FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Are energy drinks healthy?

Nerdlings
I just read an article on the potential harzards of drinking too many energy drinks
Do you think they are unhealthy? Do you drink any?
I have drunk RockStar before, it actually works
Packfan104L4
They're only unhealthy if you drink 5 of em, or if you're pregnant and drink a 2.5 serving can. It literally says on some cans "Don't drink if you're preggers"
et-configs
Packfan104L4 wrote:
They're only unhealthy if you drink 5 of em, or if you're pregnant and drink a 2.5 serving can. It literally says on some cans "Don't drink if you're preggers"

Hahha so sad so so sad!! Laughing They must have been sued before because it has happend.
bmxgv04
Idk man but Monster Is the best

Nerdlings wrote:
I just read an article on the potential harzards of drinking too many energy drinks http://www.usmansworld.com/?p=27

spazbutt32
They're really not healthy. Tons of herbal supplements and a load of caffeine.. if you thought having too much coffee was easy, then you don't know about MONSTER.
bmxgv04
screw coffe, and for me I dont use energy drinks for what their called, I just drink em like a pop or a glass of water just cuz i enjoy the taste.

spazbutt32 wrote:
They're really not healthy. Tons of herbal supplements and a load of caffeine.. if you thought having too much coffee was easy, then you don't know about MONSTER.
justnewbie
All kinds of food and beverages if consumed too much will have a bad effect on health. Even if you drank too much of plain water, it's not good either.
Srs2388
I drank seven of them in one day.... it kind of made me sick afterwords.
In one day I mean in one class period at school. which last approx. 45 minutes.
Tatsumaru
They're not healthy and it's stupid to drink them for no apparent reason. What's the use of building caffein tolerance anyway? I pretty much have no caffein intake at all throughout the day, so when I do have some caffein (in the form of a supplement), I get raging bursts of energy (most of the time). I do this for sports haha.

Caffein rocks if you're using it right. Abuse is bad.
exarkun
Is RedBull counted as a energy drink? I think it must be. Because before I went for my 2.4km jogging I would drink a can of redbull first. And the effect is what they promised you on tv advertments: Red Bull give you wings! =p

I can't really figure out how harmful is that if you drink it in little quantities..
Vrythramax
Just about anything consumed in greater than normal quantities is potentially harmful.

I have not personally heard of any studies that would lead me to believe that energy drinks have any nasty side effects if used properly...but I most certainly could be wrong.
arkebuzer
Vrythramax wrote:
Just about anything consumed in greater than normal quantities is potentially harmful.

I have not personally heard of any studies that would lead me to believe that energy drinks have any nasty side effects if used properly...but I most certainly could be wrong.

Nor have I. But I beleave they should only be used in case of Force majeure Wink
No seriously, they contain a lot of sugar and caffeine(and probably some more stuff we are happily unaware of), wich most likely are not dangerous in moderate ammounts. I´m quite convinced energy drinks are not having a (all in all)positive effect on the body, just like coffee, beer and what not...
So it´s up to everyone to weight the possibly negative effects versus the good one. (captain obvious?)
To end my rant and get back to the topic, I read that article you refered to, and it was quite interesting. I would personally not consider it a very good source of information though since it had no scientific sources, the writer just celled himself "Alex", and it´s an pretty small and unknown site (at least for me).
rightclickscott
Energy Drinks aren't really good for you at all. But that's not stopping me from drinking them. They, apparently, help grow hair, which is a plus for me. Also, Bawls goes great with Vodka.
arkebuzer
rightclickscott wrote:
Energy Drinks aren't really good for you at all. But that's not stopping me from drinking them. They, apparently, help grow hair, which is a plus for me. Also, Bawls goes great with Vodka.

One of my favourite drinks some years ago was F1Vodka, a drink with vodka and a energy drink called F1. (like red bull, but a lot cheaper).
There have been several deaths in sweden due to this mixture though :S
I dont have some international scientific source for it, but one of sweden´s main newspapers wrote about the dangers of mixing energy drinks containing taurin with alcohol in http://expressen.se/1.422895
It´s inzanely tasy though, and makes the rush more intense (as well as heartrate with can cause death)
funnyerror
LOL, now people are gonna start mixing their beer with red bull. Anyway, about the energy drinks in general. Methinks when a drink can cause so many side effects when consumed in a large amount, its obviously not good for you. That's kind of a dumb question.

-FE
JBotAlan
Srs2388 wrote:
In one day I mean in one class period at school. which last approx. 45 minutes.

7 drinks in 45 minutes....HOLY @#@$@#@!!!

I am sure that these drinks are awful for you, but then again anything and everything we do is known to be bad. Right now, you are being dosed with radiation. You are eating preservatives in anything you eat. Pesticides come with lettuce. Some scientists theorized that you absorb nasty chemicals from everything you touch; mainly plastic.
[back_on_topic]
So yes, those drinks are bad for you.
Vrythramax
funnyerror wrote:
LOL, now people are gonna start mixing their beer with red bull....

