FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

miyavi + gackt in a BAND!!!! ZOMG???

vanille
Well, it's rumor that's floating around on the internet that Miyavi, Gackt, and some dude from XJapan (sorry, I forgot his name, it has a Y in it) are going to form a BAND.

Evidence:
1. Gackt has posted online saying that he will soon stop his solo career to form a band.
2. Miyavi has posted a Universal Comment stating that he will start a band (don't worry, he's continuing his solo career) and that he'll form a band with an 'experienced Jrocker whom he admires'

COINCIDENCE OR NOT? *hyperventilates* Nooo! I don't want this to happen! These beautiful people aren't SUPPOSED to be in a band! Grrr.

We can only look forward to the fanservice. Hehehe. At least the kings of fanservice are gonna be in one band. Together. Onstage. Together. Wheee!
crimson_aria
woah.. I'm shocked. XD LOL. I don't know what to say. hehe.

Y? You mean Yoshiki?
Chalchihuitlicue
I thought it was confirmed that Gackt and Yoshiki were forming a band, and that Sugizo was the confirmed third member, with Miyavi a presumed fourth member? That's just stuff I've heard around a couple of Jrock forums - I don't speak/read/know Japanese, so I can't go confirm it myself.

ETA: The line-up I'd seen was Gackt as vocalist, Yoshiki on drums, Sugizo and (presumably) Miyavi on guitar, with the bassist as the only unknown. No one really had any idea who the bassist would/will be, but the band was supposed to be entirely made up of famous musicians. I also heard of this months ago and haven't really seen any updates - though I haven't really been looking and won't be until I see confirmed/official announcements about it.
chastise
OHMYGOD! Nuuuu. Gackt must not quit his solo career. I prefer him as a solo musician. Plus, I loathe Miyavi. No, why is he doing this to? *cries*
Anywho, that rumour was posted ages ago with no confirmation so far. I hope it doesn't go through, I'll miss his solo's.
Chalchihuitlicue
Yeah, I must admit I'll miss Gackt's solo stuff if this band business turns out to be true, but at the same time, it'll be extremely interesting to hear what kind of music those guys could put together.
vanille
The horrible thing is that these guys are good ON THEIR OWN. *glomps miyavi and gackt* I don't want to end up with one person overshadowing the other. *weeps* I mean, these guys are legends. It's like trying to have a crossover of Harry Potter, Shrek and LOTR in one book. Ew.
crimson_aria
Chalchihuitlicue wrote:
Yeah, I must admit I'll miss Gackt's solo stuff if this band business turns out to be true, but at the same time, it'll be extremely interesting to hear what kind of music those guys could put together.

so it's confirmed? wow. I love Gackt and Miyavi. Yes, Gackt is good as a soloist but I'd love to hear this band. I wonder what the band name would be.
vanille
Malice Mizer + X Japan =....I dunno... X Mizer??? lol It's probably giving them a headache, choosing the name of this epic band. Very Happy
crimson_aria
LOL. I can't wait to know what band name these guys will come up with.
Chalchihuitlicue
It's official - Gackt, Yoshiki, Sugizo and Miyavi are a band and they're performing at Anime Expo. It was announced on the 25th, I believe. The name they've chosen appears to be SKIN.
crimson_aria
wow~ thanks for the info. so it's official now. the band name is SKIN? i wonder why they chose it. OMG.. I want to go to that Anime Expo. Lucky people who'd go there, SKIN's debut~
vanille
Chalchihuitlicue wrote:
It's official - Gackt, Yoshiki, Sugizo and Miyavi are a band and they're performing at Anime Expo. It was announced on the 25th, I believe. The name they've chosen appears to be SKIN.

