FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What is the best country to invest?

heridlia
What is the best country to invest?

China? India? United States? or Where?

Thanks a lot.
bogger
Investing is a lot more complex than just mentioning the country, you might want to consider investing in a company

However, if that's too hard, just give your money to a company, and they'll invest it for you, much easier
spinout
Minor Companies i Europe has had a very good year...
As well as the rest of the world.
Here in Sweden we have a all time high at the stockmarket. Most points to sell your stocks ,
BUt the opinion thinks that the market will continue to rise during the year!!!

So here the most popular (the last years) market have been Russia...
The value has gone up several times since 2002, when it had a short downperiod.

Asia is also rising... Good time to buy the forecast says.

Also we have a good labormarket, plenty of work in Sweden - so our market is fair to invest in also.
bogger
I wouldn't advise investment in Russia, a mixture of corruption and uneasy politics means that any small company can die within a few days, and any big companies can have a "yukos" done to them

Asia is in a good position following the downgrading of it's stocks in February.
But they are very dependent on a strong American market, and if the USA market collapses due to a property bubble burst, you could get your hands burnt
lukejones
This is a very interesting subject.
The two poorest countries in the world are Bangladesh and Angola. Angola is also one of the fastest growing economies in the world. Although the economy is low and there is great proverty there, there are also many resources and an apparently secure future.
Not only is it economically a good choice, but you'll also get great satisfaction helping to build up a once broken people.
I am considering investing there.

Luke
bogger
@ Bangladesh: Unfortunately, There was an Army Takeover there recently, and the country is very corrupt, DO NOT invest there, seriously! (I can go into this, but I assume you know it all already)

@ Angola, let's get some stats: (from www.economist.com)

First off, it calls the country's "unpopular government... breathtakingly corrupt"

http://www.economist.com/research/backgrounders/displaystory.cfm?story_id=2375406.

And it also has very few bilateral trade deals to export to, I'd say a no go too, but not as bad as bangladesh
bangala
It is really hard to answer such question without specifing some more details like what type of investment are you looking for and what is your budget?
Also, are you interseted in a direct investing by initiating a project in that country or rather in buying from a secondary market like the stock market, for example?
In general, North America and the European Unions are known to be the best markets for investing due to political and economical stability, legislations, transparancy, less corruption, and a history of good returns on investment.
LumberJack
Canada is doing really well as well. Our dollar has hit a 30 year high, and our stock market (TSE) is above 14,000 points.

I have a feeling that our central bank is going to raise interest rates by a quarter in a few months, so you might want to consider that.
LumberJack
Actually, the question is what do you want to invest in?

Is it currency? Stocks? Bonds? Funds? It does matter Smile
Packfan104L4
I just invest in international funds (basically non-American funds). I have a steady rate fund based out of the US and 60% based internationally. It's risky, but I'm just starting off with my 401k so it's not THAT risky.
Wynand
Investment decisions is quite complex. Let me assume the following: You want to invest your money risk free. That means that you want to invest in a bank in another country.

(You can also invest in other financial instruments like shares, debentures etc. But then you would have to accept some risk that you are not going to get all your money back. The plus side is that the return on higher risk investments are higher.)

There are thus 2 considerations you must take into account: (1)The interest rate that you will receive on your money and (2) the inflation rate of your country and the countries’ you are investing in.

Obviously you want an inflation rate lower than your own countries’ inflation rate. This means that money will loose it value in the other country slower than in your country. This is one of the reasons why many investors invest in other countries.

You also would want the highest interest rate.
yazi_reloaded
If you need to invest , India is a safe bet. With a lot of poverty, the offshoring is here to stay for quite sometime. And corruption is decreasing due to media exposures. Plus mind scape of people is broadening.
slasonic
Oil has been fantastic here in the US. I didn't invest in it, but now wish I had. I suspect it has some more value, until some alternative energy gains enough strength
Coclus
Invest in Argentinia I would say... Very fast growing economy, however it is risky.
bogger
Argentina is almost bankrupt, that would definately be a high risk venture, not one I'd take, personally
illegalhost
best country to invest is your own country!!! patriotism is very important!!! LOL. i was just kidding back there..... but honestly, do your research and get the most accurate and reliable resources..... def the forum is a 50-50 chance.... u would be better off to get the resources frm banks such as Citi, or Morgan Stanley..... i guess these days the emerging market and country is the best... also, Singapore seems very WHITE HOT these days!!! Malaysia, India, China is developing.... Vietnam, and Thailand also coming as emergers in the future...... so, it really depends on how much and how long u are willing to keep and also how big is ur risk factors...... are u willing to wait for country such as Phillipines for say, 10 yrs before they can emerge better off than today?? if not, u could aim for developed countries like Singapore. These countries are quite reliable in terms of infrastructure and good government laws...... most importantly, are they able to withstand the bear period??? so, like i said, do ur research CAREFULLY......... good luck!!!!! Laughing
richard270384
Hi there,

Investing is always risky (i.e. A gamble).

