FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Star Control 2 / The Ur-quan Masters

David_Pardy
Anyone here play this (these) games?

UQM is the open source remake of Star Control 2, which was the best game ever (made in 1992).

Basically, you start off at the outer edge of our solar system (Sol), and you have to visit planets, other star systems, meet other alien races, collect various artifacts, and so on, until you work your way through finishing the game.

All the aliens have a very unique and well-developed personality, you can ally or become at war with almost all the races (some you can never ally with, and some you can never go to war with).

Anyway, I require everybody here to have a go at the game. It's fantastic and you'll be sucked in for hours. I'm no good at describing it, and I probably made it sound boring but believe me - it's not!!!

So go download the Ur-quan Masters right now!!

http://sc2.sourceforge.net/
Ecthelion
Yep I also played it but it got boring in the end so I stopped.
It's a low-graphics game in which you control a starship (that you can customize) an you have to free your ppl from ... the urquan masters (really!)

If they would make a 3d remake with more possibilities it would be nicer...
I'm always looking for a nice space trade game and I never find a good one.

Urquan is funny in trading. You can trade for money and for biological samples, which you hav to get in far away planets.
Kitten Kong
Wow, im surprised to see this game mentioned here, i haven't played that in years, i used to love it. I played it again and again. You're right, there are never any good space trading games, you get something good like freelancer but although i played it longer than i should because i really wanted it to be good, it just had too many flaws. Story of gaming these days i guess.