Shocked Now that's just wrong! What a waste of perfectly good beer! I think the only reason that would make that particular mixture acceptable would be if the energy drink kept you awake so you could drink more beer. Laughing
Hunterseaker
I think the danger of drinking energy drinks is very low, they can provide you just a bit more energy when you need it(after or during sport). The Isotonics in combination with a lot of sugar provides you a energy boost. There is nothing wrong with that as long as you don't drink to much of it.....
erlendhg
arkebuzer wrote:
rightclickscott wrote:

One of my favourite drinks some years ago was F1Vodka, a drink with vodka and a energy drink called F1. (like red bull, but a lot cheaper).
There have been several deaths in sweden due to this mixture though :S
I dont have some international scientific source for it, but one of sweden´s main newspapers wrote about the dangers of mixing energy drinks containing taurin with alcohol in http://expressen.se/1.422895
It´s inzanely tasy though, and makes the rush more intense (as well as heartrate with can cause death)

Oh my. I read that article. That is really nasty stuff...
I only drink energy drinks when I am reeeally tired, and need to wake up quickly Razz
Vrythramax
erlendhg wrote:
Oh my. I read that article. That is really nasty stuff...
I only drink energy drinks when I am reeeally tired, and need to wake up quickly Razz

If you really need to wake up quickly there is a fool-proof method which is not bad for you...a simple cold shower. Wink

However...this will not work if you are at work....unless you had a very understanding boss.
krazy
they aren't really too unhealthy for you unless you drink 5-65 of them one at the back of each other.
i drink them when i need them and i do not find them unhealthy unless as i said above a such an amount is drunk at once
eggg
You know, maybe this is the northwesterner coming out in me, but lattes taste about 50 times as good as any energy drink. At least, at the local coffee shops they do...

And yes, there is a ridiculous level of sodium and caffeine in most energy drinks. The problem is that most people will give you a blank stare when you say "there's a ton of sodium in this, you should watch that." Nutrition is simply not taught in American schools (in my experience, I got about 30 minutes of food pyramid blathering from K-12). And we wonder why we have such an obesity problem in this country. Our country could spend a lot less on healthcare if we spent anything on preventative measures like nutrition education.
hofodomo01
As much as I like carbonated drinks, if it comes in a can, I don't see how it can be really that "healthy" for you. Sure, huffing meth gives you "energy"...don't think I need to talk about the health aspect of that...
Vrythramax
hofodomo01 wrote:
As much as I like carbonated drinks, if it comes in a can, I don't see how it can be really that "healthy" for you. Sure, huffing meth gives you "energy"...don't think I need to talk about the health aspect of that...

I don't really think Meth can be considered an "energy drink", but I do see your point...both contain chemicals and any ingestion of chemicals, even if some of them may be legal (I'm not saying Meth contains anything legal or otherwise) can be potentially harmful...especially if taken in copious amounts.
Jaan
My friend chugged a 2 liter of that mountain dew energy **** and threw up.

EDITED by Vrythramax - Please watch your language.
Arnie
I do know by recent experience that taking too many energy pills like Dextro Energy only harms concentration during exams.
{name here}
Energy drinks don't really taste that good, and they're unhealthy on top of that. Really, I have no need to consume them. Coffee or tea is all I need to drink if I want something that gives me a shot of caffeine and at the same time tastes good.
Crosser
Energy drinks can cause diabetes.
Davidgr1200
Quote:
Is RedBull counted as a energy drink?

Yes, in fact any drink which contains water and sugar can be counted as an energy drink. You can make one yourself by dissolving sugar in water - you can then squeeze in some lemon juice and then you have a far cheaper energy drink with a nice flavour. It's not good for your teeth though. Sad
Vimor
Energy Drinks are a poor excuse to get some energy. Look at all the sugar and everything in them. And then most of the cans are like 3-4 servings but who really reads them and actually would drink 1/4 of the can and save the rest for later? It's always either drink it all or none.
[FuN]goku
well... no i wouldnt consider them healthy.... they have mass amounts of caffiene and sugar... and some other stimulants and junk.... theyre good for every now and again when you need that extra boost...... like in my phys ed classes when i had to run 4k every week Very Happy
windrei
i always wonder why energy can provide energy for you when you are exhausted.... you are exhausted, how come such small bottle can give you energy... i dont think it's healthy. Once i heard from my classmate that he drank a bottle as he needed to work overnight in school. But he said after that night, he needed to "pay the debt" .... that means he slept much more to repay what he gained extra last night.... so funny...
mjohnson
I never drink energy beverages,I consider water as the best drink.
eku53ru
I have never had the urge to try energy drinks (give or take some samples found at wholesale stores around the area), but I have heard things about them from people in class. I remember hearing that Red Bull was just full of sugar from classmates in high school. The only energy drink I gave a try to was, as said before, a sample from the aforementioned store; it was something by Hansen, I believe, and I had tried it when I was ten or so. It was something from Hansen, and I recall that it was a radioactive-green-colored soda, and it tasted bitter.
Drawingguy
I'm just phobic of things marketed for energy. I mean, I really steer clear of anything that promises to create energy, to make you feel better, or to improve your ability (to concentrate, stay awake, whatever). No caffeine for me...
Liu
Vimor wrote:
Energy Drinks are a poor excuse to get some energy. Look at all the sugar and everything in them. And then most of the cans are like 3-4 servings but who really reads them and actually would drink 1/4 of the can and save the rest for later? It's always either drink it all or none.