If you are willing to accept the risk and feel you have the expertise to handle your investments yourself, then I can only suggest Brasil, Russia, India and China (BRIC).

BRIC countries have economies which are currently regarded as 'emerging markets'. What this means is that these countries have economies (and investment opportunities) which are currently growing, and while these countries aren't economic powerhouses at the moment, by 2050 it is expected that these 4 markets will all be amoung the top 7 or 8 economies in the world.

The fact that you are asking this question makes me think that you dont have the proper expertise to manage an investment like this by yourself. My advice, find a managed fund that invests only in international markets and let the professiuonals handle the individual investment of your money.

Cheers,
Richard
thealpha
All developing countries. High risk high return!!
lukejones
bogger wrote:
@ Bangladesh: Unfortunately, There was an Army Takeover there recently, and the country is very corrupt, DO NOT invest there, seriously! (I can go into this, but I assume you know it all already)

@ Angola, let's get some stats: (from www.economist.com)

First off, it calls the country's "unpopular government... breathtakingly corrupt"

http://www.economist.com/research/backgrounders/displaystory.cfm?story_id=2375406.

And it also has very few bilateral trade deals to export to, I'd say a no go too, but not as bad as bangladesh

Do you have any positive suggestions?
lukejones
Wynand wrote:

Obviously you want an inflation rate lower than your own countries’ inflation rate. This means that money will loose it value in the other country slower than in your country. This is one of the reasons why many investors invest in other countries.

You also would want the highest interest rate.

This is true if you remain in your original country. This would be different if you moved to the country you invest in, which is what I had in mind when I commented on Angola and Bangladesh.
lukejones
I don't think Argentina is a good idea!
I would also consider investing with banks, irrespective of what country they're in.
I have a bank account with an Italian bank that let's me put an amount of money in for a monthly interest paid back to me.
bogger
lukejones, no, if I did, I'd be investing in them instead of posting on this crummy forum Wink
gscs
i guess ... at this moment, that's a trend; everybody is looking forward to squeezeing into china and india market. perhaps, one thing that can not deny is that these two giant countries will have a big influence to the world economy , in one day!

with the low labour cost, rich of resources, huge population, advance technology, stable political, have bring a lots of opportunities to these countries to stand up among others country.

so, for me. i feel that if the world is peace, if there're fair in competition, no quote, bribery,
no matter wherever you invest, you 'll be able to get back the return you desire.

that's just my opinion..... Wink
LukeZone
India, China are often compared as big markets that foreign investors find lucrative…..

So many foreign investors have burnt their fingers. In the 1990s, there was a discussion among them as to the size of the Indian middle class. 10 million, 20 million, 50 million… some guys calculated it as 150 million!

So there was a huge disappointment on the part of the consumer products' MNCs in general about the purchasing power of this 'middle class'. They were trying to make money in dollars.

They look at what products they can sell here. They now say this is not an interesting market!
imagefree
i fairly suggest you to invest in Pakistan, if you are interested. Its not just because that i am a Pakistani. But the reason is that i am in this field (Economics and Business) and i am having a close look on the economy of Pakistan. And i feel it has great attraction for foreigners.
gscs
hi! luke,
i totally agree that. even the precident of singapore, mr. lee also burnt his fingers when he brought so many investors to china for the first time.

sometime you lose, sometime you win; the bigest glory is not never fallen, but is raising up everytime you fall. .... Very Happy
gerpg
In terms of earning interest in bank deposits, New Zealand is currently the Highest percentage in the world, followed by Australia.

In terms of exchange rates, New zealand and canada are almost $1 for $1 with the US currency atm, moving your money out of the US and into one of these countries for 6 months then moving it back when the exchange rate favours you may become a heifty price, but do it quickly, the US$ is becoming stronger again everyday since its recent weakness.

Hope this is helpful, Its what iv'e learnt in my economics class.

