FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Flatout 1 vs 2

spinout
I played Flatout 2 recently and I don't know why they made it so 'arcade'... The prior was so good, now the car hardly moves when smashing into something... I still play the old one, thats my favorite car game.
WRC Meister
i played the demo of the 2΄er and have 1 full, in 2 its to arcade, not relistic, try to roll over and do crazy flips and you can see how rubbish it is, the 1 is better
spinout
I get so mad how the fins (it's from Finland) can ruin a game????!!!!!

We got hundreds of arcade car racing games... Why another when the concept was so good???

I have played to first one 3 whole times... Still is a blast of fun.

The 2 has internet support actually, I tested once, but since it isn't any fun anyhow it's a waste of time.... I wish the first one had it... Only Lan what I have seen/tested.

Well, off to play the first one.!!!
WRC Meister
yes, i just got to gold with the blade in Flatout 1, and its sooooo fast, but its very weak, the Speeddevil seems to be stronger, and yes, i have all Chassi upgrades, and not full engine, if i just bump into the fence at low speed i fly all over, and it runs 300 Kph(180 MPH) if giving NOS, so its very fast, and the supension bumps and gets so darn crazy when you crashed a little, makes it imposseble to drive
ForceRun
I loved Flatout 1 and still think it is the best. I own Flatout 2, and like it a lot too. I think they could have done a lot better on it; however, Flatout 2 is still a great game and worth playing. It has a lot of fun modes and a lot more options. The graphic are more stylized, but the explotions look great.
achowles
I've got the second one and I personally quite like it. The racing is too arcade orientated though and all too often the track becomes so littered with debris that it becomes very hard to drive. I wasn't expecting another TOCA, but I can't help but feel they've tried to crank up the fun factor to the point where it often isn't much fun anymore because of what they've sacrificed in the process. Ironic and unfortunate, but there you go.

That aside, it's a great game game for the most part. I love the way they've designed the various cars and tracks. I find it slightly odd how the compact cars and pickups outperform the sports cars, sort of like they overdid the balancing, but meh.

In any case I picked up a copy, brand new, for £3. So I'm certainly not complaining.

I don't think that the first one made it to PC so I'll have to trust in your judgement that it's better.
spinout
I tell you I just started over Flatout 1, for the third time... That's a good game when I do that...