What about the 0 carb 0 sugar energy drinks?

I drink energy drinks from time to time when I really need them (my stomach doesn't agree with coffee beans), so it's a great alternative for me. It is unhealthy, but my job (software developer) nearly requires caffeine to get through some days. Atleast most energy drinks contain vitamins and ginseng.
Tvis
I thought in France they even forbid Red Bull. But I'm not sure on what basis. I agree with more people here. Too much of everything is bad. Didn't that marathon runner die of too much water in Boston marathon? Imagine that...
bigdan
I drink a can of sugar-free V each morning before work, basically because I need the stimulation and concentration for the first hour, when I get the three most important bulletins to summarise and I need to do it in an hour. And it does work! I find Red Bull to be full of....bull. Razz That doesn't work on me. Both the normal and sugar-free versions of it.

I guess if you follow the directions on the can it's OK.
shorty18
drinking energy drinks too much is pretty bad for you just from personal experience.i've drank 4| 24oz bottles of Rockstar and I was ****** the whole next day. I was so burnt out and sick, it was horrible. It's not that i dont ever drink energy drinks, cause i definately do. i drink them all the time matter of fact, doesnt mean its not bad for me though. Also, you'd start building a bigger and bigger tolerence to it and you'll HAVE to start drinking more and more to get the same boost. its like drugs, you take too much, you build a tolerance and you have to take that much more to get the same high. also not advised to drink if you have any heart problems, my friend with a heart problem drank 6 cans of Vault energy drink (pretty weak energy drinks by the way in my opinion) and he was rushed to the hospital cause it messed his heart up bad. that's all i know though.
Azmo
energy drinks are not healty, unless u actually work out and burn all those fast calories u drink.. cause that's what it is.. a lot of sugar or other sweet ingrediens.. so if you drink them just because u need energy and you arn't working out, you'll gain weight and get even more tired.. no reason to drink them unless you are doing something that rly needs alot of energy (like running a marathon or something)... besides from the calories, they can pretty much f*ck up ur stomache..

so I wouldn't suggest anyone drinking one unless you are in very big need of more energy, before a game or a work out or something, but not to get some more energy in school / at work..
kevin briggs
"Energy drinks" are meant to supply mental and physical stimulation for a short period of time. They usually contain caffeine, taurine (an amino acid, one of the building blocks of protein) and glucuronolactone, a carbohydrate.

"Energy drinks" should not be confused with sports drinks such as Gatorade or Powerade, which re-hydrate the body. These sports drinks also provide sugars, which the body burns to create energy and replenish electrolytes. Electrolytes maintain salt and potassium balances in the body.

The problems with "energy drinks" arise when too many are consumed or when they are mixed with alcohol. For example, they have become popular at all-night dance parties, bars and clubs.

People drink them to keep up their energy during periods of intense physical activity or drink them after exercise to quench their thirst. But rather than re-hydrating their bodies, these drinks may actually lead to dehydration.
exarkun
Energy is really usually and refreshing after a workout or something similar. But most of my friends really treated it as a everyday drink. It is really bad for their health since it contains a lot of excess ions and nutrients..
stevethedog
Back in the old days Lucozade would only be bought if someone in the family was ill. Nowadays I just drink it as I like the taste.

I'm trying to steer clear of energy/isotonic drinks thesedays though and stick to things like smoothies that aren't from concentrate. Innocent smoothies are the best I reckon, loads of different flavours too. All natural.
codelyokogirl
my mom said if it is not natural or organic then it can't be as healthy as they say.
rafifaisal
Hi all,
Well it depends on when and how often you drink these energy drink.
I am quite a fanatical sporter... I work 2 hours / 5 days a week out in the gym and play cricket on Sunday.
After my workout at the gym, every bone, muscle and hair of my body is begging for some sugar. That is when I tend to take an energy drink.
But what do you guys actually understand under energy drink ?
These drinks with guarana or drinks like gatorade...

Guarana drinks are coffee drinks and supposidly help you through the night or when you are tired.
Could be but these have no effect on me.