SKIN????? Why? OMG. Razz Or maybe that's something good???? Wheee fanservice please! Haha, sorry to those who mind. Very Happy Or maybe they're going to really try to be the sexiest band ever. Very Happy
Chalchihuitlicue
vanille wrote:
Or maybe they're going to really try to be the sexiest band ever. Very Happy

XD I sure wouldn't mind. I'm so jealous of my friends who's going to Anime Expo... and I've already demanded that he go and get me any merchandise they have there. XD Though he's a huge Gackt fan, so I'm sure he'd go anyway...
crimson_aria
^ wow, what a lucky friend you have~ I'd go there if I could.. sadly, I'm on the other side of the world. x__x
imera
I am a virgin to the Jrock, but I just love it. Mostly heard only Gackt and Myiavi, and some few other bands, but they are just great.

And them making a group, wonder how it will be, hope as good as they are. Even if I think they are just great as solo I think and hope that comparing their skills they will make some great things.
Sirpale
Yes. I think too, that the band will be something amazing, i hope atleast that they do Very Happy I heard, that the band name is S.K.I.N., not SKIN. But I dont know for sure. ;D And I am sad if Gackt close his solocareer, what he probably will do. He is so good, how I will manage without his music? I hope that their new music will reach to the Gacktos level Cool

And does anyone know where I can order Gacktos posters? And with cheap price Laughing Thanks if anyone of you know and let me know too Smile
Chalchihuitlicue
I'm not going to look into ordering any posters of Gackt until after my friend gets back from AX, since he might buy me one there. I'm not sure if they'd have any posters, but I know cdjapan.co.jp sometimes carries merchandise of musicians (other than cds), as does yesasia.com. Or try amazon.co.jp, or Yahoo Japan auctions. Or just google it - you're bound to find some.
Sirpale
Thanks! Smile
Sirpale
Have anyone heard anything new about SKIN? Tell me, if you know Smile

I cant wate to know whatkind of their first record will be. Razz
Chalchihuitlicue
I haven't really heard much about it... XD I'm actually trying to avoid reading any more about them until after Anime Expo is over so it doesn't make me feel any worse about not being able to go. There is, however, quite a large thread about it on a Malice Mizer/Moi dix Mois/Schwarz Stein/etc forum I'm part of, and I might read through it later. If there's anything of note pertaining to releases, I'll post about it here.
Sirpale
Okay, that's good Wink
Chalchihuitlicue
I've now seen a couple of video clips, and SKIN seems promising. I haven't heard anything about CD releases, yet, though. Or if a tour is in the works or not. But I'll try to remember to keep updating this thread with anything I find out.
Sipe
i've too seen some videos ;> good stuff.
Sipe
hey, I've been wondering, that does Gackt his songs by himself?

I've been heard, that he atleast writes them by himself, is it true?

thanks, if anybody knows! Smile
Chalchihuitlicue
You mean his solo stuff?

The album Diabolos is the only one that I can actually go check, as it's the only one I actually own, but the first part of the credits reads exactly like this:

"All Produced by Gackt
All Music & Lyrics: Gackt C and Gackt's Family"

And then something that I can't read. XD I don't know what the "Gackt's family" part means, but I'd assume that he writes most/almost all of his music.
chastise
EEK, it's official.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skin_%28Japanese_band%29
Chalchihuitlicue
chastise wrote:
EEK, it's official.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skin_%28Japanese_band%29

Rolling Eyes It's been official for a while, if you had bothered to actually read the thread. It was confirmed back in May.
Sipe
Chalchihuitlicue: Thanks!

Anyone know news about S.K.I.N?
mattchun
You are KIDDING me!!!!!!
Could that be true?????
Someone tell me please!
Chalchihuitlicue
READ THE THREAD. Evil or Very Mad

I confirmed it several times, and they've already had one live performance in the USA. I haven't heard anything else about their activities since then, but I'll post here if I find out anything. I'm watching the Jrock forums I'm on for information, there just hasn't been any news regarding SKIN. Bear in mind that the members of SKIN all have solo careers as well (Gackt is releasing a new album soon, with all the stuff he's done for the Gundam series).
Sipe
Any news of them?