Louis.
lukejones
Hello,
I would like to know more about this.
How much is the interest rate in New Zealander banks?
Are you talking about investing or loans?
Cddhesh
I think you should focus on Asian countries that are rising with great speed.I myself planning to invest in China.
jelen
mmhh ... about china

The paradox of China investing right now is that even though the economy is screaming along, China's

domestic markets are sucking wind—and have been for years. To experienced investors, this is not so

surprising—economic performance and stock performance often diverge—but it has left most of China's

tens of millions of retail investors feeling surly and begging for government handouts to cover their

losses. Normally, this is an excellent time to buy (when everyone else thinks you're crazy), but in the

case of China's domestic markets, the half-decade decline has only rendered stocks "expensive" instead

of "outrageous." Sadly, they're still miles from "cheap."
dbhai
Investing should be made partly in many countries so to get good yeild.
johnBdoe
China and India are so yesterday. You should look at emerging countries like Vietnam, Russia, Poland, Brazil, Venezuela. Invest in countries that have potential and stable, and not countries that have been mentioned about worth investing in financial magazines ages ago.
gcaughill
The question "What is the best country to invest in?" is a bit misleading.

Do you mean investing directly in the country (via government or currency) or do you mean investing in companies/industries within that country.
gmc360
IF ANY 1 IS INTERSTED TO INVEST MONEY THEN BANGLADESH IS A VERY GOOD PLACE TO INVEST ...I HAVE PREETY GUD PLANS ..FROM WHERE YOU WILL BE ABLE TO ..OVER COME YOUR MONEY WITHIN A YEAR .ANY GET THE PROFIT .IF WANT TO BUY A BROKER HOUSE IN BANGLADESH THEN I CAN MANAGE YOU 1.so please contact me asap ..beforee it gets sold .this is my id send me Mail .tall_hunk@hotmail.com
deanhills
gcaughill wrote:
The question "What is the best country to invest in?" is a bit misleading.

Do you mean investing directly in the country (via government or currency) or do you mean investing in companies/industries within that country.
Good question. If it is currency, then I would invest in a few currencies so as to have a basket of them. I would go for the countries who are progressive and who also have populations that are relatively young, i.e. they won't be as heavily affected as countries in Europe and the US with their much older populations. I would go for China and Brasilia.
nigam
you can invest in your own country in simple and many ways....first, you have to know what kind of business that interests you most and if you think that it gives you positive outcome, then go for it....
rockpan
i thought US is the safest.
Maybe in china you could get more profit,
but risk is too high, you can hardly predict the direction and time of the frequent changes in china market.
deanhills
rockpan wrote:
i thought US is the safest.
Maybe in china you could get more profit,
but risk is too high, you can hardly predict the direction and time of the frequent changes in china market.
Why not just buy the currency of the country rather than stocks, i.e. by yuans?
makathebear05
India..!!
Cliffer
china,china,china!and invest to me!invest to me!invest to me! Laughing
menino
johnBdoe wrote:
China and India are so yesterday. You should look at emerging countries like Vietnam, Russia, Poland, Brazil, Venezuela. Invest in countries that have potential and stable, and not countries that have been mentioned about worth investing in financial magazines ages ago.

China and India are still good to invest in, as well as Brazil...
But not too sure of Russia - I mean they are growing economically, but a lot of negativity regarding their political infrastructure.
domz
why not invest in your own country? it would be better than investing in China.
pedror414
As a first time investor, it is best to start out small and test their own judgment in the small cap stocks. Risk goes along with investing in stocks; thus it is necessary not to put all your money all at once.

investing in stocks
friho
i think china is a good choice. you can go to beijing ,which ever hold 2008 olympics and attract all kinds of people come .besides,own the good environment.lots of foreign visitors would be go there to visit the Great Wall ,tian an men etc.
gandalfthegrey
For a secure investment, invest in Canada.

For growth, invest in one of the emerging economies (other than China). I'd suggest Brazil or India.
aman30
Investing in a property like fixed deposit in a bank, that's why, to secure their capital people invests their capital in property or land.
GfBL
Depends what you want.
Do you want to make quick money?
Or in the economy of your own country, hoping that our neighbor finds a job,
Or you have enough money and you invest in a philanthropic project in a pour country.
ronii
I would like to say that invest in china will be more better than any other country fr you.Because the prices of goods in china very low. So in China you can invest less and get much profit.