Gatorade or similar drinks are great after an intensive workout.
ibraltan1
Anything that raises blood sugar in a very short time is harmful to health. But if the ingredients are examined this may be the least harmful way of energy drinks. An energy drink is a type of beverage containing stimulant drugs, chiefly caffeine, which is marketed as providing mental or physical stimulation. There are myriad brands and varieties of energy drinks. They generally contain large amounts of caffeine and other stimulants. Many also contain sugar or other sweeteners, herbal extracts and amino acids and may or may not be carbonated. They are a subset of the larger group of energy products, which includes bars and gels.
Coffee, tea and other naturally caffeinated beverages are usually not considered energy drinks. Soft drinks such as cola, may contain caffeine, but are also not energy drinks. Some alcoholic beverages, such as Four Loko, contain caffeine and other stimulants and are marketed as energy drinks, although such drinks are banned in some American states. What are the long-run effects of an energy drink? Nobody can exactly know. People must be cautious about it.
Simonjw
Great topic Smile.

Sucks it is old now and not many people are keeping up with it as there are so many new energy drinks coming out and so often.

The question is why do people use energy drinks?
Answer: They don't have enough energy to do something.
This is because they aren't eating right which is not healthy and you don't get the right things for your body to function properly on a daily basis.

Straight forward, they are not healthy at all and they will never be. Some may be "healthier" than others due to less chemicals they have in it. But still, they mix so many chemicals together and it is bad for your body especially because these chemicals are not all natural and are also bi-products of natural chemicals which are bad.

Eat healthily and you won't need these energy drinks. There are no shortcuts in life that will benefit you in the long run.

Personally I don't drink them and when I do it is when I am out at a club with friends or a group of girls and they want a Jager Bomb, that is the closest I get to an energy drink. And thankfully it is never a full can and it is always from the promotions cans which are like half the size of a can sold in the supermarket.

It's all just a money thing and you will save more money by eating properly than you actually buying these energy drinks that help you just at that point. Also have the right amount of rest with eating healthy and you will have energy and not be tired throughout your day. If you have a late night commitment, sleep the afternoon then go out. It is simple.
ibraltan1
It is clear that, energy drinks have become increasingly popular over the last few years, and with their association with sports and an active lifestyle, you could easily think that energy drinks might be good for you. And with many of them being marketed to children, parents may be wondering whether or not energy drinks are part of a healthy lifestyle for their kids.The ingredients of energy drinks vary a great deal from one brand to another, but many of them contain potentially harmful substances, such as caffeine, taurine, sugars , sweeteners, herbal supplements, and other ingredients. Although energy drinks are easily confused with sports drinks and vitamin waters, they are actually quite distinct, in that sports drinks and vitamin waters may be suitable for rehydration, whereas energy drinks are not. This is because some of the ingredients in energy drinks carry potential risks, these beverages typically provide little or no benefit, and they can cause drug interactions. The main psychoactive ingredient in energy drinks is caffeine, typically containing from three to five times the amount contained in cola -- the highest concentrations being in "energy shots." But caffeine is a stimulant of the central nervous system, which has effects on the brain that make you feel more alert by blocking the message that tells your brain you are tired.
Unfortunately, while many people find the effects of caffeine pleasantly refreshing, for some, it can induce anxiety, depression, and other unpleasant side effects.
likeabreeze
exarkun wrote:
Is RedBull counted as a energy drink? I think it must be. Because before I went for my 2.4km jogging I would drink a can of redbull first. And the effect is what they promised you on tv advertments: Red Bull give you wings! =p

I can't really figure out how harmful is that if you drink it in little quantities..

