FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

My art work...

laurenrox
Okie, I'm new to photoshop, so I've been playing around with it some and so far I have a couple of pictures down. The original sketches were done by hand, but the coloring was done in photoshop... Good or bad? Just want some feed back... Some tips (if you have any) would be great too...

sambhav
Good work . Keep it up.
Annush_K
Very good for a beginner Very Happy Actually better than what I do in PS xD
Keep up your work, I'm sure you'll go far. Very Happy
And btw I envy your skill with humans Smile
Magicman
Not bad at all for a beginner. There seems to be some little detail thats off but I can't quite put my finger on it.
prole
Something is however, a little bit not-so-right in the shoulder/upper arm part of the first picture as I personally see. Other than that, the overall figure proportion should be worked on as well. But good enough as a beginner.
Alie
Nice work buddy Twisted Evil You can't call yourself "new in photoshop" if you've started working on vertex painting.
laurenrox
Vertex painting? I have no idea what that is... lol... explain? I've only been using photoshop for a couple of weeks now...
Ghost900
Very good job on drawing the images and coloring the drawings in photoshop.

I know drawing people can be hard so I think you did very well.
another_artist
Very nice job for just beggining... I suggest you learn the pen tool for lineart and also getting a wacom tablet for digital painting
fizzo
Very nice job.. you got a good artistic hands keep it up never stop learning new things and techniques keep practicing for you to be much better.. Good Job.. I like the sketches..
paulrodga
oooh! so cool...^^

keep on working;)

bye!
tefa_taftaf2010
they are good .. you aren't a new Surprised

the hand drawing and also the colors are so great..

i like also the way that the first girl is standing.. so nice Idea
Bengt
looks good man,
the coloring is pretty much oke (even more than that Wink )
laurenrox
Thanks for all the feedback guys (even though no one has told me what vertex painting is yet). I'm glad you like my art work. I'll probably post some more soon. But until then you'll have to be patient. Razz. Lol, neways, thanks again!
Seiorai
laurenrox wrote:
Thanks for all the feedback guys (even though no one has told me what vertex painting is yet). I'm glad you like my art work. I'll probably post some more soon. But until then you'll have to be patient. Razz. Lol, neways, thanks again!

Well, Vertex painting is more of a 3-D term, so applying it to 2-D CG is not pretty correct XD
But yea, it's a form of Shading, where you apply depth and light to a texture Wink
What you are doing can be referred to as a CG, or shading of a lineart. A beginning of Digital Painting.

And yeah, the shoulders and bust could use some work, that's for the original lines, while you should look up/practice shading.
Play with light a little more, your surfaces are currently very very plain and flat, especially the skin.
Looking at how you shaded the clothes, I say you could shade the skin as well *nodnod*

Anyway, for a "newbie" in Photoshop, these are really good =]
Keep up, I'll be watching around for more from you.
Keran
It's something I wouldn't be able to do, so I guess I'm impressed with your work.
Good job and keep it up ;]
Sickness
very nice pictures, man
unknownc1c
wow nice! I really like the hair on them. It looks really cool, that's faaaar better then anything i could ever do haha. I can only use programs like paint shop pro to make cool looking backgrounds >.< lol, oh well.
Sipe
They are really good works! One thing, what I have to say Very Happy
That those eyes are a little bit too low. And the nose is maybe a little bit too up. But those are just suggestions. Keep working, try some different dimension, then you can do some different people Wink Good luck! Smile