FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

PS3 Upcoming titles

TarsajumaClan
The Play Station 3 may have had a rough start in the console race because of the lack of launch titles in comparison to other systems. Well we are now in the year of 2007 and soon to hit 08, but the Play Station is about to break the drought of hit titles with games such as Heavenly Sword and Lair...

http://www.myarcadeplanet.com/article-130-PS3-Anticipated-Titles-of-07.html
marrs
TarsajumaClan wrote:
The Play Station 3 may have had a rough start in the console race because of the lack of launch titles in comparison to other systems. Well we are now in the year of 2007 and soon to hit 08, but the Play Station is about to break the drought of hit titles with games such as Heavenly Sword and Lair...

http://www.myarcadeplanet.com/article-130-PS3-Anticipated-Titles-of-07.html

Great stuff I really hope The Play Station 3 kicks off I have a Play Station 1 and Play Station 2 at home and I LOVE them I dont want a microsoft machine SONY rocks and I hope the PS3 hasnt lost too many of its fans I know a lot of fan who have gone down the XBOX road now and they really love their boxes BUT I would really like the Play Station three to KICK ASS!!!!

Just watched the Lair trailer looks amazing but it difficult to tell whats CGI and what the orginall gameplay...anyway look really good.
The Unreal Tournament 3 even better I know with the pc they are using the next generation graffics cards with Directx 10 it looks NUTZ gonna need a new computer...AGAIN!!! BUT problem is FSP arnt easy without a mouse,racing games,RPG fine on a concole.

Rap it up I really hopw this PS3 takes off soon and the prices drop a bit and when are we goons get the chance to buy the 80GB version which I read about????
TarsajumaClan
Lair does look to be an interesting title...
Tom7
if only they had halo on ps3, then it would be insane.
reddishblue
Tom7 wrote:

Never, ever, ever going to happen, ever.
Its all the Xbox has really, it would be like taking life support away Razz.
TarsajumaClan
reddishblue wrote:
Tom7 wrote:

Never, ever, ever going to happen, ever.
Its all the Xbox has really, it would be like taking life support away Razz.

What are you talking about???

Xbox has plenty going for it...

PS3 is the one being bashed for no games...
Packfan104L4
Tom7 wrote:

Ummm.... then what's the whole concept of XBOX Live... Do you people not understand the concept of that? Think for at LEAST 5 seconds before you speak. Otherwise it just makes you look naive and dumb.
TarsajumaClan
Packfan104L4 wrote:
Tom7 wrote:

Ummm.... then what's the whole concept of XBOX Live... Do you people not understand the concept of that? Think for at LEAST 5 seconds before you speak. Otherwise it just makes you look naive and dumb.

His comment wasnt that bad, it was reddish blue who looked like he had no clue what was going on...
eLto
Upcoming ps3 titles that will kick ass(non-exclusive)

Assasins creed
Devil May Cry 4
GTA IV
Final Fantasy XIII(exclusive)
Final Fantasy Versus XIII(exclusive)
Warhawk
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
Little big planet

Those are the titles I can remember right now, but all of them good reasons to own a ps3, as the Xbox 360 has nothing on it when it comes to graphics. now I know some 360 fans will say otherwise, but the 360s graphics weren't king when it first came, and so is it with the ps3 aswell, give the developers time, and we'll see who wins the GRAPHICAL war. I'm not claiming that better games cant be made for the 360, but graphical wise, it's got nothing on us Wink
reddishblue
TarsajumaClan wrote:
Packfan104L4 wrote:
Tom7 wrote:

His comment wasnt that bad, it was reddish blue who looked like he had no clue what was going on...

I wouldn't say that, Halo 3 is the reason why so many people bought the 360, they wouldn't have bought it if it didn't have one of the best FPS's of all time. And its the most anticipated 360 game of all, so I think its essential to the Xbox.
TarsajumaClan
reddishblue wrote:
TarsajumaClan wrote:
Packfan104L4 wrote:
Tom7 wrote:

I wouldn't say that, Halo 3 is the reason why so many people bought the 360, they wouldn't have bought it if it didn't have one of the best FPS's of all time. And its the most anticipated 360 game of all, so I think its essential to the Xbox.

It is no what near all the xbox has though... Which would be what you said... scroll up. At the current moment it is the PS3 that is strugling to bring games to people. Thankfully the lineup I listed above shows some promise. Xbox has plenty already going for it, as well as this line up... http://www.myarcadeplanet.com/article-129-360-Anticipated-Titles-of-07.html

Ubisoft recently annouced that Splinter Cell Conviction would be a Xbox 360 Exclusive. http://www.gamesradar.com/gb/xbox360/game/news/article.jsp?sectionId=1006&articleId=20070523113459593058&releaseId=20060928102716703016

With a major multiplatform developer taking this stance, it shows a bright future for Xbox
reddishblue
Look, I'm not saying that the Xbox doesn't have other good games, by all it has really, I mean that every system has some very good games, and people need a special reason to buy any system, the Xbox lacks any other very high profile games, apart from Gears of War, and few people will buy it for that.