When it comes to RedBull, I used to drink it before an school exam,sounds ridiculous,right?But I just want to keep myself from falling asleep during the exam.
It worked well.
But a couple of years ago,there was a guy who drunk five bottles of redbull in order to keep himself awake during the night when he crammed for the exam,the other day,he was found unconcious and then sent to hospital,What a tragedy!
ZeytinGrafik
i would vote against the usage of energy drinks. Consume too much and you may find yourself in an hospital or a grave.
ibraltan1
Consumption of energy drinks by kids is even more harmful than that of others. Kids are consuming more and more caffeine in the form of soda and energy drinks. The average caffeine consumption of teens in the US is 60-70mg per day, but can be as high as 700mg per day. About a third of American teens and half of college students regularly consume energy drinks.
Many caffeinated drinks, including energy drinks, are deliberately marketed to kids. And the reputation of energy drinks as a rather illicit substance -- "speed in a can," "liquid cocaine," and a "legal drug" -- actually fueled their popularity when introduced in Austria after years of legal resistance. The excitement generated in young people at the thought of risk-taking is unfortunate, and at the same time, cynically manipulated by advertisers. Alcoholic energy drinks are particularly concerning as a commodity marketed to risk-taking youth. In this context, energy drinks can even be seen as a gateway drug, paving the way to experimentation with other substances. Sad
ibraltan1
According to vocativ.com Energy Drinks contain secret ingredients that lead teen to drug. “Pass the glycerol ester of wood rosin, brah! According to a new study, teens who love energy drinks are also the ones who smoke, drink and do drugs. So what are we missing? The good stuff, apparently” The website report based on the latest edition of Journal of Addiction Medicine. According to the latest edition of Journal of Addiction Medicine high school students who frequently consume energy drinks are meaningfully more likely to abuse alcohol, cigarettes and other illegal drugs than their tamer peers. The skeptics about energy drinks seems right. Teenage Crunk-chuggers also show more “risk-oriented” and ”sensation-seeking” behavior than the rest of their classmates—so pretty much the cool kids and the burnouts. Since many parents and many teenagers are not aware of these facts, there is great risk of health on the society. But if the seriousness of the evidences are accepted by the governments, there would be a ban on these drinks.
ibraltan1
Who are they? They’re the people who try Salvia for the rest of us and snort Smarties so we don’t have to. And the people with good dealers and older brothers who can purchase 40s. Therefore it’s no surprise that these pimply thrill-seekers would be onto something when it comes to energy drinks. Apart from the heart-throttling levels of sugar and caffeine, just look at the virtual medicine chest of unregulated, exotic, plant-based ingredients that are in every part of today’s popular energy brands. These herbal magic ingredients offer a lot of semi-medicinal, completely not-approved-by-the-FDA benefits like stress decline and raised blood flow to the groin, plus a high to rival whatever’s in the average adolescent bong. In the interest of good health and maybe child safety, the website present the weirdest harmful ingredient they’re putting in energy drinks these days. The greatest duty and responsibility is on the parents’ side. They must learn the facts and must persuade their kids to keep away of these drinks.
ibraltan1
According to the article at vocativ.com many prominent energy drinks have different secret ingredients. Crunk: Secret ingredient: Horny goat weed, ashwagandha, Tweaker: Secret ingredient: Yohimbe, Nos: Secret ingredient: Glycerol ester of wood rosin, XS: Secret ingredient: Schisandra, Astragalus, FRS: Secret ingredient: Quercetin. Street King: Secret ingredient: Acesulfame Potassium (Ace - K), Rockstar: Secret ingredient: Milk Thistle, RedLine: Secret ingredient: Vinpocetine. Each of these secret ingredients might have different affects on human body and psychology. A little search on internet will disclose details of their affects. For instance, Schisandra, also known as Wu Wei Zi, Magnolia vine, Gomishi and Kita-Gomishi, is a viney plant with red berries that grows in Northeast China. According to Chris Kilham, “medicine hunter” on the Dr. Oz show, schisandra berry is a “healing treasure” that results in betterment in liver processing and cardiovascular function and stops premature aging. Dr. Oz has lots to say about astragalus, too, which he calls a life-changing “sweet warming herb.” Life-changing as it may be, even the National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine admits, ”the evidence for using astragalus for any health condition is limited.”
Nyasro
i think it is not that much bad for health..
i am going to try it out Smile
ibraltan1
What makes a food unhealthy? Do we need to see someone becoming ill within a few minutes or hours after having that food? Let’s look at Yohimbe. This aphrodisiac produced from the bark of an evergreen tree in Western Africa is known to “increase blood flow or nerve impulses to the genitals” and arouse excitement, according to WebMD. Future Tweakers beware, but : According to the National Institutes of Health, Yohimbe also comes with a lot of risky-sounding side effects commonly associated with actual meth tweakers, including but not limited to “high blood pressure, increased heart rate, headache, anxiety, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, tremors and sleeplessness.” What about Glycerol ester of wood rosin? Pieces of tree ground up with sugar. Really. Ester of wood rosin is a materials distilled from pine trees that’s mixed with glycerol, a fat-based chemical generally used as a “moistening agent” or “lubricant.” The combination enables fruit oils (ones that flavor sugary drinks like Nos) to effectively mix with water, so that your energy drinks aren’t all oily on the top. This is a kind of oil suspension.
GuidanceReader
The only healthy drink would be water. Some other drinks may have nutrients that are healthy, but only water is, in itself healthy. That being said - it's also nutrient void.
ibraltan1
We must know that water is a sufficient resource of healthiness. But many people want to drink something that is supposed to provide energy. Indeed, the main target is to get a better psychological level in which you feel happier. But, in exchange of what…. For instance you drink something that has Acesulfame Potassium (Ace - K) as a secret ingredient. This is said to be only one of the most dangerous artificial sweeteners in the whole world! In other words, as FitDay.com puts it: ”Of all artificial sweeteners, acesulfame - K has undergone the least scientific detailed examination.” Besides this, The Center for Science in the Public Interest keeps Ace-K, which is two hundred times sweeter than normal sugar, in its “avoid” category, citing safety tests “conducted in the 1970s…of mediocre quality.” This is possibly why it’s widespread known as the “sweet devil.” While even the normal sugar is started to be accepted as unhealthy energy drinks that contain this ingredient are worth keeping away.
paratrixa
At my opinion drink a fresh juice it is better.
moncong
Nerdlings wrote:
I just read an article on the potential harzards of drinking too many energy drinks

