4
I just bought Guitar Hero 3 and I couldn't be more addicted now. They definately amped up the difficulty of the expert levels, but it still presents a challenge to someone who 5 starred every song in the last Guitar Hero Very Happy
jcnet
i;ve tried that game.........a bit complicated...
Dont know what to do....

left off.........
Sickness
Guitar Hero is a cool game, but I prefer using Guitar Pro Mr. Green
lastelement0
just got guitar hero 3 for 360 and its a blast like all the other ones. right now i only have one controller because i just got my 360 but its still fun just switching off every once in a while. had an issue with knights of cydonia on hard, but finally beat the damn thing. now i have to focus on before i forget. i used to be able to beat all songs on expert fairly easy but i hadnt played in a while so im still getting back into the groove of it.
Sparda
jcnet wrote:
i;ve tried that game.........a bit complicated...
Dont know what to do....

left off.........

You could try the tutorials in the training section of the game.
Dean_The_Great
wabik90 wrote:
I have never played this game, but it sounds interesting. I've got question for people who play Guitar Hero I or II: Can you play guitar in real world?! Smile

Personally, I can. But my playing of Guitar Hero does not, in any way, improve my technique on guitar. It is never meant to. People who play guitar hero never think they can play real guitar. The correlation is just not really there.

It is, however, pretty good at teaching rhythm. Although sometimes I feel the game can give a little too much leway. Of course, sometimes I need it... ;P
mattchun
I wonder which platform you play the guitar hero?
DSGamer3002
I assume this could be a topic for any Guitar Hero game, so I'm talking about GH3 in the following message:

This is my first Guitar Hero game ever, and after only having it for about a week, I'm almost done with Hard mode after playing completely through Easy and Medium, AND playing over 200 matches online. (I have the Wii version) Razz Anyways, it's safe to say that the transition between Medium and Hard is a MUCH bigger difference than Easy to Medium or Hard to Expert. (I'm basing the Hard to Expert thing only on the song Slow Ride, since it's the only song I can beat on every mode Laughing ) I'm stuck on the 7th section, Live In Japan, since I can't get through any of the songs except Striken. I got close to beating Knights of Cydonia, but I couldn't make it through the part with all of the hammer ons. x_x

This is a great game, and I hope I become really good at it eventually. Very Happy
Insanity
Has anyone heard of the new Rock Band coming out soon? It not only allows you to play with Guitar Hero, but it also includes a microphone for vocals and drums as well. So it seems like you are actually playing with a band. The catch is that all the equipment is going to be super expensive, with four different types (guitar, bass, microphone, drums).
Sparda
I got Guitar Hero III sometime after it being released to stores. I never really tried easy, medium, or hard though. I did Expert the whole way. Right now in my Career, I'm in Hell. (The section with the songs One, Raining Blood, ect) I try playing these songs from time to time to finally beat them. I want to get through the fire and the flames with expert mode.