FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I want to take a picture of my screen

pollux1er
When i have some problems for example, i need to take some picture of the screen to post them. is there any tip on windows to make it?
Animal
Simply press the "Print Screen" button - this places a "copy" of the screen image into the clipboard. You can then paste this into a word document or a new bitmap image for example. Once you save the document, you can then edit it or post it online to get some help.

Hope this answers your question.
imagefree
Press Print Screen Button. (You can find it at the right top of your keyboard).

Open MSPAINT, and press Ctrl+V or simpaly paste the image through menu and save the file. You are done. You have succesfully captured the image to .bmp file.
iNs@nE
imagefree wrote:
Press Print Screen Button. (You can find it at the right top of your keyboard).

Open MSPAINT, and press Ctrl+V or simpaly paste the image through menu and save the file. You are done. You have succesfully captured the image to .bmp file.

JPEG if you want a smaller sized image. That'd be better if you're planning on uploading the image to the net.

The image quality will be lil less - but hey..so is that size.
silverdown
I have been using this for like 2 -3 years and it freeware.

http://www.relaxingsoftware.com/turbosnaphome.htm
budazz
just use the print scr............... its the most simple way of capturing some shots in your screen
pollux1er
Thanks to you all for your help. That's was what i needed.
kiranaghor
Google for 'SnagIt'. I think its very popular.
Tartaglia
THe printscreen method works well, but I suggest saving it as .png.
.png is low on file size, and does no distortion.
Also, if you are trying to rip sprites from a game or something, try animget.
If you want to record your screen to make a movie or something, use a screenrecorder.
blueray
Also done that was the alt-print screen.
That will give you capture only the active windows but not the whole desktop if you only need that. Save to jpeg will imaging (build-in with windows 2000)
imagefree
Tartaglia wrote:
THe printscreen method works well, but I suggest saving it as .png.
.png is low on file size, and does no distortion.
Also, if you are trying to rip sprites from a game or something, try animget.
If you want to record your screen to make a movie or something, use a screenrecorder.

PNG is doesnt create a low format file.
It keeps perfect high resolution but the size increases beyond limits.
I also prefer png but remember, it results in a huge file (may be in MBs)
Indyan
Use png if the screen contains a lot of letters. Else use jpeg. If properly compressed png can be small too.
But, dont use MS Paint. Its a very bad idea.
Use irfan view to paste it into (its free and small and can be downloaded from www.irfanview.com). While saving as jpeg set quality to 70% and for png set it to 6.
If you want a better freeware option download FastStone Capture v5.3 : http://public.planetmirror.com/pub/freewarefiles/FSCaptureSetup53.exe

Or use Screenshot Captor : http://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Mouser/screenshotcaptor/index.html
tony
silverdown wrote:
I have been using this for like 2 -3 years and it freeware.

http://www.relaxingsoftware.com/turbosnaphome.htm

actually, there is no need for this if u r in windows. if u r in windows, just push "print screen" and then the screen is on your clipboard. to save a lossless image without using as much space as BMP, use PNG. JPEG is much smaller but is lossy so your corners will become blurry, etc
Indyan
The software I provided can do things you cannot with just Prnt Screen. For eg. it can capture windows with verticall scrolling. It would scroll down the window itself and capture the entire thing in 1 shot.
jay84h
What if you would like to take screenshots on the fly, such as taking screenshots while gaming in games such as Counter-Strike: Source.
satyamy
pollux1er wrote:
When i have some problems for example, i need to take some picture of the screen to post them. is there any tip on windows to make it?

its very simple man
just use Print Screen Preview button (press it once)
than just one MS Paint
& Press Ctrl+V
or use paste command
& you have got it
Right!!!
Indyan
jay84h wrote:
What if you would like to take screenshots on the fly, such as taking screenshots while gaming in games such as Counter-Strike: Source.

Use the softwares I mentioned. They can automatically take the screenshot and save the file, without requiring your interferance. All you need to do is press the appropriate hotkey.