they are just good in some ways but its never be healthy, since it force our body to work more by adding some calories
but sometime you can use to boost your body since it have much energy to workout.
Rasco
ibraltan1
Since people continue to consume more and more energy drinks have become a major subject. It is claimed that there are important side effects from the ingredients in energy drinks. A recent research “To describe the epidemiology and toxicity of caffeinated energy drink exposures in Australia” showed that the risks with excess consumption of energy drinks. This data was collected from seven years of calls to the Australian Poisons Center. Side effects are listed in order of most common to least common: Palpitations / tachycardia, tremor / shaking, agitation / restlessness, gastrointestinal upset, chest pain / ischaemia, dizziness / syncope, paraesthesia (tingling or numbing of the skin), insomnia, respiratory distress , headache. Vitamins and supplements that are contained by energy drinks must be warned on their label since over-consumption can be dangerous. In the short run, most of the people will have no side effects from drinking energy drinks. However, in the long run, the degree of safety of consuming energy drinks is not fully clear. So it is better to think twice before getting accustomed to drink them.
Rasco
Benefits of Alkaline Water Flask

Helps filter your water of chlorine and other contaminants

Help improve your systemic acid/alkaline balance

Provide you with an abundance of Negative Ions

Smaller Molecular Water Cluster Size to help increase your hydration

Has a low negative ORP - providing you with powerful antioxidant potential

Provides Far Infared Ray ionization

Supplies Active Hydrogen ions
Pippo90
They become unhealthy if you drink them too often. Once every three-four days shouldn't hurt anybody.
ibraltan1
Caffeine is one of the most common energy drink ingredients and has a number of potential side effects which could result from having too much of them from your favorite energy beverage. It is also one of the most widely consumed substances in the globe. However an amount of 200 – 300 mg might give some outcomes of preliminary symptoms such as agitation, sleeplessness, a rise in heartbeat. Indeed, people who take too much it must know that greater dosages may result in much more effects: Rise in blood pressure, palpitations of heart, some kind of disorder of gastrointestinal system such as diarrhea, a rise in urination, tetchiness, sickness, dizziness, anxiety, jitters. Besides these there could be severe allergic reactions. These
allergic results could be in very long list of outcomes such as skin complaint, rash, prurition, trouble in breathing, tightness in the chest, inflammation of the (lips, tongue, mouth or face), squits, instability, insomnia (trouble sleeping), nausea. Apart from these there could be harsh exhaustion from withdrawal.
ibraltan1
By the way, before I forget, there is an interesting claim that high dosage of caffeine intake may result Breast shrinkage in females.
zimmer
Nerdlings wrote:

I dont drink that much on energy drink but i just choose mild such as gatorade.

I like gatorade it really dehydrates your body specially if you have LBM.

I have tried it so much and it is really a thirst quencher.
deanhills
zimmer wrote:
Nerdlings wrote:

I dont drink that much on energy drink but i just choose mild such as gatorade.

I like gatorade it really dehydrates your body specially if you have LBM.

I have tried it so much and it is really a thirst quencher.
I find the same with gatorade. Definitely an excellent thirst quencher.
Sylin
I don't know about any bodily effects energy drinks may have, short-term or long-term. But I am experiencing others around me increasing their consumption of these drinks (it's currently exam period in my uni).

I only drink water, juices or tea myself. But I personally feel that in some cases, energy drinks are turned to in the presence of an unhealthy studying routine (I don't know much to say about the drinks themselves). I know one of my friends who is trying hard not to have exam panic and worked until late hours.
Of course one will feel tired over the period of the day in such cases, coupled with the resulting lack of work productivity, the guilt then drives them to work even more hours later into the night and still trying to get up early to go back to studying, hence their reliance on those drinks to keep them concentrated all throughout the day.
It's a vicious cycle to me.
Their health aside, I don't think it is not a good circumstance to be in when their goal is trying to learn something.
ibraltan1
Most of the energy drinks have caffeine. Apart from other harmful effects that have been listed above, if you got hooked to caffeine and in case you do not get it hurting withdrawal indications. These withdrawal symptoms could be very stark. If it is needed to comment on them, the first significant one is headache. Typically this sort of headache initiates at the rear of the eyes and surges up to the front of the skull. The second severe effect of lacking caffeine is sleeplessness. An addict deprived of caffeine can be tired. Nonetheless, really it is very dissimilar than normal sleepiness. Despite the fact one is sitting up straight, he or she still might not be able to his or her eyes open. Touchiness is a third sort of consequence. Irritability could be at a level that you are got on your last nerve by anybody and anything. It is proposed to lock you in a room during this time. Caffeine addiction could be very harmful in terms of psychological and physical health.
somo60
Nerdlings wrote:

The only healthy effect is that it is tasty
somo60
I read that rice with a chaff is healthy. Is it?
Rasco wrote:
somo60
ibraltan1 wrote:
Caffeine is one of the most common energy drink ingredients and has a number of potential side effects which could result from having too much of them from your favorite energy beverage. It is also one of the most widely consumed substances in the globe. However an amount of 200 – 300 mg might give some outcomes of preliminary symptoms such as agitation, sleeplessness, a rise in heartbeat. Indeed, people who take too much it must know that greater dosages may result in much more effects: Rise in blood pressure, palpitations of heart, some kind of disorder of gastrointestinal system such as diarrhea, a rise in urination, tetchiness, sickness, dizziness, anxiety, jitters. Besides these there could be severe allergic reactions. These
allergic results could be in very long list of outcomes such as skin complaint, rash, prurition, trouble in breathing, tightness in the chest, inflammation of the (lips, tongue, mouth or face), squits, instability, insomnia (trouble sleeping), nausea. Apart from these there could be harsh exhaustion from withdrawal.
Drink cacao instead. It taste as chocolate and health for heart.
ibraltan1
Thanks somo60 cacao could be healthier choice as a beverage.
As I mentioned before most of the energy drinks contain caffeine which can be source of an addiction. Withdrawal symptoms of it could be severe and painful. Apart from headache, insomnia, tiredness, irritability, tetchiness there are other symptoms that everybody who wants to drink these energy drinks must be aware. For example lethargy is very important. You will not want to do anything. You will lose your motivation to produce something. This situation will result further psychological, individual and social complicated problems. The other item that I want to mention is constipation. Bowel is stimulated by caffeine. Therefore the colon becomes a little cranky without its daily intake. Thirdly, one of the most important outcomes of it is depression. Joy of living can be taken away in case of caffeine withdrawal. Diagnosis or identification of real cause of depression is not always easy. If you already have this kind of problem you must also aware of caffeine related situations.
mshafiq
I don't think they are because they are not even energy drinks. They just have some psychological effect on brains.
ibraltan1
Unless the factors affecting the body health are isolated, and some experiments under are done for each one it is not possible to judge absolutely about a particular cause that is suspicious for a specific effect. Even in that case the verified “scientific realities” will be subject of new and better experiments in terms of their validity. Science could provide knowledge as long as the never ending questioning continues. On the other hand psychological effect on brains cannot be scorned and neglected. Even the power of the mood of a person can cover or hide the physiological situation making harder to investigate about effects of a specific cause. For example, take idea of “caffeine causes insomnia”. Who can claim that this is true in all possible case of caffeine intakes? Cannot be there situations in which this inference is wrong. Supposing there is caffeine – addict who is accustomed to very high level of daily caffeine. Even though same amount of caffeine intake causes insomnia for an average person that would have no such effect on addicted person.
steeve
I take Redbull as a energy drink....
ibraltan1
The hazards of energy drinks are getting a lot of media owing to the pure size of energy stimulating products in the market and the comfort of access to these by children. While some energy drinks don’t have as much caffeine as coffee, they are seriously sugared and easy to drink, which attracts more to the younger people. Consequently, it can be seen that there are increased amount of cases of those eighteen and younger experiencing hazardous side effects from having too many such energy drinks at one time. What are these serious dangers of drinking too many energy drinks at one time? First of all cardiac arrest… People who have underlying heart problems have gone into cardiac arrest having after just a few energy drinks. It is better to know about the health situation of one’s heart before having caffeine or energy drinks. Scientific studies Show that forceful heart contractions can be caused by energy drinks that might be harmful to some people having heart problems. Secondly headaches and migraines, thirdly insomnia are important results. The others can be count as type 2 diabetes, drug interaction, addiction, risky behavior, jitters and nervousness, vomiting, allergic reactions.
steeve
paratrixa wrote:
At my opinion drink a fresh juice it is better.

I agree with you. Fresh juice is the best energy drink. I prefer juice in breakfast that keep me healthy.
tonberry
Energy drinks are a completele crap. It's better if you start taking amphetamines, despite becoming a wreck, you'll still be healthier after a year than after drinking lots of energy drinks.

Of course there are some people who seem resistant to the crap that's there, but they're an exception. I knew a guy who used to drink a lot of them before exams and one time he didn't pass because he has passed up in front of a book one night - heart attack. He survived, but I knew another person that didn't - that one was drinking huge amounts of those; total addiction. It killed him.

Three more people I know who drink a lot constantly complain about their health - this hurts, that feels weird etc. Another problem is the low level of energy you'll eventually get yourself into after drinking a lot of those drinks. Every abuse of a stimulating substance ultimately leads into having low base energy level and necessity to drink the crap a person is addicted to to bring it up to what normal people have without drugs.