It's the quitissential game of the Xbox, they need each other, there might not even be a 360 if not for Halo, which of all my games is my second favourite, yay KOTOR.

I am sorry if I sounded dumb or anything, I should have worded my post better, but the Xbox needs Halo 3, thats why they have things like special editions 'n stuff.
Vinas
eLto wrote:
Upcoming ps3 titles that will kick ass(non-exclusive)

Assasins creed
Devil May Cry 4
GTA IV
Final Fantasy XIII(exclusive)
Final Fantasy Versus XIII(exclusive)
Warhawk
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
Little big planet

Yeah, you missed one: A Knights Story. The trailer (actual game footage) hit IGN last last year and I've gotta say, it looks like a game that'd give the Final Fantasy series a run for it's money.
TarsajumaClan
reddishblue wrote:
Look, I'm not saying that the Xbox doesn't have other good games, by all it has really, I mean that every system has some very good games, and people need a special reason to buy any system, the Xbox lacks any other very high profile games, apart from Gears of War, and few people will buy it for that.

It's the quitissential game of the Xbox, they need each other, there might not even be a 360 if not for Halo, which of all my games is my second favourite, yay KOTOR.

I am sorry if I sounded dumb or anything, I should have worded my post better, but the Xbox needs Halo 3, thats why they have things like special editions 'n stuff.

This may sound like breaking news, but Xbox could survive without Halo...
There is more to any system than just one game. And with Ubisofts recent pull out of PS3 games, it may be gaining even more defacto exclusives...
Packfan104L4
I'm buying a 360 for Gears of War, so whoever said that isn't worth buying a 360 for, you're totally wrong. I actually think Halo isn't that great, the game is great for multiplayer and playiung with friends, but I don't think it's worth the cult status that it attains. Crackdown is worth it also. Plus I'm glad I don't have to put up with the crap PS controller for GTA. SAHWEET!
QrafTee
Packfan104L4 wrote:
I'm buying a 360 for Gears of War, so whoever said that isn't worth buying a 360 for, you're totally wrong. I actually think Halo isn't that great, the game is great for multiplayer and playiung with friends, but I don't think it's worth the cult status that it attains. Crackdown is worth it also. Plus I'm glad I don't have to put up with the crap PS controller for GTA. SAHWEET!

... That Crackdown comment totally nullifies... your whole opinion.
ankitjain
Oh thats so nice of you that you are giving such titles.
Xiger
The games I'm waiting for are Unreal Tournament 3, Killzone 2 and Final Fantasy XIII (there are some other that I also want but mainly these).

To be honest with you all, I haven't bought my ps3 yet, I'm going to wait for Killzone 2 to come out before I buy it, mainly cause of the damned high price they cost over here to get the crappy ps3, thats what the reviews say at least that our area got the "crap ps3" which means that some of the hardware is different from what the rest of the world got, not sure if it's just a rumor, but either way I'm going to wait until Killzone 2 comes out.

//Xiger
TarsajumaClan
Xiger wrote:
The games I'm waiting for are Unreal Tournament 3, Killzone 2 and Final Fantasy XIII (there are some other that I also want but mainly these).

To be honest with you all, I haven't bought my ps3 yet, I'm going to wait for Killzone 2 to come out before I buy it, mainly cause of the damned high price they cost over here to get the crappy ps3, thats what the reviews say at least that our area got the "crap ps3" which means that some of the hardware is different from what the rest of the world got, not sure if it's just a rumor, but either way I'm going to wait until Killzone 2 comes out.

//Xiger

You might want to wait for reviews on killzone... The first one sucked...
Osmodius
Metal Gear Solid > mediocre console shooters. Those mooing, shitting mechs are gonna shit all over Gears of War.

No profanity intended, check out the screenshot from the trailer:

(btw listen to TarsajumaClan and don't buy Killzone)

kingtendo
I have to say GTAIV and Final Fantasy XIII sound and look amazing, i can't wait for them. oh what am i saying! all the other titles look good too.
reivolt
I was looking forward for that release, Hideo Kojima sure make a great game, i think this is the final installment for the MGS Series.
Devil May Cry 4 is more like a continuation of Devil May Cry 3 Since he is still using the Rebelion during the trailer. I wonder why Nelo is the main character.
Resident Evil 5, this one is good too, i really love what theyve done on Resident evil 4, i hope the gameplay and controls wont change or even improve.
m-productions
Heres the real deal with this, as im sure some of you have heard, the father of sony quit, and is now under new ownership, he says that by march of 08 there will be the 380 new games out for the pse (120 of which or PSN games) however, im America we will probably only see around 180 of those games, HOWEVER, this still doesnt mean anything at all. the only thing thats going to save the ps3 are ps3 exclusive titles, which its losing left and right

(PS: little big planet ..... = pwneg ^^)
Kelcey
It'll be interesting to see how the first party titles pan out. Sony has always depended on 3rd parties. Now that exclusives aren't... well, exclusive anymore, the first party games really need to step up.
Blu_Spykz
Only time can tell how good Sony's Ps3 will be.

Time that, perhaps some would say, it doesn't have. There is much more variety on the xbox, for obvious reasons, and I just hope Ps3 doesn't fizzle out.