Ask your coffee-addicted friends to not drink one in the morning and see how they do if you need a proof Wink

Introducing any mood-altering substance into the daily routine is a ridiculously stupid decision. Even if someone has shit-low levels of energy, is constantly apathetic etc. sooner or later he needs to face it and start to find ways to work around his limitations or get used to living with them. Improvers like energy drinks first give you slight boost and then take back with 6000% interest rates. Not the best deal to be made.
ibraltan1
What happens when alcohol is combined with energy drinks? Energy drinks are also treated as mixers with alcohol. This mixture brings a lot of possible hazards: Since alcohol is a depressant and energy drinks are stimulants, the mixture of consequence may be perilous. While the stimulant effects can disguise how under the influence of intoxication you are and prevent you from understanding how much alcohol you have drunk. Tiredness is one of the signals the body more often than not tells someone that they have had sufficient to drink. On the other hand, the stimulant outcome can provide the person the feeling they are not damaged themselves. It does not matter how watchful you consider, the alcohol concentration of your blood (BAC) is at the same level as it would be with no energy drink. Persons will perceive incorrectly their capability to carry out difficult tasks like crossing an active street or driving a car. On one occasion the stimulant end product tapers off, the depressant special effects of the alcoholic beverages will stay behind and could cause respiratory hopelessness or queasiness in your sleep.
handfleisch
Nerdlings wrote:

Avoid them. Drink natural drinks. Coffee for example.
ibraltan1
Since it causes an kind of addiction people who prefer to consume it have a tendncy to refuse research results that disturbs them. Most caffeinated beverages contain a lot of caffeine, which can give an impermanent jolt of energy. Some caffeinated beverages contain sugar and different substances. The support is brief, be that as it may, and may be joined by different issues. For instance, caffeinated drinks that contain sugar may add to weight pick up — and a lot of caffeine, or caffeine - like substances, can prompt: Anxiety, Peevishness, A sleeping disorder ,Quick pulse, Expanded pulse. Blending caffeinated drinks with liquor may be considerably more hazardous. Caffeinated beverages can limit the sentiment inebriation, which may prompt heavier drinking and liquor related wounds. For the vast majority, intermittent caffeinated beverages are fine, yet attempt to confine yourself to around 16 ounces (500 milliliters) a day. In case you're reliably exhausted or rundown, in any case, consider a superior — and more advantageous — approach to help your vitality.
lightwate
Yes, energy drinks are unhealthy for you. Here's a somewhat disturbing video that claims to be a result of drinking too much energy drink. It's a heart pounding really hard. I'm not sure if energy drinks are the cause of the one in the video, but when I was a high school part of our bio experiment is dropping caffeine to a live frog's heart and watching it go into a frenzy.

ibraltan1
Authorities suggest to get sufficient rest, incorporate physical action in your every day schedule, and eat a solid eating routine. In the event that these methodologies don't appear to, counsel your specialist. At times exhaustion is an indication of a hidden therapeutic condition, for example, hypothyroidism or iron deficiency. There are a couple bunches for which caffeinated beverages are commonly not suggested. In the event that you have a basic condition, for example, coronary illness or hypertension, inquire as to whether caffeinated beverages may bring about entanglements. Young people, pregnant ladies and ladies who are bosom sustaining might need to stay away from or particularly restrict utilization of these refreshments. Besides this, with the developing prominence of caffeinated beverages, numerous folks have ended up worried about the amount of caffeine their children are getting. In order to have a light on this subject, The American Academy of Pediatrics suggests that teenagers get close to 100 milligrams of caffeine a day. More youthful kids should not drink energized refreshments at all.
Insanity
I think like everything else in this world, moderation is key. That doesn't mean you should drink 3 or 4 energy drinks, but realize that the amount of caffeine in those drinks are a lot more thany ou would normally drink through other more natural means liek tea or maybe even coffee. There's also so much sugar in there that it couldn't be great for you if you drank more than one or two. Depending on your situation, I wouldn't drink more than one or two of these a day otherwise you risk SOME damage to your body from all that energy.

I don't understand people drink so much everyday either. I think if you really need that energy, you should find it somewhere else by doing a change to your routine, because there shouldn't be a need for someone to drink so much caffeine everyday. Maybe you can sleep better, or eat better, in order to get more sleep that will allow you to be more active and less tired without the need for additional energy drinks.
ibraltan1
Individual reactions to caffeine fluctuate, and these beverages ought to be dealt with precisely due to how intense they are. Caffeinated beverages' fortifying properties can help the heart rate and circulatory pressure (some of the time to the point of palpitations), get dried out the body, and, as different stimulants, prevent rest. Caffeinated beverages ought not be utilized while practicing as the blend of liquid loss from sweating and the diuretic nature of the caffeine can leave somebody extremely dried out. At the point when utilized at times, caffeinated beverages may not be terrible for you, but rather they shouldn't be seen as "common natural options" either. A portion of the cases they make like "enhanced concentration and performance" can be deceiving. They are advertised as dietary supplements, and the FDA does not favor or survey the items before they are sold. Some caffeinated drinks have no caffeine yet rather utilize the stimulant guarana, which is what might as well be called caffeine. Others might say that one can is two servings so you need to figure the right measure of caffeine.